[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Koe no Katachi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1386940276892.png (306 KB, 544x504) Image search: [Google]
1386940276892.png
306 KB, 544x504
So I just finished this series a while ago, and I say it was a good read. The ending was okay, but I felt it was too happy. Ah well.

Also, Left, right, or middle?
>>
The ending was fantastic, the problem is that people, especially americans tend to view all human interaction through the prism of therapy and conflict resolution. Something this realistic and genuinely human is unintelligible to them.

Her suicide attempt and it's consequences upped the stakes for everyone. Their feelings and conflicts just didn't matter anymore, everyone had to get over their bullshit. And they did. That's what growing up is really about. The end.
>>
>>135126739
wow, I wish I was this good at english to make my point as clear. thank you. Kissfags BTFO
>>
Right. Right all day.

Then rape left and leave her to die bleeding in a ditch.
>>
>>135127455
[spoilers]Middle belongs to Ishida, so I'm not touching her out of respect.[/spoiler]
>>
>>135124928
rip grandma was too sad for the rest of the story, an hero attempt included. I couldn't imagine it actually ending that way.
still it was good at getting the message across that people can change, but only with insane effort and help. Better than the typical white knight special snowflake shit that happens around disabled girls in anime.
left
>>
>>135126739
>Something this realistic

>Nishimiya was, all the time, a perfect girl. Kind to everyone, forgive easily those who most hurt her.

>Ueno was a devil all the time, so in the end become a friendlier girl.

>Ueno did not allow anyone to visit the MC at the hospital.

>Everyone was happy in the end.

>Nishimiya met again his evil bully and already fell for him.

>Film critic massacred kids in front of hundreds of people.

>The MC ran out of the hospital without being noticed and found Nishimiya soon after.

Realistic? Are you kidding me? And to use a suicide attempt to change the characters is one of the cheapest writing resources.
>>
>>135127544
>nishimiya was always broken, thinking it was always her fault
>Ueno was a bitch, no news, and still a bitch until the end
>kids are selfish and self entitled
>Maybe beacuse time passed and is a fucking school reunion? you want them to be there just to bitch and cry?
>This took time idiot, are you the kind of guy who would remember everything that happened to you as a kid?
>this indeed was retarded, I give you that
>For the sake of drama, if you want complete realism go find it yourself

Normalfag the post.
>>
If you ain't right, you ain't right.
>>
>>135127544
Suicide might be cheap plot-wise, but its a pretty realistic reaction to years of bullying and social isolation. Even if shit turns around, some people feel like they don't deserve even that and spiral into suicidal thoughts.
Ueno is a fucking enigma, but still, a realistic depiction of crazy bitches. I don't think she ever does the full heel turn into nice girl that you described.
The plot has its holes though and I fucking hated the naive pseudo-wedding open-ended ending. They needed a bigger time skip so the reader knows Nishimiya's life improved.
>>
>>135127655
>nishimiya was always broken, thinking it was always her fault
there is a difference between being insecure and being a disney princess.
>Ueno was a bitch, no news, and still a bitch until the end
no, in the end she was much more friendly and peaceful.
>kids are selfish and self entitled
she blocked the door of a private hospital and the adults and doctors did nothing to stop it.
>Maybe beacuse time passed and is a fucking school reunion? you want them to be there just to bitch and cry?
of course I want them to be happy, but use time skip to solve complicated conflicts denotes bad writing.
>This took time idiot, are you the kind of guy who would remember everything that happened to you as a kid?
if my childhood was traumatic and if the person was one of the responsible for that, of course I would remember. and certainly I would take a more time to even become friends of that person. in less than twenty chapters she was already confessing to him.
>For the sake of drama, if you want complete realism go find it yourself
you are the one who was defending realism.

loo, there is a thing called subtlety. too bad the author of this manga does not know. I mean, it's not a bad manga, but it is far from a realistic portrayal of bullying. in real life things are not solved magically for the sake of drama.
>>
>>135127798
>Suicide might be cheap plot-wise, but its a pretty realistic reaction to years of bullying and social isolation.
the problem is not the fact that she had attempted suicide. this is totally acceptable. the problem is things begin to solve easily after that.

