[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1451461367080.jpg (146 KB, 776x1096) Image search: [Google]
1451461367080.jpg
146 KB, 776x1096
Why is Winter's AOTS called "ERASED" in the West? The title doesn't refer to anybody actually getting 'erased'.
>>
He's erasing the past? Who knows.
>>
File: 3480.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3480.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
This looks really fucking sad.
>>
>>135463543
Because it's popular for titles to fall under the template of "[vaguely relevant past participle]".

Like French localizations of films calling everything "Very Bad [something]".
>>
>>135463543
In my country it is published as "Missing".
>>
>>135463690
Sad?
It looks comfy at first then creepy because of the hand.
>>
File: oy.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
oy.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
Adachi is the killer.
>>
I thought the title referred to the fifteen years he spent in a coma as the price for saving the three victims
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBkrrQ_ob4

What a spoiler to put, or at least heavily imply, right in the trailer. Geez. I'm actually angry.
>>
I can't wait for /a/ to throw a shitfit over NTR
>>
>>135464449
Fuck I'm still angry.
>>
>>135464449
I guess Airi no longer knows who he is, either
>>
>>135464449
>>135464718
Anybody who was mad about that was reading this for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>135463690
It will be but just stay seated because this ride is anything but healing until the end
>>
>>135464449
he even admitted that he didn't have romantic feelings for her , just saving her as a friend not the same case im sure for the girl
>>
>>135466215
>this ride is anything but healing until the end
Saving Kayo was pretty healing.
>>
>>135464008
I guess mangafags won't be able to keep their mouths shut with the spoilers, huh?
>>
>>135463543
Here is called "Desaparecido", Missing, but time before the anime was announced
>>
>>135463543
The Japanese title translates literally into "The Town Where Only I am not" which is basically unusable decently in English. I would went with something like "The Town I Disappeared From" but generally as a publisher or distributor you want the title to be memorable in itself, that's why they go with titles like Erased or in case of >>135463820 Missing. In Japan that't not the problem since everybody is calling it BokuMachi.
>>
>>135467375
The title refers to a poem quoted in the story wherein the poet imagines a world where they have left home and are living somewhere else.

Hence "A Town where Only I am Not".

ERASED captures the wrong nuance. MISSING or ABSENT might fit better.
>>
>>135466025
This so hard, My nigga was just trying to save lives.
>>
>>135467763
Then what was the point of all the relationship teasing?
>>
The official website for the television anime ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) began streaming the second full promotional video on Friday. The new video previews Asian Kung-Fu Generation's opening theme song, "Re:Re

http://youtu.be/TGy5LDRfs4A
>>
Can't wait to watch this with /a/. It's gonna be a fun ride.
>>
>>135464290
Doesn't that happen in ch 1 or something? it's been a while.
>>
>>135463543
Probably because
1) the title doesn't translate well
2) it spoils the plot
>>
>>135463690
We need a Lelouch Seal of Disapproval, so we can tell what shows are actually good.
>>
>>135468625
To give you intensely mixed relief and disappointment when you see what happened post-coma. It worked.
>>
So regarding what we know after that coma thingy. What is the chance for MC to survivedin the end?
He got nothing left? Is he?
>>
>>135466025
Or reading it wrong. The MC himself has only ever shown romantic interest in Airi.
The fact that he starts bawling from happiness when he sees Kayo happy also absolutely crushes any NTR it could possible be. People are just dumb as fuck.
But, I guarantee if the anime makes it that far, /a/ will lose its shit.
>>
>>135468991
It happens at like the end of volume 1. I wonder if they'll be rushing it to end episode one with the stabbing or not. I really hope the pacing for this isn't fucked up, since it's Noitamina they can very likely fit everything up until the coma in one season, there's no need to adapt past that in a single cour.
>>
>>135471896
ah right, thanks. I knew it was pretty early in the story.
>>
>Non-anime original mystery show on/a/
Stay out of the threads you faggots
>>
>ITT no one has read the manga
It's a plot point.

The girl to his left is killed in the original timeline by a man who abducts and kills children and puts the blame on others. The MC has a power which activates whenever someone in his vicinity dies due to unnatural causes he loops back in time to prevent it from happening, he has no choice but to prevent the death from happening or else he's stuck in the loop. Grown up MC goes back in time to try and stop the killer and to prevent a murder that is commited in the future which cannot be avoided unless he stops the killer.
He saves the girl who supposedly got erased on his second loop. However his power cannot save him.
>>
>>135472453
Fuck it, that took a lot longer to write than I thought it would. Turns out people did read it after all.
>>
>>135463543
>Hinadzuki's tiny bit of blush
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.