[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuck did I just watched?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: images (35).jpg (32 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (35).jpg
32 KB, 512x288
The fuck did I just watched?
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
Bad Engrish
Bad Five
Bad terrorists who don't kill anyone
Great OST
Great Twelve
That's my twelve cents.
>>
horrible writing bringing down what could've been a great show
>>
>>135653973
A poor show who's only fans are the "mature animays only" type. Nice music though
>>
>>135654085
Five shouldn't have been a thing. Then it would have been great.
>>
>>135654115
was that the woman? she was bad but in general I remember disliking the direction the show was going in
thematically strong with the direction and production values to support it, but poor storytelling
I'm one of the bigger Watanabe stans on this board but I can't really bring myself to like this show all too much
>>
>>135654085
This so much.
>>
>>135654096
>only fans are the "mature animays only" type.
Not even they like it. It's pretty much just plain bad, except the bike scene.
>>
>>135654241
And the Ferris wheel scene.
>>
>>135653973
Dogshit
>>
>>135654234
...Truth?
>>
For the first weeks I thought it was going to be a serious thriller about some actual terrorism and their traumas or whatever, and then it turned into some stupid game bullshit with no tension and the government was the evil ones the whole time.
>>
>>135654096
The opening is shit as well tho
>>
From that summer up until now, I've been so chewed up that I can't bring myself to give a shit about what /a/, or really the internet for that matter, thinks about anything. I can feel the nausea coming back just from this empty thread.

It was fine. Just fine. There were plenty of bad parts but treating it as though it's worse than the plague is ridiculous.
>>
Man, Five was such a shitty character. I felt extreme anger each time she was in a scene.

The second half in general was quite a letdown.
>>
>>135654367
They focused on their traumas, the point of their attacks was to tell the world about the institution they grew up in and the horrible things they had to endure.
>>
>>135653973
Watanabe propaganda supported by Kanno in wanting a more liberal Japan that is not under American scrutinization and has better defenses (read I think Japan needs its Imperial Army back). It doesn't make sense to baka gaijin like us, so beat it.
>>
>>135654241
Look at the MAL/IMDB rating. People legitimately really like this show
>>
>>135653973
women ruin everything: the anime
>>
>>135654457
I'm thinking that it's because the production values are some of the best in recent memory, the soundtrack is phenomenal and two of the scenes it accompanies even more so. While mushroom head essentially dragged the show right down into wasted potential territory, regardless of that it's still better than most of the shit that comes out every single season.

At least, that's what I think the general public is thinking.
>>
>>135654508
b-but anon, a woman gave us eargasmic soundtrack for this shit.
>>
>>135654453
> They focused on their traumas
They didn't, really. Most of them just disappeared whenever it was convenient. Lisa had some serious baggage early on and then got relegated to the clumsy cook and hostage for two thirds of the show, Twelve's edge from the beginning disappeared way too quickly, and Five got basically zero proper characterization until her last episode.
>>
>>135654508
Every time people hate on Lisa to the point where they think she should die, I look as hard as I can to find a reason why she would deserve such a fate but have no luck each time.
>>
>>135654529
>regardless of that it's still better than most of the shit that comes out every single season.
No, it isn't. Also, most of the reason normalfags like it is because they unironically think along the lines of >>135654455 and that it's got some inspirational political message.
>>
>>135654373
Nice meme
>>
A poorly written show with high production values
>>
>>135654541
From everything you're saying, this problem would most likely be remedied if the show were 11 episodes longer, maybe more. I think bad pacing was a key problem to this show. Still, I think Twelve's development, while rushed, was still very good. At least Twelve got development, unfortunately unlike everyone else.
>>
>>135654541
Thus symbolizing the 'shoganai' way of the Japanese. Guess the creators themselves don't like it but shoganai, can't do anything about it either. They can only vent out in this animaymay.
>>
>>135654567
So, you're saying the people who like it are liberals? If that is the case, I wonder why Americans hate it so much then.
>>
>>135654567
It's not inspirational, mind you. It's more on the lines of rebelliousness. Anyway, my opinion's shit and you are the one seeing the truth, like any other stuck-up anon on this board. Sasuga anon, have a (you).
>>
>>135654610
> Still, I think Twelve's development, while rushed, was still very good
Rushed doesn't cover it. The first few episodes he's willing to kill Lisa, even though they're apparently planning their entire bombing to do as little human damage as possible, and then in the span of ten minutes of interaction we get to the motorcycle scene and he's defending her to Nine and she's playfully almost killing them all with explosives. He's even characterized as that happy guy in the first episode, which made us all think he was a psychopath or something, but it turned out the whole ready-to-kill-her thing was just an irrelevant detail somehow.

>>135654700
Nigger, what? All I said was that you were wrong, does disagreeing with you make me stuck up?
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1024x768
>>135654749
Like you said, they were planning no human damage. I always thought the threatening to kill her was a ploy to get her off their backs so he couldn't get too involved. But again, 2 cours instead of 1 would have definitely fixed most of the show's problems. Though I'm not sure if there's any fixing Five.
>>
>>135654819
>I always thought the threatening to kill her was a ploy to get her off their backs so he couldn't get too involved
He cheerfully hands her a disguised bomb specifically so he can off her if she's problematic, and he then has Twelve make the call to let her join them or dispose of her. There was something about him wanting to give Twelve a chance to save someone because he hadn't gotten Five out with them, but that's still hardly an empty threat.
>>
>>135654540
We need more post-rock OSTs in anime.
>>
>>135654888
So his will to save her was based around his and Nine's guilt of not being able to save Five or the other children from the institution, but the penalty of this is having to track down her every move to make sure she doesn't snitch to the police. Twelve then sees Lisa at the park after she's run away from home, supposedly by this point Twelve starts to genuinely worry about her since he tells her it gets dangerous at night. Then she tells him she wishes she could escape from the life she currently lives and Twelve possibly understands how she feels in a way and then takes her away to their hideout.

I feel like their relationship could have been really beautiful had it been explored more than it was.
>>
>>135655177
Wait, fuck, I'm sorry, I messed up my whole post by switching their numbers. He has Nine make the call because he wants Nine to have a chance to save someone. That's a big difference.
>>
>>135655241
True, but still, I think Twelve felt a little guilty too. He probably just wanted forget all the shit that happened to him and saw a future for a normal life in Lisa.
>>
>>135655462
My point is that he has a bomb ready and seems perfectly willing to kill her if Nine doesn't feel like redeeming himself. We're introduced to this happy and playful guy with a "smile like the sun" who very cheerfully hands bombs to civilians, and a cold and serious guy who actually wants to forgive himself and decides to save that civilian, and then everything afterwards seems like that stuff in the first episode never happened.
>>
Wasted potential 2014
>>
>>135654083
English was good, except for five's.
>>
>>135654508
When do they ever not?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.