like, yes, ueno does not become a nice girl, but she starts to be friends with them despite being a bitch. why? and the others agree. why? all the time she was a crazy bitch just because and now people just accept it? rather than trying to answer these questions, the author just ignore them. that's why I say it's not realistic.
>>
>>135128642
I'll concede that to you.
"Ueno... had a hard life...." is pretty much the only thing that can explain it
>>
>>135124928
Tall was looks like such a good creampie pet.
>>
KnK is alright, but the biggest problem is how the point of the series seems to be that everyone has flaws and can be a bad person at times, but then they make the female lead completely without any flaws. Deafgirl is always nice, she never gets mad, she's never selfish or commits any mistakes what-so-ever. She's a shit character, is what I'm saying, and she doesn't fit the manga at all.
>>
>>135129006
Tall girl was definitely the best of the bunch. All she wanted to do was be fashionable and get along with everyone.
Also she was definitely trying to play cupid with Nishimiya and MC
>>
>>135129209
She was depressed and suicidal, and the nice "turn the other cheek" girl was an act because she thought she deserved all the bullying since she believes her and her disability makes life miserable for the people in her life.
>>
>>135129316
Being depressed and suicidal aren't unlikable traits for most people. It just serves to make her more sympathetic. The same goes for her acting the way she does because she thinks she deserves all the bullying. She never does anything that the reader is meant to find repulsive.
>>
File: 1415807743795.jpg (374 KB, 800x1153) Image search: [Google]
1415807743795.jpg
374 KB, 800x1153
Kawai is kawaii.
>>
>>135129345
>Being depressed and suicidal aren't unlikable traits for most people

Are you serious
>>
>>135129369
I don't personally like depressed bitches, but the average person is meant to find it sympathetic, and that's what the author intended.
>>
>>135129423
No the author intended to make her endearing with the nice girl act then turn it upside down on the reader when you find out she really wants to kill herself and has all along.

Her being suicidal is not a virtue
>>
>>135129479
Well, agree to disagree. Most people I know who read it thought she had no negative traits, but I guess some people can see it differently.
>>
>>135129536
I think most people would agree bottling up all your emotions behind a veneer of niceness until you are literally leaping out of a building to your death is a character flaw.

Although if by most people you mean people who just want to talk about how cute she was then I guess you aren't wrong.
>>
>>135129895
I agree that it's a character flaw, but again, it's something that harms herself, not others. Ueno's character flaws make people hate her, but deaf-girls character flaws make people sympathize with her.
>>
File: Ueno is love.png (158 KB, 422x338) Image search: [Google]
Ueno is love.png
158 KB, 422x338
>>135124928
Left obviously
>>
>>135129953
Are you really one of those people who believe suicide hurts nobody but yourself
>>
>there is a difference between being insecure and being a disney princess.
You are better off reading mangas with gloomy and edgy characters if u cant accept her being just nice, even if she was just faking it.

>no, in the end she was much more friendly and peaceful.
Friendly, holy shit you still with this? She was a cunt from start to end. You do realise shouko was in tokyo the whole timeskip and didnt really become friends with ueno? and Ueno was friends with Sahara since middle school, nothing fucking changed in her besides accepting having shouko around without acting like a crazy bitch.

>she blocked the door of a private hospital and the adults and doctors did nothing to stop it.
She blocked the other "friends" from entering not doctors or adults, you are so fucking dense Im getting tired. Even when they told Ishimom she didnt do anything cuz she was angry at shouko and worried about ishida to even give a fuck about that.

>of course I want them to be happy, but use time skip to solve complicated conflicts denotes bad writing.
Again, Shouko, ueno and sahara were in fucking tokyo the whole time. Most issues are still there and you cant expect all to be fixed. You are just assuming everyone is fine with another just because they are reunited in a special occassion.

>if my childhood was traumatic and if the person was one of the responsible for that, of course I would remember. and certainly I would take a more time to even become friends of that person. in less than twenty chapters she was already confessing to him.
you are so awesome anon, you can control who you fall in love with. There are no people who fall in love with their abuser at all.

>you are the one who was defending realism.
Im defending the manga being realistic enough to be better than most drama mangas. You are just being a picky bitch right here. Why not use a real expample like Yuzu being too mature for her age?
>>
>>135130027
Meant to quote >>135128219
>>
File: shaharaland.jpg (354 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
shaharaland.jpg
354 KB, 1500x1500
Sahara a best.
>>
Imouto is literally the only reason to read this shit/be hyped for adaptation.
Nishimiya has a personality of a wood plank, was I supposed to like her or something?
I don't understand people who demonize Ueno. She's literally the only non-hypocrite there
>>
>>135130027
>You are better off reading mangas with gloomy and edgy characters if u cant accept her being just nice, even if she was just faking it.
mc had both positive and negative qualities. he shows hatred and anger towards many people and was egotistical several times as well. and he is not edgy. she, on the other hand, was not only nice, she was a perfect model all the time.

>nothing fucking changed in her besides accepting having shouko around without acting like a crazy bitch.
yeah, and why?
as I said to the other anon, yes, she did not become a nice girl, but she certainly was not isolated and violent as before. she beat and insulted everybody and in the end, everyone acted as if it was something trivial.

