[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /a/, /tg/ here. I'm currently making a roleplaying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: battle academy rps.png (962 KB, 549x798) Image search: [Google]
battle academy rps.png
962 KB, 549x798
Hi, /a/, /tg/ here.

I'm currently making a roleplaying system hack to make and play your own adventures in the vein of Mahouka, Rakudai Kishi, Asterisk and shows of the same style.

Would you be interested in me sharing it when it's done?

What would you want to feature in such a thing if you like the idea?
>>
>>136044278
I'm actually fairly interested. But since you don't seem to have even started, what would your ETA be? 1 month? 5 months? a year?
What systems do you play to borrow from, if any?
>>
>>136044371
I do have a framework, it's just mostly disjointed notes at this point.

I'm planning to do it using Fate Core with some additional bells and whistles, maybe something borrowed from the Powered By The Apocalypse line of rpgs, so not overmuch tinkering depth, but enough to accommodate a variety of snowflakes if required.

I was going to do random tables to generate schools, locales, opponents and powers in case imagination needs a boost.

So, all in all, maybe 1-2 months until it's a fully playable v0.9? And play testable before that since I am not really making a system engine from scratch, just making a focussed supplement.
>>
>>136044278
>would x be interested in y
How about fuck off and make it, then someone might like it if its good, which it likely won't be.
This isn't reddit, you're not getting upvotes for this.
>>
>/tg/ here
>posting an elf
I don't believe you. At least you picked a good one.
>>
>>136044583
To be honest, I just looked up a sufficiently LNish picture on safebooru under the "original art" tag. Is the elf from something?

>>136044559
As I said, I would like to ask /a about what sort of options or features it would like to see in such a thing, before setting out to plan it in earnest, trimming the unneeded parts.

(Also, to be honest, I do know about reddit, but am unsure what upvotes are. I also do not give much of a fuck about the site, I never could get into the interface layout, really.)
>>
>>136044278
>Rakudai Kishi, Asterisk
I see there will be a lot of anger in your game. Good luck.
>>
>>136044734
You posted an LN cover from The New Gate. It's basically SAO done with enough imagination and skill to be entertaining instead of shit.
>>
>>136044824
Watching Rakudai and the banter between those duelling shows is what led me to believe there are enough fans of the genre that the RP system might interest people.

Or am I reading this incorrectly? What exactly do you imply?
>>
>>136044909
Oh well, no wonder it looked LN-ish to me. I'll check it out, if it's good.
Thanks for the tip, someone on the site probably mistagged it.
>>
File: 1448732299422.jpg (126 KB, 960x686) Image search: [Google]
1448732299422.jpg
126 KB, 960x686
>>136044278
If you want my honest input, I don't have the time or patience for pen&paper/tabletop RPGs. I would be more interested if you were designing an actual playable game in that vein.
>>
>>136044975
>banter
It was mostly just shitposting. That said, I'm interested. I've been meaning to at some point make an effort to lurk on /tg/ and this could be a nice bridge to get there.
>>
Two months to version 0.9? I sincerely doubt that if you're asking for suggestions as to what systems to implement now.
>>
>>136045267
I'm not good enough at scripting unless you want that to be a VN, and I kinda feel that VN format would stifle the genre instead of making people be able to have their own adventures, have "their own" fun, for the lack of better term. (And live through their own power fantasies, yeah. Not somebody else's.)

Besides, the only artist I know is a /d/-tier futamonger dickwaffle who cannot draw a cute girl to save his life. Fantasy girls, especially dark fantasy — sure. Cure LNsh girls — naaah.

>>136045283
I didn't pay enough attention to tell the difference. And yes, come on in, you'd probably find an anime themed quest to your liking to acclimate.
>>
>>136044734
I'd like to see solid gameplay mechanics that are acutally fun and engaging, but that's probably too much to ask from /tg/ or any tabletop rpg player for that matter. I had to stop going to that board, mostly because I was sick of seeing I'm gonna make a game about X give me idea" threads that would get hundreds of replies but then op would never deliver because no one on /tg/ actually appreciates or understands how to make a playable game.
>>
>>136045517
Features, not systems. I can run the game tomorrow if I wish, if get enough players. I am basically going to make a handbook full of locales, items and shit so that you have a fleshed out setting and a toolkit to make your own, and use Fate for the actual task resolutions.

