[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually read Eternity Holder! first, then read MSN! all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15
File: BUTTHOLDER.png (160 KB, 1275x588) Image search: [Google]
BUTTHOLDER.png
160 KB, 1275x588
I actually read Eternity Holder! first, then read MSN! all the way through and am now going back through UQ a second time. That said, there's been a lot of discussion about the Springfield genetic line and Tota's heritage, along with some other not-quite-as-interesting-topics.

Couple thoughts--

1) Can we all agree that Tota is a clone? Look, I'm sorry, but Akamatsu-sensei made his intentions very clear towards the end of MSN. Negi had to give up a clear path to normal happiness in order to surpass his father and save both worlds which meant embracing, Magea Erebea, which meant becoming sterile (like Evangeline).

While it is possible that Tota is possible the genetic offspring of -someone- he is most definitely NOT the direct descendant of Negi Springfield, even if he may have part of his DNA. My personal theory is that he was a clone of some kind (UQ Holder's database lists him as 4 years old, after all) which at the time of the accident that allegedly killed his parents, a now kind-hearted Evangeline somehow bestowed Magea Erebea on him in order to save his life (the initial "temporary immortalization" that she referred to early on then never mentioned again). There are obviously twists here that I cannot account for but this I think is the general idea.

2) Negi did not reproduce. Again, Akamatsu-sensei made this very clear. This was the cost. He was able to age some, apparently, but he was rendered sterile. End of story. Sorry shippers, I just have to reiterate this. Negi-kun has no true-bred children. Period.

3) Evangeline is sterile. Why is this even a question? Why is this even a possibility? Do you simply find it hard to read between the lines? Akamatsu-sense very clearly identifies Evangeline as sterile, as sad as that may be.
>>
Posting for space test?
>>
File: 01-uq49 (1).jpg (694 KB, 698x1045) Image search: [Google]
01-uq49 (1).jpg
694 KB, 698x1045
4) Eternity Holder is an absolutely magnificent evolution of Negima. We have all the excessive characters of Negima contracted and given life in the cast of Holder. Tota is Negi and Kotaru. Kuroumaru Tokisaka is a combination of Setsuna, Asuna, Kotaru and others.

More importantly, Eternity Holder explores ideas inverse from MSN. Namely, the fact that the protagonist, Tota, has no idea who he is or what he wants to do with his life. While this is played off as general amnesiac plot syndrome, it also has a much deeper element to it, namely, it allows us a surprisingly realistic protagonist, despite his rediculous combat abilities.

Again, everything is the direct inverse of MSN. Instead of happy-go-lucky-harem-boobies we have blood and horror and scifi and shonen (borderline seinen) identity crisis violence from the getgo.

In summation: Tota is a clone. Negi had no children. Akamatsu-sensei wanted a dark conclusion (UQ Holder, after all, is the timeline where Asuna never came back, as Akamatsu-sensei intended) and Holder is it, though it is amazingly inspiring in its own ways.
>>
File: 1448150597945.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448150597945.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
>>135156593
space. the final frontier man
>>
File: Kurochickbro.jpg (108 KB, 888x371) Image search: [Google]
Kurochickbro.jpg
108 KB, 888x371
After all, why would we be presented so many times with just how "hollow" Tota's dream is of climbing the orbital elevator? It has taken many years but I for one am incredibly thankful that things played out the way they did and we were given UQ Holder instead of an extra 100+ chapters of MSN.

I thought that MSN may be one of the best mangas I have ever read and reading it in continuation with Holder only confirms that. Akamatsu-sensei has truly given us a rare gift that we have continually tried to squander with pointles shipping.

Even Kuroumaru's androgyny is telling of what akamatsu-sensei's genius. Kuro is the embodiment of 3-A's harem all rolled into a singular character (with Kirie and Eva, et all thrown in for good measure). Though we know Kuro will find a way to win given Akamatsu-sensei's penchant for childhood friends finding a way to win the love contest.

So...thoughts? I am really looking forward to a real, solid (nonshipper) discussion on the state of affairs in Akamatsu-sensei's storylines.
>>
>>135156488
It's been a while since I last read Negima, but I either didn't notice / didn't pick up on the sterility. I totally agree that Tota is a clone / synthetic Negi though, it's been basically explicitly stated a few times now.