>She blocked the other "friends" from entering not doctors or adults
i don't know how it works in your country, but in mine, the only people who can tell who visit or not a patient are doctors and family. and ueno is not family. that hospital from koe no katachi is very convenient, everyone does what they want.

>You are just assuming everyone is fine with another just because they are reunited in a special occassion.
they were together making a movie. they were together at the festival. they were together at the end. they became a group. say that things remain the same is a lie. everything was a total chaos before the mc be hospitalized.

>There are no people who fall in love with their abuser at all.
there are two ways: stockholm syndrome or through forgiveness. the problem is that she forgave him too quickly and soon after was already in love. like I said before, she is not only nice, she is perfect.

>Im defending the manga being realistic enough to be better than most drama mangas.
no. you came with a pretentious comment about how the development of the story was too realistic for others to understand. as I said before, the manga is not a garbage, but neither is realistic.
>>
File: 1406311367902.jpg (216 KB, 900x1313) Image search: [Google]
1406311367902.jpg
216 KB, 900x1313
>Ueno won the Sahara

I hated everything about the latter half except that
>>
>>135124928
Middle. Right is fine too, though.
>>
>>135124928
They were all nice, but i really like Left for some reason.
>>
>>135127544
>Nishimiya was, all the time, a perfect girl. Kind to everyone, forgive easily those who most hurt her.
Perfect? She was just a deaf bully victim. It's not like she could afford to be a bitch.
>Ueno was a devil all the time, so in the end become a friendlier girl.
Ueno was just the way she was. I don't think he was evil. She did fuck up but because she didn't know better. I've known people like her, and they are not evil, just stupidly hotheaded.
>Ueno did not allow anyone to visit the MC at the hospital.
She didn't let classmates in. Of course she let his family in.
>Everyone was happy in the end.
That's debatable. but the MCs, yeah, kind of.
>Nishimiya met again his evil bully and already fell for him.
She fell for him when they were kids. Misunderstandings led her to believe Shouya sometimes protected her from the bullies. She didn't get what the fuck was happening most of the time.
>Film critic massacred kids in front of hundreds of people.
Huh, yeah, that's totally unrealistic, far worse shit that that has never happened at all in Japan http://wakarimasenlol.com/2012/09/04/the-kokoro-connect-bullying-incident/
>The MC ran out of the hospital without being noticed and found Nishimiya soon after.
That's some "hurr they're connected" bullshit (like the stuff surrounding the suicide), but I don't think it makes anything about the character relations and development any less realistic. When we call it realistic it's not about everything happening being the same fucking stuff you see everyday on your neighborhood, it's about the characters being believeable and not just walking stereotypes.
>>
Nishimiya is just like Hinata from Naruto.
>>
>>135124928
I honestly read this the other night, just wish she could've confessed to him right and got a kiss, but otherwise I loved it
>>
>>135124928
The ending was bullshit.

Left.
>>
>>135124928
She was a bitch but kind of cute, left.
>>
>>135124928
None, I choose imouto.
>>
>>135135630
Best Nishimiya.
>>
File: 0348181325.gif (658 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
0348181325.gif
658 KB, 280x212
*illiterate ramblings, do not read*
Now I'm not gonna write out a paragraph but..
After seeing a thread yesterday where the OP said something about the ending leaving you unsatisfied, I decided to check it out at around 11 PM EST yesterday. Mere minutes ago I finished the series and I must say it was splendid. Of course I was taking breaks in between readings and I was thinking to myself how I would advance the story further from for example, how Ishida would wake up, and to my surprised, the author covered everything in Ishidas words 'too perfect' and I do not mean this as a negative, it really was excellent. Too tired to go into all the details, but I'll just say most relationships and there fore interactions between characters were well defined and developed in a natural way which in turn showed growth and made me very happy to read. Going back to the first part about the OP saying the ending was unsatisfying, I would have to strongly disagree. Unless he was looking for some out of place tragic ending to satisfy his sadistic boner, I don't see how much more perfect this ending could have been handled?
I don't think this was a detriment to the story, but I would have liked to hear more of Shoukos inner monologue, her thoughts and feelings, but I fully understand the authors choice to make them so sparse.
I will definitely recommend this to my friends and i look forward to seeing what this young author can accomplish.

thanks to OP from yesterday for piquing my interest, I owe you one buddy.
>>
>>135137220
>friends
>>
>>135137435
You're my friend
>>
>>135137220
>Unless he was looking for some out of place tragic ending to satisfy his sadistic boner, I don't see how much more perfect this ending could have been handled?
Disagree with the end does not mean that we wanted it to be tragic, but less idealistic and magical than it was. The author made it all turned hell and then wanted everything to become comfy.

Also, the excessive purity of Nishimiya is kinda annoying.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.