[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darker Than Black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
This show makes me feel retarded. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I don't understand what the gates even are or how some kid made a fucking copy of the Earth and nobody seems to notice. Also how the hell are the stars "fake"? Did somebody make a big dome over the city and paint stars on the ceiling? Somebody please tell me this show is bonkers because my brain hurts right now.
>>
2deep5you?

Seriously, DtB is pretty shallow OP. That's shameful.
>>
It's cool. It's like Eureka Seven. They don't really explain what happened in one singular episode.

Really the best thing to do is keep watching it and piece the pieces together yourself. Like any anime told without preface context.

Basically, just know that half the city is quarantined and that everyone who was on that side of it became Contractors.

At least I think that's how the story goes.
>>
Also, it's not the city they live in that's quarantined. It's the Gate or Hell or whatever it's called.

The stars aren't fake. They said that because of something they tell you later on.

There is an astrologer later on in the show who you hear talking at important interims in the story.
>>
>>137298513
It's been a while, but I don't remember them ever saying that the stars in particular were fake, they always used the term 'hoshizora' - meaning that the starry sky as a whole was fake... Due to the added stars tied to contractors. At least that was my interpretation.
And, don't think they ever explained what the gates actually were, because I don't think they really knew either. Just some zones that suddenly appeared where crazy, impossible shit was possible - and were also somehow tied to the origin of contractors and dolls.
>>
There will never be a prequel.
>>
File: 1437162236903.png (956 KB, 950x1050) Image search: [Google]
1437162236903.png
956 KB, 950x1050
>DtB ending was retarded
>mfw Bones managed to make S2's ending even more retarded
>>
>>137299613
But Suou was very cute and sexable. Yin not so much sexable but still cute though.
>>
>>137299242
I don't understand how this guy without powers managed to rekt contractors in the jungle but kept getting rekt with his op powers against second rate contractors
>>
>>137301581

Every time he died in the jungle, Amber rewound time and saved him.
>>
>>137301682
Still, she didn't do it often otherwise everyone would have realised she getting younger. He probably still killed houndreds without her help
>>
>>137299161

it's kind of implied the gates were a Visitation Zone (see roadside picnic, stalker). Both sites intersect the earth in a straight line which is exactly like the sites roadside picnic, and both have weird unexplained artifacts
>>
NOW IVE LOST IT
>>
>>137298513
It helps to devote more attention to watching it then.

No stupid 1.5x speed
No watching it in the corner of the screen whilst shitposting
No alt-tabbing
Feel free to pause after a lot of exposition to digest the infodump

This applies to pretty much every show that's very reliant on dialogue, thing is, DtB isn't one of them per se.

If this doesn't help, seek help.
>>
Get your carer to explain it to you
>>
>>137300150
>Suou
Literally who?
>>
>>137301581
>kept getting rekt with his op powers against second rate contractors

When did that happen? So far as I remember, he owned everybody
>>
It's magic, they don't have to explain shit. Same with Bai fusing with Hei and whatever happened with Nick.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.