I've been seeing UQ as Akamatsu's yet another attempt at a Shonen. Negima is what happened when he wanted to try Shonen and his publishers insisted on another harem, so when he started UQ he tried to go full Shonen. I don't think it worked out so well though, the first part of UQ was totally retarded. Thankfully Tota's getting his harem now so Akamatsu is back in his happy place
>>
File: 1434261028874.jpg (94 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1434261028874.jpg
94 KB, 495x700
>>
I have never heard the series referred to as Eternity Holder. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish, besides making your posts appear like a blog dump regardless of how interesting or valid your questions might be.

>real, solid (nonshipper) discussion
About, that. I don't even know why you're here. If you wanted interesting discussion, you could at least pick a more interesting series.
>>
File: rakan.png (73 KB, 499x410) Image search: [Google]
rakan.png
73 KB, 499x410
>>135156856

Eh you can kinda tell that the scifi action shonen was what he wanted to do all along, especially if you kept up with the drama surrounding the series. It's pretty bad when you have such a talented mangaka who's talents are wasted on such trivial plotlines as per the publishers.

I believe the general consensus is that the publishers wanted another Love Hina! and so Negima started out that way then Akamatsu-sensei sort of started to get his way after about 50 chapters and then the laws changed and forced him to bull shit the ending and gave us what is essential and "official, non-canonical" ending of Negima. As far as I can tell UQ Holder is Akamatsu-sensei picking up the pieces of Negima and running with them in the way he always truly wanted to.

But that could just be me reading too much into things.
>>
File: Kurocosplay.jpg (335 KB, 875x876) Image search: [Google]
Kurocosplay.jpg
335 KB, 875x876
>>135156912

This is a good point of discussion as well.

UQ is essentially an onomatopoeia for the literal pronunciation of the japanese word for "Eternity". It looks something like Ukyuu in the original japanese. Did it never occur to you that "UQ" was not actually an acronym?

Personally I love this series and Akamatsu-sensei's world (he's gone on record saying that Love Hina, MSN, and UQ Holder all take place in the same universe).

I am really sorry about the length of posts, though.
>>
>>135156488
>UQ Holder
Once I thought that something was going to happen then I realized that there is no real plot nor wiill it ever go anywhere.

Negima had a fuck ton of SoL chapters at the beginning and was episodic as hell but even it had more fulfilling arcs, character development and actual goals.

UQ holder just rides Negimas coattails and has no real interesting parts of plot outside of finding out what the fuck happened to Negi
>>
>>135156488
The reason negi couldn't have kids was because he would never get older like Eva. Since we have seen that negi does in fact grow up, there is no reason to think he couldn't have kids either.

Obviously tota is some kind of clone/designer baby thing but there there could easily be a 'true born' son/daughter of negi that pops up into the story somehow.
>>
File: totagravy.png (103 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
totagravy.png
103 KB, 500x274
>>135157247

Good point. I felt the same way the first time I read the series.

"What the fuck am I reading? This kid's dream/goal is absolutely fucking stupid and it feels like the mangaka just pulled this out of his ass as an excuse/vehicle to write more shonen action/tell us what happened to negi".

Then I started to realize that the plot is actually inverse of Negima. Tota's lack of a clear-defined goal is far more realistic than any pushed-narrative the author could come up with. Sure, eventually he wants to find out who he is and what happened to his "grandpa", but really he is just a clone created 2-5 years ago and is just as lost as the rest of us. It creates a starkly realistic parallel to the trumped up "I must find my father no matter what else happens!!!!!!" mission that overrided all other character development in Negima.

Really, I'm very proud of Akamatsu-sensei. This work is actually much more nuanced than we have been led to believe and 10x moreso than his past works. Hence why I am so interested in discussing it.

Question: Doesn't Tota remind you of yourself? He is smart and talented, but with no clear direction in life...essentially he is lost with no real direction other than some vague dream that he can't fully explain.
>>
>>135157465
>"I must find my father no matter what else happens!!!!!!" mission that overrided all other character development in Negima.

