[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
overrated or masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
overrated or masterpiece?
>>
It's neither as good as normals would have you believe nor as shit as /a/ says it is just to be different.
>>
I liked it and I managed to identify some of its traits. But I dont know why it didnt become endearing for me.
>>
is it weird that samurai champloo was more endearing for me? maybe it's because i watched it first.
>>
I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it's definitely a classic.
>>
Quality isn't some measurable aspect. I'd say it's a masterpiece but I'd never expect other people to agree with me. Different strokes for different folks, y'know?
>>
Overrated. Baby's first adult anime from adult swim.
>>
>>138484069
An average show overrated by nostalgia goggles, just like FMA 2003.
>>
masterpiece
>>
Very good.
>>
It was definitely good. But it is way overrated and not a masterpiece.
>>
solid 6/10
>>
Good, but by no means anywhere near 'masterpiece' level.
>>
>>138484069
Best westernbait ever.
>>
>>138484069
Personally I think it's a masterpiece but I can see why people think it isn't.
>>
>>138484069

masterpiece.

especially when one includes the movie...movie was baller as fuck
>>
File: mfw when someone's a gorilla.png (390 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mfw when someone's a gorilla.png
390 KB, 1280x720
Both.

Everytime something gets well-review, it's get overrated.
But yeah it's a really good masterpiece, the overrating is way over his head.

kinda this too >>138485171

> mfw when I realize I am westernb8'd
>>
It's been a decade+ since I saw it, so maybe my taste was terrible back then but I sure as hell enjoyed watching it back then.

And that soundtrack... damn. Especially these two. How could anybody dislike it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5CjGiov6DY

The sax part gets me watery eyed occasionally, especially if I'm listening with my DAC+desk headphones setup.
>>
Overrated. Only burgers love it.
It aired in other different countries but could give less of a shit about it like Japan.
>>
It's up there, but people just love having Watanabe's dick in their mouths don't they.
>>
Short Story Time!

>tell someone I think Cowboy Bebop is pretty good but not a masterpiece
>They respond saying that it must be because I only like high school haremshit and can't appreciate CB

Why is the internet so stupid?
>>
>>138488366

You're so right anon-sama
>>
>>138488366

You should have killed them with a bamboo stick
>>
>>138488366

Let me suck your dick
>>
Usual bitching :
>>138488366

Expected answer :
>>138488762
>>138488793
>>138488820

Were these the replies you expected when you sent your bitching ?

Guess what, we ain't having this shit on 4chan. Go bitch on reddit or somewhere far from your screen.
>>
>>138484069
Bebop was good but overrated. The toonamitards it brought into western anime fandom completely destroyed the scene. Now at least 90% of the western fanbase is full of people complaining about anime not being 20+ seasons of Bebop and tons of SJWs that cry about fanservice.
>>
>>138484069
Over rated but still great pulp fiction
>>
>>138484254
They chose it first for a reason.
>>
>>138486991
Because the themes were more relevant to America than they were to Japan and it wasn't full of a bunch of culturally Japanese shit that scares normies away from Anime.
>>
File: 1108.jpg (250 KB, 581x720) Image search: [Google]
1108.jpg
250 KB, 581x720
I don't see why CB gets hated or dumped on just because it's very entry level to a lot of people who get started in anime, Doesn't take away the quality it has.
>>
>>138489216
People like to act "mature" by shitting on the first anime they watched.
>>
Masterpiece

Story is solid, animation is superb, art style is great, music is one of the best if not best.

It's only become hip and contrarian to under appreciate it since its been a staple of adult swims lineup for a decade and a half, and as such normies have watched it and appreciated it.
>>
Absolute masterpiece, and anyone who disagrees is a fucking plebeian who needs to try watching something that isn't anime.
>>
Masterpiece, yet overrated.
>>
>>138484069
I tried to watch it 3 times I really tried to like it..
But man is fucking mediocre as fuck, definitely overrated
>>
>>138489632
This is a copypasted comment from youtube, from an account with a SAO avatar.
Very clever, 4/10.
>>
>>138489731
lol what?
I just wrote it now, what are you talking about?
>>
File: 1457415251474.jpg (11 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1457415251474.jpg
11 KB, 680x510
>>
Masterpiece. Just one of those weird masterpieces that is appreciated even by normies.

To all the people saying its overrated, what do you propose is better? Animation, pacing, music/tone/style are all very on point. Episodes are varied enough to be interesting.

Maybe it's just the setting that people like. Sci-fi that doesn't feel so far ahead that it's unrelatable. It takes place on earth and everything is dirty and shitty, but there's cool spaceships. I've always figured that's what people liked about the first star wars movies too, I dont understand why creators don't take the hint.
>>
>>138484069
>You know the show never was popular in Japan?

Classic American Lie
>>
>>138484069
M00t will forever be in my heart
>>
File: EZ5HdS5.jpg (572 KB, 2569x1928) Image search: [Google]
EZ5HdS5.jpg
572 KB, 2569x1928
See you later, Space Cowboy.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.