[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of audience is this show catered to? Is it targeted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: phantom world.jpg (79 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
phantom world.jpg
79 KB, 800x450
What kind of audience is this show catered to? Is it targeted to 13-18 year old boys?
>>
>>138539934
Oldfags.
>>
It's like an afterschool cartoon. I don't think it has a particular demographic in mind beyond "anyone 12 and up"

There's not really any wish fulfillment or pandering, and any 'fanservice' is just used as typical japanese body humour. You should be worried less about who the show is catered to and more about whether or not you enjoy it personally.
>>
>>138540034
>You should be worried less about who the show is catered to and more about whether or not you enjoy it personally.
This is perfectly reasonable, but there is the concern that it seems like KyoAni is doing stuff like this purely for the money, when it could be doing presumably better things.
>>
>>138539934
People with patrician taste in anime.
>>
>>138540166
>company goal is make money
holy shit someone call CNN
>>
>>138540166
>t it seems like KyoAni is doing stuff like this purely for the money
Well no shit. It's a business. They call it the animation industry, not the animation charity.

If A studio is creating good work that you enjoy and profiting from it, I really fail to see the issue. It's not like this show is a notable step down from their typical standards for seasonal anime. It's a bit silly to demand an artistic masterpiece every season just because you've let your expectations for a for-profit business run out of control.

Nobody put a gun to kyoani's head and said "make this mediocre LN into a cute and fun episodic series." They own the rights to the source material and chose to adapt it because they wanted to. If you don't like it, move on and wait for them to make something you like. If you like it, then there isn't a problem.
>>
Musaigen no phantom world is only for people who are
1. Educated
2. Patient
3. Attentive, and
4. Analytic
Musaigen no phantom world rewards people who are intelligent enough to understand it. It doesn't make it easy to follow because it's not for the average anime fan who need everything fucking explained to them like they're goddamn children.

And that's why it's probably the best anime in the past 20-30 years, hands down. It's the first real anime for intellectuals since LoGH...though honestly, I think it might surpass even that.

If you didn't like it, that means you're just not mature enough to really "Get it". In short, grow up, kid.
>>
>>138540251
>you can only make money by appealing to the lowest common denominator
No.
>>
>>138540748
Go away, footfag
>>
>>138540802
Nobody said that.
>>
>>138539934
Fairy fetishists.
>>
File: smart.jpg (66 KB, 1563x205) Image search: [Google]
smart.jpg
66 KB, 1563x205
>>138539934
>>
File: 1456850779813.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456850779813.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>138539934
KyoAni fags who would watch anything they make, no matter the quality of the show. But in this case, even though the girls are cute, the show is pretty crap so it's no surprise that it's flopping.
>>
File: suicide.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
suicide.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
School
Stress
Kills
>>
>>138541171
There's nothing too wrong with it, it's just that episodic shows aren't anything spectacular in general. At least it doesn't try to be something it's not.
>>
My dick
>>
>>138541360
I'd argue it's simply not trying hard enough to be anything. A lot of the episodes have fallen flat and ended up being generally boring because it doesn't really have anything going on besides a mildly upbeat tone and some pretty visuals. The weekly plot contrivances lack substance and are uninteresting on their own, but they also don't become the catalyst to any interesting character interactions. Everything is so subdued, from the way the characters interact with one another to the things they do.

The show is like tepid water. It's just not particularly anything.
>>
File: colors of the phantom world.jpg (303 KB, 1667x885) Image search: [Google]
colors of the phantom world.jpg
303 KB, 1667x885
What is Haruhiko's secret? How does he surround himself with bitches?
>>
>>138541360
The problem with the episodic format is that the characters aren't developing and even until now the plot still remains unclear. Episodic shows can work when done right but it's not working here. I mean, we still don't know why these phantoms exist, or why Ruru showed up.
>>
>>138541491
It's the lab coat.
>>
>>138539934
Just don't take it even halfway seriously and it's decent. Better than k-on at least.
>>
>>138541491
Haru's practically a girl herself, of course she has a lot of girl friends.
>>
I get the impression that it's just a general-audiences show for anyone who likes things that are fun and dumb and lighthearted. Kyoani's shows often have blended demographics. K-on was on Disney Channel Japan for example.
>>
The audience that wants to fuck fairies.
>>
File: Oppai_Mermaid.jpg (57 KB, 315x633) Image search: [Google]
Oppai_Mermaid.jpg
57 KB, 315x633
>Her mammaries is way too big
>She can't even button up her uniform
I hope she get a lot more screen times with much more fan services.
>>
>>138541613
Reminder he got the monkey dick.
>>
Why do people think 13-18 year olds have enough money to buy BDs?
>>
>>138542058
Arubaito desu.
>>
To me it seems like most episodes have some sort of magical twist or try to depict scenes with "pretty" animation like Ghibli movies. It doesn't do it for me. This show is boring and just going circles. Probably catering to families with younger children.
>>
>>138542396
"Magical twist"? This show is just the characters put in silly situations every episode: limbo dance, martial arts training montage, playing house in a crayon-colored world, saving the princess in a bear wonderland, getting lost in a cat haunted mansion, seducing apes in the hot springs, fighting in feudal Japan, etc. It's just a silly show that's not meant to be anything other than amusing. It's KyoAni's Space Dandy, just a bit less exaggerated.
>>
>>138543212
Yeah, you're right with what you said. I don't know why I choose "twist", but I meant it the way you put it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.