[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That feel when Toei make better Key adaptations than Kyoani.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Air_The_Movie_poster.jpg (61 KB, 450x639) Image search: [Google]
Air_The_Movie_poster.jpg
61 KB, 450x639
That feel when Toei make better Key adaptations than Kyoani.
>>
>>135422192
You know it was directed by Dezaki, right?
>>
KyoAni's KEY shit were fucking ugly.
>>
>>135425092
You're saying Dezaki > Kyoani?
>>
>>135425710
those are two totally different things
also old Kyoani is a totally different beast than new Kyoani
>>
Kyoani's Air adaptation was complete garbage.
>>
>>135422192
Kyoani's Kanon >>>>>>>>>> Toei's
>>
File: 1450775282611.jpg (429 KB, 984x720) Image search: [Google]
1450775282611.jpg
429 KB, 984x720
>Rewrite by Toei
>50 episodes
>>
Why don't Toei do this stuff anymore?
>>
I want KyoAni to remake their Key works without the uguu eyes.
>>
The Clannad movie was fucking garbage though.
>>
>>135431705
Key ditched kyoanal for good, they have no rights over their IPs, fortunately.
>>
>>135432811
And instead animate their shitty IP's. Nice fucking exchange.
>>
>>135422192
Do you really think the Air movie is better than the TV show? I've never once been able to finish it and it never seemed that good.

Clannad movie is alright I guess but it's definitely not better than the TV show.
>>
>>135435074
When I began watching Air TV, I feared that it would fall into the formulaic quandary of countless other anime based on visual novels. From the beginning, a ditzy, childish blonde girl comes across an aloof man with spiky hair… this is intrinsically a recipe for disaster. However, Air should be treated somewhat differently: the series manages not to fall too far into the depths of stereotype, yet explores an abundance of issues in its quest to maintain originality.

As far as production values are concerned, Air manages to pull off some amazing visuals with crisp, bright art and realistic lighting effects. Detailed backgrounds and settings also contribute to the atmosphere of the series, and the music remains unobtrusive and complementary throughout each episode. While the presentation of the anime is top notch, the execution of the story marks the point where the series slowly progresses into mediocrity.

Air initially follows a typical plot progression that remains safe, yet also conventional. The first few episodes serve as traditional primers, maintaining a slow pace and introducing various characters in condensed subplots. This would be fine if not for the series’ limited span of twelve episodes. At around the halfway mark, however, the series suddenly takes a downward spiral in a flurry of haste and eccentricity. Abruptly, the series changes in both tone and setting, and a back-story set in medieval Japan becomes the temporary focal point of the anime. From here, while it tries to create a parallelism between the current events and those of the feudal past, it simply runs out of time to do so effectively.

Contradictory to the burdens that Air previously made, it then settles into its original easygoing mood and generally wastes time. Episodes that could have been utilized to increase coherency and flesh out the complex plot are instead squandered on recap episodes.
>>
>>135435440
Also, the characters that were introduced in the beginning of the anime are soon forgotten and not mentioned at all in the latter episodes, and atop all of this, the main protagonist literally disappears. The result of this haphazardly designed episode sequence ultimately leads to a convoluted mess that explains and answers little.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.