[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyouka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 624.jpg (24 KB, 754x414) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
24 KB, 754x414
>one of them hides out of sight from the door, perhaps between the shelf and the corner of the shed
>the other one calls for help
>the door opens up and only one of them will be seen
>the one that gets rescued comes back later to unlock the door for the one that hid
How can this not work?
>>
>>135556044
Its not that it WOULDN'T work, but Oreki didn't want to put Chitanda at risk while there was still a chance for them to get out without any risk of someone getting the wrong impression. I don't know you but I've been locked in a room before and as soon as I was let out, the person walked inside to check it out as if to say "oh come on, how could you not get out of here".
>>
>>135556044
Because it's a light novel and if that was the case, then there would not have been any drama at all

>>135556160
This too. Perhaps Oreki didn't want to let Chitanda down on her expectations.
>>
>>135556044
>>135556160
But the answer is yes, the result would have been stronger if this possibility had been addressed, given the show's nature as a "mystery," or at least being about using logic or deduction to solve problems like these. There's certainly a chance the author just didn't bother to consider this possibility, because Hyouka is never really about the puzzles being completely figured out. It's also possible it was covered more technically in the novel but was just cut / simplified in the adaptation in order to streamline it, kyoani is by far more interested in what this means for their characters than they are in the actual puzzle-solving element. This is definitely one of the weaker single episode puzzles.
>>
>>135556417
>given the show's nature as a """"""""mystery,""""""""
>>
>>135556417
Technically it wouldn't "work" though, because the objective was not necessarily to get out, but to get out without anyone getting the wrong impression. The OP suggestion was not without risk explained here >>135556160

It was made clear that calling out to someone would have been the backup plan, and had that actually done that, I'm sure Oreki would have tried to hide away.
>>
>>135556526
There's nothing "technical" about what you're saying. Technically, if the show is a mystery about unraveling complex puzzles, then the possibility should have been brought up and rejected or sidelined. Obviously the actual fidelity of the puzzle is a secondary consideration.
>>
>>135556237
Okay, somebody clear this up for me. Is it actually a novel or a light novel series? I've never been able to figure this out definitively, sources are totally inconsistent.
>>
It's a novel.
The distinction between lightnovels and novels is so piss poor, I really don't see why people care.
>>
>>135556491
Hyouka is all about mysteries tho. The presentation is top notch and that's what matters. People just complain because it's not about murder cases or some illuminati shit.
>>
>>135556953
Personally, I'm trying to figure out whether or not there's an actual correlation between the light novel / novel distinction and age demographic. For example if you just look at Kyoani's adaptations it's easy to say that KnK and Chuuni are targeted at a younger demo. The way the characters are presented is much more juvenile and melodramatic. I'd argue this is why KnK's plot is such a mess, because it doesn't matter to the demo as long as there's crazy drama. It's also why these shows constantly have their characters costumed in fantastical outfits. They're all accessorized like crazy.

And then contrast this with the novel adaptations (as far as I can tell), Hyouka and Hibike. The drama is more reserved, there's more focus on subtle character work and subtext, the plots actually hold together, and while Hyouka has been proven /fa/ as fuck when outside of class, in both cases the characters are all just wearing the same uniform the vast majority of the time.

So the simple conclusion to draw would be that a novel adaptation is targeted at a more mature demographic compared to a light novel adaptation. I'm just collating data trying to figure out if that's actually the correct conclusion.
>>
>>135557266
Basically, pandering trash
Amagi Brilliant Park
Kyoukai no Kanata

Actual well thought out light novels
Hikibi
Hyouka

Their doing a bit of both this year with the pandering trash coming up in a few days and the well thought out coming up in fall and I think, summer?

Here's to hoping they can do both well and both sides stay the hell away from each other.

One side wants to actually talk about the characters while the other only cares about which ones were cute and which ones would be fun in bed or stupid shit like that. They shouldn't mix.
>>
>>135557266
LNs target a certain market. It's not static and changed over years a lot, but you can see the correlation. Then you can also notice a trend to replace quality with quantity, such as creating single iconic poster girl and sell LNs purely based on this character.

I guess it also heavily depends how producer calls it, but I doubt writer of generic MMO resurrection novel has an adult reader in mind when he decides what to write.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.