>Question: Doesn't Tota remind you of yourself?

is this some kind of elaborate troll or something..?
>>
>>135157001
My counter to that is what >>135157247 says -- The first 70 or so chapters of UQ seem like they were done with no planning or goal in mind.

But it was basically the same for Negima. If you take UQ and replace the generic aimless shounen plot with generic aimless harem plot, you get Negima.

Actually, glancing at MSN, it turned into a battle manga with plot a bit faster than UQ, but they both went through that period of random filler before the plot starts up
>>
>When you want him/her to be a girl so damn bad
>When they keep adding more useless women that have 0 personalities
>When Touta isn't physically growing at all(perhaps due to vampire shit)
>>
File: Kirie.jpg (957 KB, 1066x4800) Image search: [Google]
Kirie.jpg
957 KB, 1066x4800
Gotta say, the chapters involving the time freeze was done so well. I could feel the passing of time with the way Ken presented the scenes. And the despair from Kirie and Touta coming to terms that things were starting to turn out hopeless. Proper for Kirie centered flag raising chapters, she stole the spotlight and managed to tie with Eva for best girl.

Ken really has a knack for time fuckery story that involves earning affection points with girls. First there was Kitty, and now Kirie.
>>
I hope that Touta never gets away from the vampire stuff, even if it's put on the backburner. It's actually kind of cool.
>>
File: 911.png (182 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
911.png
182 KB, 442x341
>>135157247
I've never read the other manga in this series; I started with UQ!Holder.

I like the first few chapters. For people with no idea going about anything going into it, they are a good introduction to the setting, magical systems, immortals, etc.
>>
>>135157533
Negima by this many chapters had 2 large arcs already, had introduced Fate and a group of villains and the mystery of what had happened to his dad and village had been actually explored and while we didn't get the full story until later we still knew it was the end goal of the series.

I legitimately forgot that Touta had a dream to visit space until the latest chapter reminded me.
>>
>>135157616
The kitty chapter was done well, but holy fuck is kirie one of if not the absolute worst girl. She's a badly done cliched archetype of some tsun-loli that PLAGUES every harem series.
>>
>>135157465
>Tota's lack of a clear-defined goal is far more realistic than any pushed-narrative the author could come up with.

It also makes for a completely boring and aimless series. The manga hasn't done anything for months now except stupid harem hi jinks and 'training'. it's been more then 100 chapters and pretty much nothing has changed since he arrived at the inn in chapter 5 or whatever.
>>
>>135157700
Are you serious? Kirie is a good character and is a tsundere done well. The time freeze chapters made sure of that.
>>
>>135157772
Hey man we learned Negi was brainwashed like his dad some 50 or chapters ago I guess. Also Toutas clone sister showed up, tried to kill people and showed how fucking retarded having a character who can literally rewind time in your series is. So we had like 2 things in the last 106 chapters
>>
FUCK YOU KEN I'LL NEVER READ YOUR SHITTY NEGIMA SPINOFF
>>
>>135157700
Kirie is Chisame. Do you hate Chisame too? Eva is a tsundere loli too, you know.
>>
>>135157808
I think her power is interesting, as far as bullshit asspulls go this one is at least a clever one. And humor me as to why she's a "good" character other than her powers.
>>135157915
Eva has had a decent amount of development, there's a difference. Kirie is exactly the same as when she first was introduced only this time she now knows she's "in love" with Touta and denying it. Booooring, honestly the best girl right now is literally androgynous. That should tell you a lot about the female cast as a whole.
>>
>>135156488
That highlight in his bangs makes it look like she's pooping on his head from the thumbnail.
>>
>>135158057
The fact that you consider kuromaru a good character let alone the best invalidates your opinion.
>>
File: raiten.png (209 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
raiten.png
209 KB, 300x400
>>135157533

I suppose that's just a difference of opinion. I had a really hard time sitting through the first 70 chapters of Negima. It just seemed like an endless parade of episodic harem pandering whereas Holder's early chapters seemed like a good mix of "growing up" friendship building built into the "powerup" system.

And yeah, I get the frustration about the endless training but that just appeals to some people more than others. It's why the people who play MMORPGS can't stand FPS's and vice versa.

