[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got their tickets already for this Tuesday and Wednesday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: PSY-09435_COMBO-front_large.jpg (173 KB, 750x940) Image search: [Google]
PSY-09435_COMBO-front_large.jpg
173 KB, 750x940
Anyone got their tickets already for this Tuesday and Wednesday for the Psycho Pass movie?

Is Season 2 of Psycho Pass as bad as everyone says? More importantly, is it necessary to watch Season 2 to understand the what the fuck is going on in the movie (already finished watching S1)?

Also, Psycho Pass thread, I guess.
>>
>>138581182
>Is Season 2 of Psycho Pass as bad as everyone says?
you have no idea.
>>
>>138581182

I don't even remembered what happened in S2. It was so forgettable.
>>

It is terrible compared to the first season but in terms of anime standards it is decent.

> is it necessary to watch Season 2 to understand the what the fuck is going on in the movie

Yes it is necessary because they jump right in without explaining core concepts and who the characters are.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>138581228
>you have no idea
Is it necessary to watch Season 2 to understand the what the fuck is going on in the movie? That's the question of the day
>>
It has one of the most obnoxious case of did-nuthing-wrong tragic villain sue.
>>
>>138581182
Christ yes, you keep thinking it's gonna get better an then it's over
>>
>>138581363
I have no idea.
>>
Anon the movie wasn't that great but watch season 2 (total crap) and then the movie to bolster its profile. Decent always looks good compared to crap.
>>
>>138581465
True
>>
>>138581182
>is it necessary to watch Season 2 to understand
No.
Also yes, s2 was bad. I loved the first few episodes and how the killer acted but it became stupid after that. Some mix between try hard "shock" scenes and probably one of the most retarded solutions I've heard in ages.
>>
>>138581465
Movie was utter shit. Season 1 and 2 were weak, but the movie was terrible. Bland one dimensional characters dying for an irrelevant plot no one cares about: the movie.
>>
>>138581182
Season 2 is bad, the movie is bad, just be satisfied with season 1 and move on.

The thing I most remember of season 2 is lots of pizza and mika's smug face.

There is only connections from season 2 with regards to character developement, if there is any. Plot isn't linked. This is assuming you have watched season 1 and know the core concepts of course.
>>
File: 1454637849347.png (79 KB, 901x500) Image search: [Google]
1454637849347.png
79 KB, 901x500
>>138582199
>season 1
>weak
>>
>>138582281
Was it your babby's first 'dark and mature' anime?
>>
>>138582199

Season 1 was great but season 2 was a let down.

I enjoyed the movie for Kougmai and the action scenes though.
>>
Psycho pass was such a half baked, mediocre mess of shit pacing (it takes eleven episodes for the meat of the plot to begin) and non-character characters like "guitar playing lesbian" and "redheaded jovial young man"; worst of all, the villain himself kept referencing dystopian and cyberpunk novels that I could have been reading instead of watching that bland Sci-fi CSI rip off.
>>
>>138581182

I never watched S2, but aside from a few characters appearing that I had never seen before, I remember enjoying the Movie.

>>138582547

> non-character characters like "guitar playing lesbian" and "redheaded jovial young man"; worst of all, the villain himself kept referencing dystopian and cyberpunk novels that I could have been reading instead of watching that bland Sci-fi CSI rip off.

I liked Psycho pass but fuck me I cant stand it when people say its super deep or worse a "masterpiece" for those exact reasons.
>>
i'm a bit busy and short on money, and i've already seen the movie.

i don't mind dubs, but 13$ to see psycho pass again? i didn't really like it all that much the first time
>>
>>138584360
You want to see more anime in theaters?
>>
>>138584390
it's fun. i'm definitely going to kizu, though it's coming late to canada, and i also plan to see the boy and the beast
>>
>>138582320
I dont think I ever had one. Closest thing I would imagine would have been Unico when I was like 10.
>>
>>138581182
>going out to see a anime movie

fuck off to reddit, fags. true /a/ users dont go out.
>>
>>138586381
Tell that to the ones that went to go see Kizumonogatari to the point that they took road trips just to see it.
>>
I'll probably go see it on Wednesday.
>>
>>138586381

>true /a/ users
>>
>>138581182
There are some nods to S2 so I'd say if you want the full experience you should watch S2.
>>
>>138582547
>>138583073

I never thought of Psycho-Pass as a master-piece, but I did think it was pretty above average and, if nothing else, a good homage to the cyberpunk genre and detective thrillers. Compared to a lot of other stuff these days, it did feel a little more mature or at least like it wasn't trying to pander to the same obsessive fan market.

I don't think Season 2 was that bad, but it definitely suffered all sorts of bad pacing and being way too short for the story it was trying to tell, which tried too hard to up the ante from the last season.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but since it's coming out in a theater near me, I figured now's a good a time as ever to see it.
>>
>>138581363
No, not really.
The new S2 characters have only minor roles.
>>
>>138581182
I'm going to go only if they give out free merch. Otherwise fuck that.
>>
>>138581182
What movie? The one that has already hit the theaters like last year?
>>
>>138589450

it's coming out in select american theaters this year
>>
>>138581182

S2 is laughable garbage and the movie uninspired waste of time.
>>
>>138581363
isn't nessesary, but one spoiler

[spoilers]the new inspector already knows about the true behind sibyl[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.