[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
I finally watched it, and while I found it great, I have an important question

Did the bear girl do anything wrong?
>>
File: bp.jpg (43 KB, 319x310) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
43 KB, 319x310
>>135510714
She was beary nice girl
>>
She did bearly anything wrong.
>>
>>135511485
>>135511649
please no
>>
>>135510714
No, Eriri ow whatever his name was the one in the wrong, the material world should never have been merged with the information world, mankind is not ready for a hive mind or any sort of collective unconcious.
>>
>>135512088
>mankind is not ready for a hive mind or any sort of collective unconcious
If they'll ever be, which I doubt (and which I imagine the writer doubts too).

I have a real question though: what was the third Lain, the laughing one who leaked her friend's secrets and was confronted by Lain of the Wired?
Also, what made the big sister a vegetable? Was it a prank from the Knights?
>>
>>135512287
Third lain was one of the manifestations created by people's thoughts of lain. The "real" lain was the only one with real human experiences, all other lains were just manifestations of people's inner beliefs. In that case she was a lain as seen by others as a rumor mongerer and cruel (like the one who laughed at that guy who took accelera and killed himself)

>what made her sister a vegetable
Well honesly I don't recall. Sorry I can't really expound on lain, I only watched it onceand only have a very shallow personal opinion of it/
>>
>>135512906
Ah, right, I should have figured it out, they even repeated several times that all the other lains were manifestations of other people's beliefs. Thanks.

>Sorry I can't really expound on lain, I only watched it onceand only have a very shallow personal opinion of it/
It's all good, I'll certainly rewatch it someday. It was really a really interesting experience anyway.
>>
Sister went vegetable has two main explanations.

1: Influence of the knights (you see the knights logo when she breaks down)
2: In an interview, one of the creators explained it as a side effect of lain's affect on reality
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 841x992) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 841x992
>>135511830
What's wrong? Can't BEAR it?
>>
File: 1367102149.png (491 KB, 938x1094) Image search: [Google]
1367102149.png
491 KB, 938x1094
>>135514198
>>
>>135513865
>2: In an interview, one of the creators explained it as a side effect of lain's affect on reality
That makes the whole scene kind of pointless imo.
>>
>>135515198
Yea, perhaps they aren't mutually exclusive though. Knights were trying to get to lain so maybe mika was just collateral damage.
>>
>>135515318
I'd also say that's the most logical explanation, yeah.
>>
Ask again tomorrow.
>>
File: 3.gif (275 KB, 661x600) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
275 KB, 661x600
I love Lain!
>>
File: 9.png (433 KB, 2422x1500) Image search: [Google]
9.png
433 KB, 2422x1500
>>135517662
Let's all love
>>
>>135517239
Why tomorrow
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.