[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unisex anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: eezes.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
eezes.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1200
Why arentt there more anime that are equally geared towards both genders, like shinsekai yori? they have much more to offer than the typical fujo/haremshit or even shojo/shonen anime

and no im not talking anout the homo scene in shinsekai, just the anime in general

whem an anime allows itself to cater to a larger audience it becomes much more multi dimensional which in turn benefits the characters and storylines a lot
>>
Because people watch harem/fujo shit for the escapism, and other people's fantasies getting shoved in will ruin their "immersion", hence why Shin Sekai Yori sold like shit.
>>
Guys buy shows geared to guys
Girls buy shows geared to girls
Shows stuck in the middle just don't sell as well
>>
>>138429905
>>138429845
didnt mushishi sell really well? im pretty sure theres other examples of these kind of anime selling well
>>
>>138429905
Why can't studios look past petty things like money and go back to their artistic roots to spread a message?
>>
>>138429741
>unisex anime

Good thread.
>>
>>138430113
>why can't businesses stop doing business and starve on the streets so my newfag ass doesn't have to put effort into finding good anime

I honestly hope you're baiting
>>
But anon, SSY flopped laughably hard.
>>
>>138429741
Look, tumblr is leaking again.
>>
>unisex anime
>>
>>138430238
If it means better animes are made, I'm willing for them to take that risk.
>>
>>138430113
You cannot eat art.
>>
>>138430516
But you're not the one in charge.
>>
>>138430113
Lobbyists and special interest groups don't care about using indirect means like preaching disguised as fiction.

Preaching as fiction isn't really inherently great artistry anyways.
>>
>>138430563
Never said I was, I'm just saying great artists like them should be willing to sacrifice for a higher quality show.
>>
>>138430707
Need money. Money from getting works by doing adaptions for sponsors who want to sell their products by using anime as an advertisement. Once they have enough money, they try original anime, and then have it flop most of the time, when they then go back to making adaptions for whoever hires them again, until they have earned enough again to try their hands at some kind of ambitious original anime, which either flops or becomes a hit.

Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>138430212
>>138430476
Samefag.
>>
>>138430861
This too, right moron?
>>138430476
>>138430500
>>
>>138430830
And like I said, they should put aside petty matters like money and concentrate on making good animes
>>
>>138430932
You seem to be under the impression studios don't like making what they make now.
Not every artist and writer is a pretentious idiot, they just wanna make cute girls
>>
>>138430908
Thanks for the (You).
>>
>>138431013
Kill yourself and fuck off.
>>
File: 1450208407201.png (72 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
1450208407201.png
72 KB, 594x595
>>138430932
>petty matters like money
>animes

oh baby.
>>
>>138430932
>making good anime without money
Anime isn't some world of starving artists that can slap paint on a canvas in between pizza deliveries.

Not that it's even plausible that what you want would be better. Messages don't mean shit.
>>
Because most anime focuses on a group of friends, and segregation among the sexes in Japan is typically greater than what we're used to in the West.

You'll find that anime that isn't set in a high school tends to have more gender diversity.
>>
>gender
It's such a good synonym for biological sex but so easy to twist.
>>
>>138430476
>do i fit in yet?
>>
>>138429905
>Guys buy shows geared to guys
>Girls buy shows geared to girls
more often its flipped
>>
>>138429741
I think i might be the only person ever to deslike that show. To be honest i couldnt even finish, stoped watching 1 episode after that one that everything turns gay.
>>
Because anime is a business.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.