Fate is, thankfully, really really modular.
>>
>>136045673
Fate is quite solid in the engaging conflict mechanics department unless you like excessive tinkering and build-finetuning (which, for a game about a group of snowflakes, is a good point since no one would get to dominate the spotlight excessively);

>>136045267
Thanks for the art, where it's from?
>>
File: 1416359152431.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1416359152431.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>136045664
I'm sort of the same. I have dreams of making a futa-focused ero-RPG, but I am not artistically inclined in the least, even if I could do the rest of the work.

>>136045940
Not sure honestly, I just grabbed it from the archive because it's thread-relevant. The two characters are Kirin from Asterisk and Isla from Plastic Memories though, if you want to search for it.
>>
>>136044278

But something like this is already easily done using systems like Savage Worlds or GURPS.
>>
>>136046091
Yes, but you can't pick up a supplement for either of those and run it, because no such thing exists. If you have knowledge of the system "Adeptus Evangelion", which is the adaption of Dark Heresy d100 roll-under rules for biomecha vs kaiju combat, you can, too, run Eva in, say, GURPS with some sort of GURPS Mecha supplement. And on the other hand you have a specifically made thing with a base setting, some statted enemies, and somewhat tailored mechanics, that you just take and go. Do you see where I am going with this?
>>
>>136045940
the number one rule for tabletop rpgs is that they're all shit. the number two rule is that ones claiming to be general purpose or adaptable for anything are extra shit.
>>
>>136044278
Fuck off and stop posting this on /a/, your first thread was already shit.
>>
>>136046533
My... First thread? As far as I know this is my first thread on the subject. I did hijack a thread about Chuunibyou about a year ago by telling people about a plan to make a new world of darkness thing about reality and delusion in the vein of Chuu2, BlackRock Shooter and Changeling: the Dreaming. Unfortunately, that project is kinda stalled due to lack of inspiration on the matter. But that was long ago enough that I am pretty sure nobody much remembered that.

So, of what first thread do you speak?
>>
File: 1369360709325.png (495 KB, 782x784) Image search: [Google]
1369360709325.png
495 KB, 782x784
>>136044559
>This isn't reddit
>>
I like this idea.

Bump
>>
>>136046899
Someone was here literally five days ago asking for advice on systems and ideas for Mahouka/Rakudai-based campaign, and he was told to fuck off back to /tg/, as is correct.
>>
>>136047299
I guess it is a sort of hivemind then? More reason for me to do this thing.

I don't really need advice on systems though, so it wasn't me.

So, would you want some sort of Social Link system or harem management systems?
>>
I like the idea, but I think the whole /tg/ aspect of this is going to be kind of a weakness rather than a strength since let's be real; battle harem highshool isn't really something most of us feel comfortable 'getting into' other than in private.

When you look at the target audience, and the way these things work, everyone is going to be "holding back" to avoid things getting awkward; because at the end of the day these really are SI/wish fulfillment etc... INDIVIDUAL experiences.

That being said, I think some kind of generic anime highschool battle harem (npc companions or something that have little convo arcs) is something I'm relatively surprised hasn't been pitched as an MMO yet.

I'd probably give that a shot, I don't know if I would microtransact on it, but I think some medium like that would be more accessible and successful.
>>
>>136046318

Play something that's not trash like DnD.
>>
>>136047752
I will consider this
However, this is aimed to be primarily a play by Internet thing and.there is a lot less reservation then.

I might devote a paragraph or two to "don't be scared to get into character".
>>
>>136047885
THat's cool, I always was more interested in the mysterious powerful loli mentor types in those shows than MC anyways, and I guess /tg/ elements are more likely to facilitate that than anyone ever developing anything THAT niche.
>>
>>136047959
Noted. Would add some Nenes.
>>
>mfw I imagine a bunch of fat neckbeards sitting around a table pretending to be japanese high school girls

>>136047788
d&d, gurps, ww, it doesn't matter. they're all trash.
>>
>>136048348
>I imagine a bunch of fat neckbeards sitting around a table pretending to be japanese high school girls
You've never heard of BESM before?
>>
>>136044278
Why not dungeons: the dragoning?
>>
>>136048497
Cause it doesn't work for everything.
>>
If you want to make a /tg/ game about anime Battle Academies, I recommend making it like 35th Anti Magic Test Platoon. Just my two cents.
>>
>>136048348

I play rpg games for over a decade and out of all the people I played with 1-2 were stereotypical fat nerds.
>>
>>136044559
>This isn't reddit
Funny, because I decided to check out reddit's anime threads out of curiosity and they post just like /a/.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.