[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've watched this today (at a theater), I'm still fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: marnieannie.jpg (112 KB, 2048x1108) Image search: [Google]
marnieannie.jpg
112 KB, 2048x1108
I've watched this today (at a theater), I'm still fucking wondering what to make of the plotwist.

What did you think of Omoide no Marnie?
>>
>>138525706
It's 6 am and I somehow spelled "Anna" as "Annie", fuck that. And fuck Marnie for calling for Kazuhiko at that silo, although he's the grandfather, at the time it just looked like she didn't give a shit about Anna.
>>
File: 6580945d7ef2d6a6ef88d07298ba24b4.jpg (210 KB, 2048x1108) Image search: [Google]
6580945d7ef2d6a6ef88d07298ba24b4.jpg
210 KB, 2048x1108
>>138525706
Despite it literally being Girls Crying: The Movie, I did like it. Sayaka a cute.
>>
>>138525706
Horrible. MC was an ungrateful bitch and made most of the movie unbearable to watch.
>>
>>138525786
Man, when I first saw her, I thought she'd be like Darla from Nemo and I feared for it. Then she suddenly became best girl, not annoying at all and a great buddy.
>>138525815
I thought her reasoning behind her adoptive parents not caring just because they were paid to have her was bullshit. I just attributed it to Anna being naive and not having an understanding of how things work financially when you're raising someone.
>>
File: Help.jpg (20 KB, 552x367) Image search: [Google]
Help.jpg
20 KB, 552x367
>>138525706
Please stop shipping this poor girl with her dead grandmother.
>>
>>138525815
Anna is a dick, but she reminded me enough of myself for me to empathise with her. Well, about some things anyway. Unlike her I wouldn't be bothered by finding out my adoptive parents got money to look after me, but I did understand her when it came to social situations and having trouble making friends without fear of being ridiculed or thought of as weird,
>>
>>138525887
Except I'm not. Not only incest is for fucktards (see: oreimo fans), but also with your own damn grandmother? I meant before we found out about the plotwist, it's pretty damn hard to deny Anna was attached to Marnie a bit way too much.
>>
>>138525864
That part was passable. I didn't like how she was basically treating everyone in the town like shit for no good reason. Like when the girls invited her to the festival and she had to be a bitch and call out the fatty. And basically ignoring the aunt/uncle despite the fact that they obviously care for her.
>>
File: Nichijou 1.jpg (37 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
Nichijou 1.jpg
37 KB, 300x303
>>138525934
I wasn't referring to you.
I was referring to everyone who does, and there are hella people who do. Fuck, I can't do it.
>>
>>138525941
I'd kill to have aunts and adoptive parents like hers. Despite not sympathizing with any character in particular, it did sting on me to see so much betrayal, then made me feel stupid after the revelation that they were Anna's grandparents the whole time. I don't know what to make of it, coming from someone who wasn't even wishing for/expecting anything romantic to begin with anyway.
>>138525987
Yeah, it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>138525941
She had only just met the fat girl, obviously wasn't ready to open up to her, but she got in her face demanding to know personal information despite having met her literally yesterday.

Fat pig was probably pushing it, but your mind can overeact like that if it gets into a situation where a fight or flight response is required, such as a socially intimintimidating scenario where almost total strangers want you to open up to them, especially when that's something you have a hard enough time doing at home.
>>
Still enjoyed it more than Kaze Tachinu.
>>
>>138526148
Who didn't? Wind Rises fell apart as soon as he met back up with the girl. Everything stopped dead and never really got back on track.

At least the first two thirds were hood, and the sister was cute.
>>
>>138526042
She just doesn't fit with the usual Ghibli heroine outline. I think she had the least taxing life in comparison to the other main characters, other than losing her blood relatives when she was a baby. Most of her angst was self created since she just projected her own insecurities onto others.
>>
File: 45684855_p0.jpg (189 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
45684855_p0.jpg
189 KB, 600x800
>>138525706
>>
>>138526804
Those eyebrows, jesus
>>
File: marnie_hires_4.jpg (674 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
marnie_hires_4.jpg
674 KB, 1200x800
I'm surprised there aren't any edits of this.
>>
why was this movie so gay

literally everyone i know thought it was about lesbians
>>
>>138526985
Because two girls can't stand next to each other anymore without being lesbians apparently.
>>
>>138527241
while i appreciate that comment the movie was actually gay
>anna blushing every 5 seconds
>marnie saying they have to keep this a secret
>marnie catching anna as she trips
>dancing and singing to each other outside of a party
>anna gets jealous when she sees marnie with kazuhiko

the list goes on and on.
>>
>>138527241
Because you haven't watched the movie apparently. Anna screaming "aishiteru" and blushing every damn time they were close as well as being jealous of Kazuhiko wasn't enough for you special flake, apparently. Meanwhile, although Marnie didn't reciprocate as much "gay" wise, she still insisted in saying stuff as "my love Anna" and such. It's not even a big deal, just accept it and move on. When we found out she was her grandmother, no one expect or wanted romance anymore anyway.
>>
>>138527352
>>138527444
I assumed everyone you know had seen the poster and was going off that. They were pretty gay in the actual film. It didn't help that Anna was self-inserting herself inyo Marnie's Kazuhiko stories, which made her Marnie's boyfriend/girlfriend
>>
>>138527502
they were very gay.

anyways I liked this movie. great score, phenomenal art, and considering it's his 2nd film, Yonebayashi did well. kept me guessing on first viewing, although everyone i showed it to guessed pretty quickly what the twist was. at first i thought they were each others imaginary friends. sure hope it's not their last film though, it'd be kind of a bad note to leave studio ghibli with something non fantasy.
>>
>>138525706
>plotwist
I don't think this can be called a twist. It's more of just a reveal. There's a mystery of what's going on with this girl who isn't really there, and then the fact that she's her grandmother is revealed. No twist.
>>
My only major problem is that the timeline doesn't really work.

Marnie's time is clearly from the 20s, so it just doesn't seem to fit. I guess unless it's really the 50s or something.
>>
>>138527786
Yeah, I agree with you. Thanks for correcting me there.
>>138527798
I could tell by Marnie's clothes from the very beginning that she wasn't "real", but I just didn't see the related thing coming. Or the pseudo-NTR.
>>
>tfw Marnie never told her granddaughter about the time Kazuhiko took her virginity
>tfw we never Saw Marnie come on to Anna in a sexual way
>tfw we never saw Anna freak the fuck out over it
>tfw we never saw Anna throw up a little when Marnie was revealed to be related to her
>>
File: Marnie-image.jpg (86 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
Marnie-image.jpg
86 KB, 610x343
How would you restore her smile, /a/?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.