[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone feel like the main disappointment of OPM wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: YINm8J9.jpg (413 KB, 1020x1500) Image search: [Google]
YINm8J9.jpg
413 KB, 1020x1500
Does anyone feel like the main disappointment of OPM wasn't the animation, the direction, or the pacing itself, but the sound effects they used?

The main issue for me is that the sounds they use for the effects during fights or otherwise just aren't memorable or powerful. And I don't mean the voice acting or the soundtrack. For example, I feel like the punches lack "oomph", and a lot of the fights have sounds that really dampen the excitement in my opinion.
>>
>>135488835
I won't say that you're wrong, OP, but I really didn't even pay a thought to the sound effects before you brought it up. Goes to show that people pay attention to different things when watching anime, I guess.
>>
>>135488835
Who was the producer or listed as working on sound?

I have to say there are very few studios I've noticed that have good sound design.
>>
>>135489156
Yeah, for me, sound is a big part of the viewing experience, be it for anime, TV shows, or movies. There's a reason that sound direction and design is so important in places like Hollywood.

Basically, if they do it right, you don't notice it. You only really notice the sound if something goes wrong. In this case, due to experience, I notice specific details in regards to the sound, something that is usually niche for viewership but quite important.
>>
>>135489347
Well, according to what I could find on MAL, "Hata, Shouji" was the sound director. So literally one single guy, and based off of what I can see, I don't see any dedicated sound staff.
>>
>>135489795
Looks like he did some unremarkable stuff per anidb. The only thing I've seen is Log Horizon, which was actually pretty bad now that I think about it.
>>
>>135490368
Damn. Does the whole anime industry have underdeveloped sound direction? I feel kind of doubtful of that, but I mostly read manga instead of watching anime..
>>
>>135490633
Gonna say yes, and visual direction, too.

I'm gonna blame it on the size of the medium/lack of money.
>>
>>135488835
The anime wasn't disappointing at all. It greatly exceeded all my expectations and is my favorite version of OPM.
>>
>>135491621
It's a good anime, but you're either overlooking all of its flaws or just fanboying. There's no such thing as a "perfect" anime, and so for me, my key criticism is the sound direction for the series.
>>
>>135490633
Knights of Sidonia did have some neato subwofer worthy sounds.
>>
>>135488835
Jesus that anorexia on Tatsumaki. Who drew this?
>>
>>135496344
It's in the upper right corner. But I always thought she was kid thin to boot.
>>
>>135488835
>that art

AYY LMAO
>>
>>135488835
The overall effort put in was equal to Saitama's additude.
>>
>>135496574
her hand is the size of her body

always knew tatsumaki was an ayylmao
>>
>Sound effects

Fucking nit pickers, just have fun jesus christ.
>>
>>135497408
Superfans are allowed to be nitpicky.
>>
>>135490633
Yes, they do.

But then so too does japan. Their recording and mastering sucks on a massive scale.
>>
>>135489550
I used to fight so much with my family over this
>be me
>we're hanging out watching a movie or show, with an exceptional soundtrack
>TV always set to dull any non-dialogue sound because they think only talking is important
>mfw music and visuals are usually way more important than the script
>ex: star wars, luke stares at the suns setting with the epic music and the lighting, no words necessary
>i suggest changing the sound
>they say no
>they get mad when i bring it up
music, sound, and visuals are what set good movies above books. To tell a good story with words alone takes talent, but to tell a good story with no words at all is above and beyond
>>
>>135504051
>>TV always set to dull any non-dialogue sound because they think only talking is important
What kind of setting is this? Normally people would just leave the TV settings as default, no?
>>
>>135504051

Fucking same.

>try to turn up the volume because the movie has good sound
>someone in the family bitches about it immediately

Glad I'm rid of them.
>>
>>135488835
I am disappointed completely.
>>
>>135490633
>>135490842
>>135501246

Have you faggots ever watched UBW ? The sound effects were fantastic(Not OST but sound effects)
>>
Literally no one cares for the sound effects, tho.
>>
>>135506014
I haven't. But even if it is "great" in comparison to the rest of the industry, that's 1 out of however many contemporaries that are being pumped out right now.
>>
>>135490633
If I were you I'd watch the Yozakura Quartet remakes. I don't tend to pay attention to the sound that often, but it was one of the only shows I can remember where the sound direction stood out.
>>
>>135488835
Can't say I payed much attention either, I just recall the punches sounding like thunders. Honestly, the fuckawesome sountrack hid it pretty well if they're not very good.
>>
>>135497408
Extremely good sound effects can actually improve the experience quite a lot.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.