[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just came back from watching this. It was honestly not that much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: Hey.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hey.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Just came back from watching this. It was honestly not that much better than any individual anime episode. 67 minutes long which could have been much shorter. I'll share some of my thoughts

60 fps slow-walking the movie
Hanekawa and Shinobu fanservice
A lot of talking like always but the Hanekawa-Araragi conversation was the only interesting one
A lot of French
The character designs are a bit odd
Hanekawa and Shinobu are the only heroines who make appearances
Oshino Meme is badass
The whole movie was basically just shaft being shaft
>>
>>135932564
How was the direction compared to Bake?
>>
>>135932564
>Hanekawa and Shinobu are the only heroines who make appearances
We already knew that since forever.
>>
>>135932564
So, disappointing? Not worth the wait?
>>
>>135932564
http://desustorage.org/a/search/image/pEmx0z8DlrNSI28wjeIBCg%3D%3D
>>
>>135932623
I don't know enough about movie direction to have an opinion of that.

>>135932680
I hadn't really been keeping up with news on this movie.

>>135932797
Quite disappointing actually. I'm still looking forward to the other parts (Part 2 this summer apparently) but if this film in itself was just uninteresting.
>>
>>135932801
That's pretty sad.
>>
>>135932879
>news
Not even news. A fan translation of Kizu has been around for quite a while now.
>>
>>135932801
As expected.

The first thread was even before the first screening finished.
>>
>>135932801

This image is the second result on Kizumonogatari in google images.
>>
>>135933115
Also no picture of the ticket.
>>
>>135932564
>Oshino Meme is badass
I'm really excited for this. I've missed Oshino.
>>
>>135933115

I have no idea why you would think that. That first thread was posted in the afternoon on the 8th, which is the day this movie released.
>>
>Kizumonogatari - 150k tickets sold in just over two days
>Free - 22k in over a month

KyoAni getting shown how it is done.
>>
>>135933842
Sure, most of the KyoAni movies since K-On! are quite the underperformers.

but it appears that business model is profitable.
>>
>>135932564

I just saw it today too.

I thought it was amazing. Oshino was a badass, Shinobu was super cute, Araragi was awesome.
It looked much better than any anime episode too.
Yeah the cliffhanger fucking sucks but we knew it was coming and almost everyone has already read the story anyways.
I think it was indeed "shaft being shaft", but then again that's why I went to see it. If you don't like shaft then why even watch any monogatari in the first place?
I'm going again next weekend.
>>
>>135933971
I think the fact that OP feels unable to even comment on direction casts severe doubt on his ability to comment on if it even looked about episode quality or not.
>>
>three movies
I'm forever butthurt about this.
>>
>>135934108
Why? The next one is out in the summer. Not really a long wait.
>>
>>135933842
Please don't start the studio wars bullshit.
>>
>>135934132
I just don't think it's necessary when each is only about 60 minutes.
I think two would have been acceptable but like this especially the first one suffers from lacking content which of course is annoying for those who are unfamiliar with the source material.
>>
>>135932564
Cool OP. I'll go see it in Thursday myself.
>>
>>135934292
From what I have read some Japanese reviews were saying that if anything it felt packed for a 60 minute film and because of the amount of stuff in it felt more like a full length feature.
>>
>>135933971
RRG encountering Kisshot and being saved when burning under the sun were my favourite scenes.

Really loved the burning scene especially.
>>
>>135934292
>>135934338

Yeah it did feel like a full length feature.

I also was very upset about the fact that they decided to split it into 3 movies, but after seeing the first I'm glad they did. It feels like I'm savoring every moment of the story. It feels good after the 6 year wait or so.
Yeah some parts were not as action packed, but that's fine. Nothing was rushed. It had somber moments, and tense moments, and fun moments.

I understand that it may be kind of strange for those unfamiliar with the novel, but those people can get rekt
>>
>>135934490

Yeah I loved that they started with that scene too.

I also couldn't stop grinning like an idiot throughout Oshino's entire screentime. Man, it's been too long.
>>
>>135934549
Honestly there were too many scenes that made me giggle

Too bad the theatre is quiet as fuck
>>
>>135934747

Yeah the Japs take that shit so seriously. I'm scared to even eat my popcorn at the theater here.
>>
2ch seat counters counted 132k seats for Kizu, which should come out to about 280 million yen week 1. Yokai Watch had a strong Sunday, so it'll probably fall behind that and Star Wars though.
>>
Is it Flench or real French ?
>>
What's the final scene ?
>>
>>135936868
Araragi wakes up on a beach with a red sea washing up, blue sky in the background, sat on top of Senjougahara strangling here. Senjougahara looks up and says Kimochi Warui. The film ends.
>>
There's a theme song singing by Araragi ?
>>
>>135936868

It's Oshino, Araragi and Shinobu in the cram school after Oshino saves Araragi from the 3 vamp hunters.
Oshino tells them that he'll help them out and go negotiate with the vamp hunters.

>>135937234
No
>>
>>135934966
I wonder what they think when they go to a western one
>>
>>135940340
I don't know about your country but the only cinema I have experienced where it is acceptable to make large amounts noise is in the USA. In Europe in my experience everyone is generally as quiet as is reasonable to expect perhaps besides laughing at funny parts of a film.
>>
>>135940756
>laughing at funny parts of a film.
Here in Germany you literally couldn't hear the fucking movie at times because everybody was laughing so loud at Inside Out.
It got pretty annoying sometimes.
I hope it's not too loud when Kizu is here.
>>
>>135932564

>Hanekawa and Shinobu fanservice
>A lot of French
>The character designs are a bit odd
>Hanekawa and Shinobu are the only heroines who make appearances
>Oshino Meme is badass
Sounds like someone didnt read the book
>>
is it in any amerifat theaters yet?
>>
>>135941184
February
>>
>>135936388
Don't expect it to triple that amount by the time the movie gets pulled from theaters. It probably won't beat Madoka.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.