[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you even imagine how good would Kancolle anime sell if they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Can you even imagine how good would Kancolle anime sell if they went full yuri pandering route like Madoka or Love Live?
>>
I'd start watching it.
>>
Kancolle season 2 better be 90% SoL. Hopefully they can top the Akatsuki curry episode
>>
I am completely serious when I say that every trash harem LN would be better adapted if they pretended the mc never existed.
>>
>>138343684

If only the entire season was like that episode...
>>
>>138343745
Why wouldn't you be?
>>
>>138343684

Why was that the only good episode. I mean most of it was SoL but that one episode worked so much better than all the other ones.
>>
>>138343745

Koihime did this. And we got 3 great seasons and a bunch of OVAs.

Meanwhile 90% of harems get one low budget anime and then disappears forever.
>>
>>138343878
>no retarded drama
>no horrible action
>no "muh shadow admiral rabu me" shit
>no dumbshit pandering to game memes
>>
>>138343479
They can just add TTK like Take-P in deremas but they don't.
>>
>>138343479
I would love it
>>
>>138343479
It wouldn't. Yuri shit isn't popular at all, which is why there isn't much of it.
>>
>>138343479
No. Yuri bores me to death.

Seriously. I watched Sono Hanabira and fell asleep.

>>138343684
I'd like some action in my Kancolle anime. It kinda pointless if they don't use the appeal of being a shipgirl and just show them living their live at the naval base.

And first episode was the best, good balance of SoL and action.
>>
>>138343684
This. 90% SoL and then 10% everything going to shit a la yuyuyu
>>
>>138344042

The only way that would work would be a bunch of admirals in charge of different ships. Kuroko admiral in charge of lesbian ships. Granny Mikasa admiral in charge of old guard. Some pervert admiral. Some shy LN MC fag admiral. Etc.

The shadow thing was so fucking retarded.
>>
>>138344406
>Madoka
>Love Live
>Girls und Panzer

Yeah dude, so unpopular.
>>
>>138343902
Koihime's MC is great.
>>
>>138343745
>>138343684
>>138344652
SOL is pure fucking cancerous shit. Why would you want more of that?
>>
>>138344695
I don't know about Love Live but GuP didn't have yuri pandering, it was just an all female cast. Madoka didn't have yuri pandering till much later, and that isn't why it sold well.
>>
>>138343878
That one and the Kongou sisters episode were written by someone who worked on Minami-ke, Sabagebu, and Love Lab. Someone who actually knows how to write SoL and comedy. The rest of the episodes were handled by Hiroyuki Yoshino and Jukki Hanada, who are known for melodrama and trainwrecks. Notably, those two also tag teamed on Idolmaster Xenoglossia which was equally shit for very similar reasons.
>>
>>138344753
Love Live are pretty much bunch of cute girls singing. More of moe factor rather than yuri. Heck nobody gives a fuck about them when their earlier mv was uploaded to youtube before the anime aired.
>>
File: top lel.jpg (44 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
top lel.jpg
44 KB, 650x366
>>138344753
>GuP didn't have yuri pandering

Just having an all female cast is enough to be considered yuri pandering. Same with all male casts and it being fujishit.
>>
>>138344791
I think it was destined to flop since KDKW choose crap studios for this job.
>>
>>138344791

The main problem with this anime is they couldn't decide what they really wanted. You had Kisaragi drama and Bongou Dess! in one episode.

They wanted to do the Madoka style episode 3 shock, but then next episode starts with rolling Kongou comedy.

It was complete autism.
>>
>>138344897
Then Kancolle would already be considered yuri pandering.
But it isn't.
>>
>>138344939
Except that one coupling ?
>>
>>138344909
Also 3Dcg girls kinda ruin it and Studio Orange didn't deliver on battle animation. People were at least having high hopes with Studio Orange due to MJP but most of the battle scene in Kancolle ended up being really dull.
>>
>>138344985
Is one couple out of a huge female cast enough to be considered yuri pandering? I guess it would be. Doesn't really make the entire show about it.

Like with Hibike, that's what I consider yuri pandering.
>>
>>138343479
It would sell same because otaku bought it for game bonus shit not for actual anime, which would be shit anyway.
>>
>>138343902
Yurifag keep bringing up Koihime as an example of how a series sell better without the MC, yet they seem to forget that the VNs are still producing more sequels with the "generic male MC" that they hate and it still sell well enough to even get a spinoff with sequel on the way.

Maybe the reason the show did well is because of the fanbase built around the games, like how people keep buying Kancolle BDs despite the show being complete shit.
>>
File: img000011.png (2 MB, 2108x3028) Image search: [Google]
img000011.png
2 MB, 2108x3028
>>138344753
>GuP
>not yuri
>>
>>138345215
Koihime isn't a great example for either side. It's so successful because of merchandise not romance or yuri or whatever. The character designs are god tier and varied so they sell a lot of figures and other goods.
>>
File: 1453979820849-a.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453979820849-a.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>138343479
>love live
>yuri pandering

Aside from nozomi groping tits a few times I don't see what else could be pandering to yurifags. Not counting the metric fuckton of yuri fan art.
>>
>>138345422

There are two official pairs in the anime. And game is ultra gay.
>>
>>138345112
>game bonus shit
There was nothing like that. They bought this shit because they just didn't care. Even with all the outrage it was still a big success. I'm sure the movie will sell just as well despite looking like more of the same.
>>
>>138345464
The game is not anime or manga related. There are no official gay pairs in the anime.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.