[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The sky is blue.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: blue.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
1 MB, 1280x720
The sky is blue.
>>
>>135132518
The sky is blue, water is wet and my dick is diamonds.
>>
>>135132596
>Look at your dick.
>Now back to me.
>Back to your dick.
>Your dick is now diamonds.
>>
>>135132518
That show was fun and pleasant to watch, even when it was a disguised Sphere infomercial.
>>
File: why .jpg (56 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
why .jpg
56 KB, 848x480
>>
File: 5262102954_2ae608e5c6_b[1].jpg (95 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
5262102954_2ae608e5c6_b[1].jpg
95 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>135133750
fun fact: 80% of american students do not know why seasons change
>>
File: 1437136992630.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437136992630.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>135133750
>>
>>135133215
I still think they should have made an animated Sphere Club instead of whatever this turned out to be.
>>
>>135133889
I know this one, seasons change because 1 cour is 12 episodes, one episode a week, so that's 3 months. And if a show ends you need other shows to fill the air time.
>>
>>135133889
That's unfortunate. I would guess that [too much available information] causes this generation to read up/look up about a whole variety of topics except changing seasons.
>>
>>135134168
seriously though, who gives a shit why the seasons change, knowing will benefit you in no way what so ever, you can just add it to your pile of "useless probably inaccurate facts"
>>
>>135134422
It helps you predict certain phenomena without being told about them, such as the seasons being reversed in the South.
>>
>>135134567

Who cares about the south?
We might as well just nuke it, there's nothing important there
>>
>>135134625
Other than the rain forest which is the only reason why we have enough air to breathe?
>>
>>135134674
The Ocean produces 98% of our air, not forests
>>
>>135134567
yea because that happens, I just sit around watching anime on a lazy sunday afternoon and the UN council shows up at my door asking about my opinions on astronomy, professionals can take care of that so everyone else can just not give a shit, just like anything else, I'm pretty sure 90% of people don't know how bonds between atoms work or what's the function of ATP in a living cell, and that's cool because people studying biochemistry and shit like me will take care of that, that's how society works, arbitrarily deciding which useless bits of infromation you must know is just dumbass shit
>>
>>135134709
>yea because that happens,
You mean you never travel abroad?
>>
>>135132596
What's more likely, water being diamonds or your dick getting wet?
>>
File: master of philosophy.png (861 KB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
master of philosophy.png
861 KB, 960x1080
>>135132518
>>
>>135134732
I can just fucking google what the temperature is there, why the fuck would I need to know anything else
>>
>>135134778
>Oh, that's pretty warm. I guess I should fly in winter instead.
6 months later.
>HOLY SHIT, IT'S EVEN HOTTER NOW.
>>
>>135134911
>wants to go somewhere warm during winter
>arrive and it's warm
>HAHA GET GOOFD YOU STUPID IDIOT
yeah, good argument
>>
>>135134998
There is a difference between "warm" and "can't leave the house because it's too hot".
>>
>>135135016
mhm, not that I ever really leave my country, so yeah don't really give a shit either way, and if it was really fucking important to spend a prolonged time on the other side of the planet then I'd look up what I should pay attention to, but as of now and for the past 25 years it was never a life or death question for me why the seasons change
>>
>>135135111
>it was never a life or death question
Do you only want things if your life depends on it?
Do you refuse to wear clothing because you're not going to die naked in 30°F?
It's not about life and death.
Sometimes are about practicality and comfort. Taking a coat with you when you're unsure whether it's going to rain is sensible. You don't want to get wet. Even though you're not sure it will rain, you've packed the thing, just in case.
It's the same with information, except that information doesn't weigh anything. You can pack as much as you want, on the off-chance of it coming in handy once in 30 years, and it's not a waste.
>>
The raylegh scattering actually means the sky is violet but we can see more waves of blue than violet which is why we see it as blue instead of violet
>>
>>135135306
that's still not the point, do you know how a computer works? or how plastic is made? probably not nor do 90% of people, and does it matter? nope, it's enough if you're just told what to do with them, people don't need to know everything, and they naturally don't do either, having some superficial knowledge about random things in the world doesn't make you smart either, just a pretentious faggot
>>
>>135135504
>and does it matter?
>don't need to know everything,
No, you're missing the point. The question isn't "What do you need?".
The question is "What could come in handy?".
>>
File: icikuY.jpg (52 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
icikuY.jpg
52 KB, 604x483
>>135134755
People was still alive before die.
>>
>>135135572
what comes in handy is having my smart phone with google on it that tells me what to do in one sentence, I don't need to fucking know how the planet revolves around the sun, if I'm told to bring suntan cream if I go to new zealand then I'll pack suntan cream, sperging about what I MUST KNOW past that is just autism
>>
>>135135660
>I MUST KNOW
You keep repeating this in various forms.
Are you so anti-knowledge?
>>
>>135135703
and you're constantly trying to derail the argument with stupid shit like that, I care about subjects I study(chemistry and biology) and don't really give a shit about other stuff because people who are experts of those will tell me what to do, sperging about "hurrrhurrr you need to know about astronomy and the earth's rotation" is just autism, I could sperg about the same thing too, do you know what antioxidants are? it's in the media all the time but I doubt that people who don't know much about biochemistry have any clue what it means, it would be handy if you know what they are and what they do when you're going to buy food, that you actually put in your mouth but should people know it? not really, most people don't even know what oxidation is let alone how a cell works and how certain molecules interact inside of them, it's enough if you know that antioxidants are good for you, eat them and that's that
>>
>>135136021
>and you're constantly trying to derail the argument with stupid shit like that,
No, I'm not.
You are confusing something very big here.
I never claimed that you "MUST KNOW" anything. You are the only one who employs such language. I used words like "useful" and "handy".
Nobody is disagreeing that you don't NEED to know everything. But if you think that it's completely pointless based on the fact that it's not vital then you are retarded. This black-and-white thinking is fucking ridiculous.
Calm down man. Nobody is saying you are a defective human just because you can't accurately explain Rayleigh scattering.
>>
>>135136176
> But if you think that it's completely pointless based on the fact that it's not vital then you are retarded.
mmm no it is absolutely useless for me and you if you don't aspire to be a enviromentalist expert, otherwise you're just a pretentious faggot because you think it makes anyone smart to know random snippets of shallow knowledge
>>
>>135136273
>mmm no it is absolutely useless for me
I gave you an example of how it could be useful and you just brushed it off with "not that I ever really leave my country". Understanding can come in handy.
>>
>>135136361
that was a super shit far fetched example that could be solved by a google search, and doesn't require me knowing the earths course around the sun and shit, and I gave you an example of how you don't need to know what antioxidants are and what they do to go to a story and buy some carrots because you're told they're healthy, because even if you knew it would be useless knowledge since it won't ever matter to you
>>
>>135136485
*store
>>
This argument is fucking embarrassing
>>
>>135136485
Not the other guy, but while you have a point, you still sound like a fucking idiot who's proud of his ignorance. Learn to fucking type before you do anything else.
>>
>>135136485
>that could be solved by a google search,
Only if you remember to check for yearly weather. If you check for current weather it won't help you.

>>135136485
>I gave you an example of how you don't need to know what antioxidants are and what they do to go to a story and buy some carrots because you're told they're healthy,
I don't think they put antioxidants on carrots.
Also,
>you don't need to
You're back to that again. Seriously, this is all you are doing. Moving the goalposts, basically. But it's understandable. You cannot do what you need to do to win this argument, which would be proving that knowing about antioxidants can never come in handy ever.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.