Even when MSN turned into a " battle-manga with a plot" it still had a tough time with character development. Sure it paid attention to the girls....but that always felt like more of a chore than anything. Sayo was a good example of this. A whole 1-2 chapters exploring why there is a ghost girl, simply because Akamatsu at that time wanted a ghost girl. While I really like Sayo as a character the introduction chapters felt like they had to be there rather than anyone actually wanting them to be there.

>>135157616
Agreed. Solid contender for best girl...especially considering I'm not a huge fan of "grown up" Eva. I know Akamatsu-sensei did it to highlight the ways in which Eva-san has matured since Negima, I just really wish he would have found a way to incorporater it into her loli character. Much more charming.

Akamatsu-sensei's time-fuckery has matured like crazy as well. The school-fesitval time jumping arc had me scratching my head multiple times and not in a good way.

>>135157644
You should definitely read MSN. I did the same thing -reading UQ Holder first and then went and read MSN and I don't regret it. Just be prepared to ignore the last 30 chapters though.
>>
>>135157149
A lot of us are aware of that, but the releases say UQ Holder and everyone else calls it that so just get with the program.
>>
>>135156621
I agree with you 100% long winded OP, I think Touta's initial lack of goals was one of the strong points of this series. It makes him more human, and now that he's getting direction and purpose he's growing pleasantly as a character.

However Ken has said in interviews that he's going to kinda take themes and just run with them. Like for the return to Mahora arc with Santa he just felt like doing a zombie story. And this current Arc is throwback to Love Hina Harem arc.

I think he'll probably continue the pattern of one "fun" arc, then one related to the main story.
>>
Is there any chapter this week or is it on break?
>>
>>135158089
The damage control is strong in you. Answer my original question what makes Kirie a good character and a worthy woman?
>>
>>135157550
If Ken needs him to be a big boy he'll just bust out the age changing pills like he did in Negima. Be really cool to see that too because he'll probably shoot straight up to adult because he's already older than Negi was. Could definitely see him having an adult form that could match with Yukihime.
>>
File: 015.jpg (529 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
015.jpg
529 KB, 1066x1600
>>135158057
>down to earth yet mature
>but can also behave according to her appearance (meaning playful/childish) that prevents her from being strict and dull
>has the middle ground in between the fool and straight act in comedy interactions that allows her to be both depending on the situation
>has the most in-depth monologue that gives her a real sense of self and personality
>widest range of emotions
>the whole development in her recent chapters that allowed her and Touta to bond

Your turn. Tell me why she is bad.
>>
File: kiriekiss.png (183 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
kiriekiss.png
183 KB, 500x281
>>135157915

This just highlights the fact that Akamatsu-sensei took the harem concept and refined it. Dozens of characters being refined into just a couple really is pretty impressive.

I would call kirie a mix of mostly Chisame with some Anya and Yue thrown in and just a dash some other minor characters.

Personally I think Akamatsu-sensei has done a remarkable job of refining what was once a shonen-harem into something that is more than the sum of its parts.

Also the core group contains 4 boys (1 questionable) and 3 girls (one of whom borderline hates MC). I don't know if you could even call that a harem...? Is it a harem simply because other characters have feelings for MC?
>>
>>135158262
I don't care about kirie, I just think kuromaru is shit.
>>
>>135157247
I think it'll go somewhere, Ken is keeping it kind of SoL right now, but once it hits this next main arc for the Main Story we'll probably steam roll to something similar to the Magic World arc in Negima.
>>
>>135158281
Touta just looks older than he is
>>
>>135158057
>Kuroumaru
>Above Kirie and Mizore
>Even implying above Eva
Kuroumaru is boring as fuck. Even Karin is more interesting.
>>
>>135158337
Yes it's a harem if more than 2 girls have feelings for the MC. It's a love triangle with two love interests after that it's a harem.

