[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: rline.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
rline.gif
2 MB, 300x169
Will there ever be another movie like Redline /a/?
>>
>>138395098
probably
>>
>generic garbage meant to pander to westerners

There are movies like it before and after it came out, feel free to use google to find them.
>>
>>138395098
Try again in 7 FUCKING YEARS
>>
@138395176
>generic garbage post meant to gather (yous)
>>
>>138395176
>generic...
Stopped reading right there you meme master
>>
>>138395176
7 years HAND DRAWN ANIMATION..................................................7 FUCKING YEARS

nowhere near generic
>>
7 YEARS
>>
>>138395217
>>138395229
>>138395237

The art is all it has going for it, if you're not half-asleep or drunk while watching it you'd notice the complete lack of plot, characters, etc.
>>
>backpedaling this hard
>>
>>138395297
I admit the pacing was a little sub par, but its a pretty short movie not a full blow series
>>
>>138395297
I was actually drunk, but how the complete lack of plot, characters etc are mean to pander to westerners?
>>
>>138395297
I bet you're the kinda guy who watches Schwarzenegger movies and bitches about the acting.
>>
>>138395297
Right yeah a movie all about cars going fast should have had a deep and intricate plot. I get fucking hard over a good plot but redline was not meant for anything ambitious in terms of story. It's an animation you watch for its animation. What's wrong with that?

>>138395098
There's Trava, a short mini series set in the redline universe
>>
>>138395508
Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
File: seven years hand drawn.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
seven years hand drawn.webm
3 MB, 720x404
S E V E N
E
V
E
N
>>
ITS A REDLINE DAY
>>
>>138395098
No. The age of high production value anime films is over. Redline was the goodybe to it all. Metropolis, Steamboy, Akira, memories, Jin-Roh, Redline, Ghost in The Shell (95). It's all over.

Don't bring up that summer wars/wolf children dude either his films animation wise are just high quality OVA tier.

And the Garden of words dude has great art but extremely average animation.

Age of true animation talent is gone. See ya.
>>
>>138395297
After watching it again, there's lots of subtle contexts I missed the first time around. Some people on /a/ pointed out things I didn't notice the first time around.
>>
>>138395098
I wish, but unlikely
>>
>>138395098
Nope
>>
>>138395297
It had that originally. It was gonna be a show. But it too so long to animate they cut out everything except the Yellowline and the Redline.

You don't watch this for plot, you watch this for action. You must hate action movies if you're seriously complaining about this.
>>
The only thing I don't like about this movie is that it reminds me that a full season of Trava will never exist
>>
As long as you hope and believe, there will be.
>>
Japs are starting to animate specifically for western distribution
>>
>>138399189
>are starting
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.