[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can AlphaGo beat Sai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sai.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sai.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
Can AlphaGo beat Sai?
>>
literally who
>>
nevermind I readed it on /pol/ this morning.
>>
File: 018.png (816 KB, 885x836) Image search: [Google]
018.png
816 KB, 885x836
>Sai
>missed out on centuries of game theory development
>beating any modern professional
Not likely.
>>
Probably.

Actually, looking at the match made me think of Sai.

There was a human sitting opposed to that Korean and he placed the stones on the board for AlphaGo.
>>
>>138546381
>getting your news from fucking /pol/
Jesus Christ anon
>>
File: CdLRdnyUAAAZ6T5.jpg-orig.jpg (54 KB, 598x850) Image search: [Google]
CdLRdnyUAAAZ6T5.jpg-orig.jpg
54 KB, 598x850
Yes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZIu1uZN04

Akari a best girl, btw
>>
I think so. Sai isn't able to handle computers.
>>
>>138546868
oh please, the game itself doesn't change just because of modern game theory. If you are smart you are smart, if you can read 1000 moves ahead, you can read 1000 moves ahead.

What instead i am more confused about is, how come Sai was so strong to begin with, when all he did in his original life was just being a go teacher? In an era where traveling wasn't as easy as it is now(or 200 years ago)
>>
File: wIuuCqd.png (2 MB, 686x8845) Image search: [Google]
wIuuCqd.png
2 MB, 686x8845
>>
>>138549342
The game itself doesn't change, but the tactics and patterns of the players has advanced 1000 years. Like any strategy game, the best players study different situations and practice what they would do in that situation. Modern players have the benefit studying years of games and players to determine which strategies work best.
>>
>>138550546
all these studies do is making your game play faster, but if you have enough time you can easily counter them by just thinking ahead

Also remember, Sai in the beginning only played low-level pros or good amateurs, only once he learned modern strategy he played Touja Koujou, the same procedure probably happened with Honinbo Shuusaku as well, in that when he possessed him when he was still a child he only played good amateurs.(i don't know much about Shuusakus life, of course it's possible he played against strong people from a very young age)
>>
>>138549069
kek

>>138550546
do you honestly think a single person can master a 1000 years worth of experience?
>>
>>138549900
so accurate
>>
>>138550546
No one can master 1000 years of experience.
>>
>>138550754
A, the modern rule requires fast play, nobody is going to allow your traditional three day game, if you can't do it, you suck.
B, the Japanese play style is more obsessed with beauty in shape, a primary reason why Japanese players got assraped these years when Chinese/Koreans shifted towards winning the game and didn't care for the shape.

So, no.
>>
>>138551046
So we need to ban Koreans and Chinks from the game.
>>
>>138551094
>ban those play better
Thank anon, I learned much in /a/
>>
>>138546283
no one can beat sai desu
>>
>>138550827
>>138551006
to be fair, he doesn't really have 1000 years of experience
in his original life he only lived up to like 30 years or so, he looks very young
as Shuusaku even less, meaning he only had at most 60 years of training
Sure when he didn't possessed someone he was probably thinking about go, but there is not much you can alone
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.