Also Kirie is the spiritual successor of the Chisame for sure.
>>
>>135158377
Nah Touta is 14 and Negi was 10 at the start of Negima, that's a world of difference. The age changing pills made Negi 16 if IRC so that means Touta would be 20, big difference there.
>>
>>135156488
I preface this by saying I really loved Negima, pretty much all the way through, but UQ holder seems very haphazard and bland. There's nothing really new or different from Negima and it seems like Akamatsu just does what he pleases from chapter to chapter.
The progression you speak of is minor at best, and a complete afterthought in my opinion.

Oh right. And stop calling him Akamatsu-sensei. You sound like such a major faggot doing that.
>>
>>135158472
Touta is like 3 years old. Maybe 4 now.
>>
>>135158335
I've read all the way up to the current chapter, and there are other reasons why I don't care for Kirie other than the unmentionable but I will mention-ables such as her being tsundere (not the worst kind of tsundere but bland nonetheless), being a Loli, and being generally annoying in the non-action oriented bits (however I will admit she sure is hell useful in fighting, as most of the cast is ironically incompetent)

I don't like that Kirie's backstory is relatively irrelevant even though she's a MAIN girl character in the harem. We know she's got money because of her power but what else, what drives her, why is she really teamed up with Touta other than because she loves him? What was her childhood like, does she have one ect. There's a lot of little things that the other of the members of the cast have that she doesn't even though she's a main girl.

Another thing that bothers me, why exactly does she love Touta? Cause he's charming sometimes? Is that why, isn't that why everyone loves him? What makes her different? What are her goals?

There's way to many grey areas in her existence. To me she's just that girl that turns back time in fights and shit. She doesn't have a personality and what little personality she does have is just tsundereness for the sake of having a tsundere in the cast. That's it.
>>
File: kirietea.jpg (34 KB, 428x317) Image search: [Google]
kirietea.jpg
34 KB, 428x317
>>135158148

Kay...? Just pointed it out in one post 'cause apparently not everyone is aware of this and I like calling it by its full name. Is there a harm in it or are you just nitpicking because you think my posts are too long?

>>135158217
I said I was sorry for the damn long posts!

And if a "just for fun" arc produces one of the best characters in the entire series then that is only more cause for excitement. As someone else said, I have no doubt the story will "focus in" in the next few dozen chapters. >>135158335

When facing off against the girl clone, the look on Kirie's face and Santa's line "she looks like someone who has been up all night trying to defeat a boss in a videogame" (paraphrasing) was one of my favorite scenes in the whole series, MSN included and really cemented her as a favorite character. Time-stop just added to that.

Calling Kirie worst girl is just trolling as first of all there really isn't one (even Karin has her moments, borderline breaking the fourth-wall for example when she asks who Negi loved the most) and second of all because she has had some remarkable development. Yes, you are supposed to be annoyed with her at first. Akamatsu-sensei wrote it that way.
>>
>>135158423
It's not really that simple.

For a love triangle, all 3 persons need to interact with each other.

For a harem, MC needs to give comparable attention to all of them.
>>
It must suck to be Tota.
One day it's going to hit home the fact that he's a clone, with no real 'life'. There is no 'grandpa', no real 'granma', no real 'mom' or 'dad'.

Just some scientists who one day went all LES ENFANTES TERRIBLE on you to create a copy of Big Boss (Negi).

Oh, and you're actually 4 fucking years old, and you're an artificially aged clone- with implanted memories.

You're a copy, a fake, with fake memories, fake thoughts, fake feelings, all engineered. That fighting capability? Copied. That ability to adapt? Copy! That willpower and ability to move on? That too.

Even if you accept all this and embrace yourself? That too, is something that was bred in you.

Faker.

I dont know if I could handle that shit.
>>
>>135158598

I would agree with you except for that we are 106 chapters into what will probably be a 350+ chapter series. It's like reading 1/3 of a book and saying "I dont like this character we don't know enough about them".

This brings up another positive point of Holder. Just look at the level of depth that Akamatsu-sensei explored THIRTY ONE characters throughout 355 chapters on MSN. Now refine that down to...what? 6? 7? In UQ Holder. Yeah I think it's safe to say we have barely touched the tip of the iceberg in terms of development.
>>
>>135158530
Yea he just got another extra 4 months in the time freeze.

