[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone really understand what this scene means?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: what.png (471 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
what.png
471 KB, 853x480
Does anyone really understand what this scene means?
>>
Illuminati confirmed.
>>
>>135404264
A metaphor for his loneliness, it mirrors his tantrum in threatening to destroy Central Dogma. It represents how he no longer cares anything about the things he or others made, because he has no stake in it.

He feels as if he has no friends, his only family, his dad, he despises, and ever since he came to NERV, his life's been a trainwreck.

There's nothing that he wants to protect, and the only thing he has a connection with hew hates, so he destroys it.
>>
>>135404435
Huh...

Yep. Alright then.
>>
It symbolizes how in thousands of years, Eva will be treated like a wonder of the world, similar to the pyramids in Giza. Shinji being a child is symbolic of the general populace who have not matured enough to understand the importantance of Eva in the world.

Bravo, Anno.
>>
>>135404264
It means you're a faggot.
>>
>>135404435
Yeah this, he felt connected to the kids as they were building the pyramid but once it's finished they leave and he is alone again.
>>
>>135404435
>>135405218
Both readings are accurate
>>
While we're here, can someone help me out with this scene?
>>
>>135405638
It seems a giant ball of spiders is coming to eat that man. With his cross shaped object he will smite them and reveal to the world the true god that watches over all human beings. He fucking hates spiders.
>>
I always hated this scene for that music and how ugly the girls are.
>>
>Kazalište Tragedije

Trying to make sense of Angel's Egg

Good luck
>>
>>135404264
tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
>>
>>135404264
Really?

It's the Geo-Front pyramid.

That was one of the few scenes that made sense.
>>
I think that it's about relationships, and that it takes a while to build but seconds to destroy.
>>
>>135404264
Given the parallelism of the pyramid and NERV's Geofront base, it could be alleged, among other readings, that the pyramid is indicative of his identity and sense of validation. Hence the girls, who are themselves indicative of the other pilots, help form said pyramid. Of course, once they leave he grows irate, remembering that this focal point of his identity and all the implications of it when faced with it alone, his relationship to his father through it, his loneliness etc. He frankly wants to destroy it and be done with it. A bit of >>135406616 and >>135405301 as well as >>135404435
>>
The urge to destroy is always greater than the will to create.
>>
File: asgsgews.jpg (95 KB, 935x515) Image search: [Google]
asgsgews.jpg
95 KB, 935x515
>>135404264
Shota macrophilia
>>
>>135404264
That whole sequence was Anno being a pretentious fuck. Just roll with it and pretend like it's some deep meaningful shit.
>>
>>135404264
Death/Rebirth subbed tonight boys.

EoE on NYE.

See you brothers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evodfa5vXj-TQS5XYUi_rX3IYg8S7UKFHyWKJY6O6c0/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DL SUBTITLES FOR DEATH/REBIRTH?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.