[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been 12 years and not a single romcom has yet to surpass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
It's been 12 years and not a single romcom has yet to surpass School Rumble. Is it just impossible?
>>
>>137228098
It has been 12 years and not a single X has yet to surpass Y. Industry is ded, killed by moe.
replace moe with normalfags and it applies to /v/, there is no escape
>>
File: 1342942732470.png (290 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
1342942732470.png
290 KB, 664x602
You can't just make an anime that cares so much about side characters anymore. It's all about them stereotypes and beta MCs.
>>
>>137228098
Not impossible, but very very difficult. Too many great characters with various personalities and circumstances, but also a story that doesn't take itself seriously, coupled with supernatural elements, in an altogether fun environment.

I can see someone doing one of those things better than School Rumble, but not the whole package.
>>
>>137228098
the closest one that I can think is probably gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun
only close to school rumble, not surpass it
>>
>>137228834
I agree, in terms of the manga. The anime i think doesn't hold a candle to it, simply because of sheer lenght, but it does show off the direction an potential.
>>
File: 1392874624182.jpg (8 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1392874624182.jpg
8 KB, 180x192
>>137228532
Tell me my brother, what is this material you're talking about
I already lost hope to romcom. Maybe I could relive it again
>>
12 years and not a single romcom jumped the shark with sudden emo development like School Rumble, too.
>>
>>137229409
fuck, this makes me realize how this series used to toy with my feeling
it makes you laughed really hard and then it caught you off guard with some depressing moments
not that a bad thing though
>>
It's hard to surpass a pie in the face.

Seriously though, the show just turned to total shit in those last seasons.

>>137228834
Gekkan is def a contender.
>>
>>137228098
School Rumble was shit, all the unrequited love was annoying.
>>
File: 137374855.png (156 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
137374855.png
156 KB, 800x800
>>137228098
>>
>>137228098
Eri best gril.
Yakumo second best gril
tenma a huge shit.
>>
What about Jitsu wa Watashi wa?
>>
>>137228098
School Rumble was good in the beginning but became shit the moment it started to take itself too seriously and focussed on romance too much. It should have focussed on humour, it should have never gone seriously in the romance direction and it should have ended after at most half as many chapters as we've gotten.
>>
>>137228834
Perfect comparison. One of the few that I didn't forget 2 days after finishing.
>>
If I watch this it better not be generic over hyped trash .
>>
>>137228098
>Daily best grill reminder
>>
File: eri cherry.jpg (218 KB, 697x1000) Image search: [Google]
eri cherry.jpg
218 KB, 697x1000
>>137230344
Dubs speaking the truth.
>>
You know why SR achieved that? Because of fucking Harima Kenji.

Tenma is a dumb shit, every girl stereotype completely shits on Tenma, from rich girl Eri to "Where are my feels" Yakumo they are 4958309845 times better, which leaves us to the male protagonist.

Every time Harima appears you know it will be good, from his struggles to his antics he steals the scene, even when it is another character episode, he participates? Character goes up, he just appears 5 seconds? He steals the spotlight.

SR went the other way from the "comedy romance school life" narrative and delivered one of the most memorable animes ever, all because they decided the male protagonist wasn't a complete faggot, check it, most male protagonists are androgenous sissy cuckold bitches, they are women in a man's body, "o eme gee should I decide between tomboy with big breasts or polite girl with big breasts? MAH FEELS", any non-beta male would thought "how can I fuck them both", "But but Harima does that too" no you fucking faggot, Harima has an objective, Harima has old romance style principles, he is set on his goal and will humiliate himself for it, he walks a man's path on an anime type that is oriented for women.

Harima is a best, no homo.
>>
>>137231621
>>137231706
>not yakumo
>>
>>137232948
He has astronomically shit taste in girls though.
>>
So, baka test didn't count ??
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.