>>135158639
Just say UQ Holder, Eternity Holder sounds pretentious. And I agree I've got full faith in Ken, I was irked at first by this little Harem Arc, but I like the way it fleshed out the crew. Also now we have more cheerleader/behind the scenes characters for the tournament.

I think we'll start getting tournament stuff now, or a Karin x Touta arc which I think would be super solid.
>>
>>135158664
I was oversimplifying it, but I don't think the harem requires the MC's direct interest in all the girls to be a Harem. MSN was undoubtedly a harem, but Negi was interested in nearly none of them romantically at the beginning. And only one towards the end.

You got a bunch of people liking the MC all at once and trying to create romantic interest then that's a harem. What we have on our hands here in UQ holder is a very tiny harem, but a harem all the same.
>>
File: 10-KarakuriChachamaru.jpg (76 KB, 800x546) Image search: [Google]
10-KarakuriChachamaru.jpg
76 KB, 800x546
Also any theories about when/if other MSN characters will show up? I'm particularly interested in people's thoughts about when/if Asuna will enter the fray as well as Chachamaru since they have used her artifact satellite-cannon in the series and the artifact holder must be alive somewhere in order for that to be the case.

Also wtf happened to true bestgirl Chachazero????
>>
>>135158749
The memories aren't really fake anymore because of his amnesia and he built up a personality in the village with Yukihime. Yea his past sucks but I think he put himself in a good enough situation currently to get by.

His skills are definitely not his, but I think his emotions and his personality that he shows now are his own. I mean he's not anything like Negi personality wise. He could be the personality of Nagi though... I could see that.
>>
>>135158758
My point is still valid though. Ya'll shitting on the other girls in the series without at least looking between the lines a bit. It's annoying, especially with shitheads like
>>135158089 who can't even defend their opinion when somebody disagrees with it. If Kirie takes a 180 and becomes likable after this arc or two I will be more forgiving but for right now you guys are Misjudging "usefulness" as "worthiness" as a lover. I see ZERO potential in Kirie as a lover to Touta, only an ally. She has ZERO qualities that make her able to be a best grill.

The childhood friend that will love/follow Touta no matter what, sounds more compelling

The immortal vampire queen that has had her icy heart melted sounds more compelling

Hell Touta even said multiple times the he's not into little girls, and at this point I agree with him. She's a little girl, not a WOMAN, which every other female member of the cast is very capable of being.
>>
>>135158862
It doesn't require romantic interest, but it does require some interaction between MC and the girls.
>>
>>135158924
They have already shown chachamaru with ayaka so we know they are around but they have yet to interact with the cast.
>>
>>135158924
Chachazero getting left behind by Eva was kinda of necessary for the beginning of UQ holder but I really do hope she makes a return.

Also I can see Chachamaru making an appearance in the tournament. I think Asuna is asleep in this timeline we're in now. Would love to see grown up wolf bro though. Could see Jack appearing in the tournament also, too much hype for him not too.

Also expecting Zazie and the demons to playy a bit more of a role in UQ holder.
>>
Evangeline is a
VIRGIN
I
R
G
I
N
>>
>>135158598
She didn't like him at first and sure as hell doesn't love him yet. Do you pay attention to what you read at all? She initially was harsh to him and thought badly of his idiocy. Touta being Touta though is too cool and smooth for his own good earned her affection by being that a lovable idiot hero who isn't as incompetent as she thought he was. The stuck in a world where time is frozen allowed the two of them to get used to each other, mess around, and bond.

Kirie is a willful and spirited girl, she doesn't like being weak. And due to her dreadful past, she created a defensive mechanism that doesn't allow her to trust others. But after four months being stuck in lonely in a world where only she and Touta truly exists, she began to despair and became weak at the notion of Touta possibly leaving her side. She became vulnerable. It's in that period she shared a very intimate moment, and Touta being way too smooth for his own good managed to break her guard and to make it okay for her to act like a kid in front of him.

After things return to normal, she takes up her usual facade, but no doubt the time and close moment they shared together is lasting. She won't forget it and so she will grow soft over time. Her character develops in a way that is neither too fast or too slow, and the writing for her, while not great or even good, is above average. Nothing about her feelings and development feels awkward and there are no instance of out of character behavior since Kirie's personality is established well enough to give her traits for contrasts, but they don't break her established traits that would make her feel filmy. She's a couple of girls Ken has written before. Chisame and partly Naru comes to mind. But this time around, I think the third time is the charm and he got it down perfect.

>Blah blah I simply hate her because she's tsundere and loli
You could have made it simple and say that. Your taste a shit, by the way.
>>
>>135158931

Ara? What? Bro please see>>135158639
where I said there is literally no "worst girl" in this entire series. And yeah man, nobody actually thinks Kiries will wind up as Touta's lover any more than they thought Yue would wind up with Negi.

Touta also truly fell in love with Eva while interacting with her loli self in the timewarped castle so the "not liking little girls" is really just a line. Again, at first I would agree with you. It just kinda feels like we either haven't been reading the same series or you just read the first dozen or so chapters with Kirie and then stopped. Even I thought it was kind of interesting how Akamatsu-sensei seems to have changed his art-style when it comes to kirie in making her seem a few years older than he initially did (originally she definitely looked ten, by now chapter 106 she seems more like a simply physically undersized teenager).

I suppose it's just a difference of opinion but I really feel like Akamatsu-sensei has made it a point to grow kirie just as much if not more than anyone else (considering the little cunt she started as).

>>135158780
But it's technically the same thing though, right? I mean I will adhere to this but I would like for you to admit that it's technically the same thing.

And yes, a Karin arc would be awesome. Her power is one of my favs. The time Chao put a gun in her mouth and pulled the trigger was 100% horrorboner.
>>
>>135159013

In UQ Holder? Interesting I'll keep an eye out on my second readthrough.

>>135159038
Eh I mean I guess. This mostly highlights annoyance for me with the "maturity" difference between Eva of MSN and Yukihime of UQ. Chachazero was essentially a reflection of Eva's evilness in Negima and apparently that has been entirely left behind...? I just don't buy it, or at least am hoping for a better explanation at some point because the end of Negima definitely doesn't do the DRAMATIC character shift justice.

>>135159111
Well said. While of course Kirie is definitely Chisame/Chibi-Chisame reincarnated, I always got the feeling that she is what Akamatsu-sensei always secretly wanted of loli-eva but couldn't due to story reasons.

Also is there any consensus/proof on Kirie's actual age? Does her immortality feature affect her aging process?
>>
>>135159441
It's at the end of ch 96 when mizore and the loli setsuna/konoka lookalikes are introduced.
>>
>>135159441
We don't know what Kirie's real age is. She is mentally at least several hundreds of years old though. It's either Touta thinks she is younger than him by overlooking her mental age, or Ken is in fact hinting at her real age by having Touta say that. I doubt it's the latter since Touta's real age is speculated to be less than 5.
>>
>>135159111
Amusing.
Fair enough point kiddie lover. I'll give you this one. However I refuse to believe my taste a shit because I don't like dribbling little girls with a taiga complex.i think I'd rather have an edgy 2deep5u character than another lolishit for you perverts to wank over on a Indonesian claymation board.
>>
So like why did Aka-sama puss out and left the Negi owl unanswered. Yea he may not be able to procreate or whatever but he still has feelings and admitted to having a crush. Why cockbloc us.
>>
>>135159766
>Normalfag
You're on the wrong board. Try /v/ or reddit.
>>
>>135156488
Well this is weird, a thread for a haremshit manga where people are actually discussing why they like/dislike a character beyond a single sentence.

Seriously this is fucking weird.

>>135160226
I think he's deliberately withholding that information until whenever the man himself shows up in person. Story reasons for the pure surprise of it, but also because he wants to wait a decent time so people don't lynch him for whichever girl he picked to be the winner.

That said, I'm pretty sure he will be steadily decreasing the number of potential winners bit by bit as UQ Holder progresses. He's already gone through a few, though only the obvious ones.
>>
>>135160341
Im sure peeps have already done analysis on the possibilities. Who's the most likely to be i
>>
The worst part of UQ Holder so far is trying to inject harem shit in so heavy this far in. Over a month of straight harem hi-jinx with probably more to come before we find out what Ayaka and Chachamaru came to talk to Eva about.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.