[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
What were your thoughts on this series /a/?

Haruka's mystery was what hooked me on it but its slow development annoyed me.
Seems that more than a stand-alone, S1 was only setting the stage for S2 with many questions (the shady plans of techno-school, the mystery behind Ayato's binders and the whereabout of Ayato's sister).
Will you be watching S2 next spring?
>>
Also, can any LN reader spoil me on what happened to Haruka, is she still alive?
>>
It's already confirmed this getting a second season? Anyway the last episode was the usual "buy the LNs to see what happens" with like half a dozen new characters.
>>
Snail's pace
Character interaction is forgettable since Ayato is as interesting as a wet rag
Fights that weren't between characters were boring as shit, so only Kirin vs Ayato was pretty alright, but even then, it was a fight between friends and not a duel to the death.
The combination of slow pacing, boring fights, and somewhat boring characters made it a slog.

Saya in particular, she didn't do shit but be there to be cute. You could remove her and nothing significant would change, not even Kirin's partner thing is important at this point because they get sidelined too. Hilariously enough, Kirin gets the main girl seat for like 3 episodes so that made Julis pretty forgettable too.

And yes, Haruka is alive. I will be watching but mostly just to complain again and see if the purple haired girl is any good as some LNFags claim.
>>
>>135083707
Iirc it was revealed in september it was going to be a split cour.
>>
>>135083761
Hm, maybe I'll watch it maybe not. The first season wasn't really good or memorable.
>>
Kirin > Priscilla > Julis > Claudia > Irene > Saya > RM-C > Poop > Ernesta
>>
File: 1445200827185.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445200827185.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>135083914
I don't get Julis.
An anon constantly gushes over her but I just don't see it. She's half-decent but nothing special.
>>
pretty terrible tbqh
then again, I dropped it at ep 3.
>>
File: Gakusen_v04_00002.jpg (1 MB, 2893x2048) Image search: [Google]
Gakusen_v04_00002.jpg
1 MB, 2893x2048
>>135083524
7/10. It wasn't amazing but it's not bad either.

A-1 hasn't fucked up yet in terms of adaptation, the first cour was quite faithful to the volumes that it adapted. That said, I'm looking forward to the continuation of the Festa. The best fight has yet to come.
>>
>>135083738
I agree with you.
This had potential but wasted it on harem jokes and fanservice, instead of developing characters, story or battles.

Also, seeing as Claudia was sidelined so hard made me sad.
>>
>>135083966
>A-1 hasn't fucked up yet in terms of adaptation, the first cour was quite faithful to the volumes that it adapted.
If this is how the novels went, I'd sure as hell would not want to read this.
>>
It was okay. Nothing remarkable aside from the ED.

Unfortunately, that entire fucking season was all buildup for the second cour. The show is too forgettable to even remember the shit they setup for the next season so I'm probably just going to watch it again for the cute girls.
>>
>>135083966
You LN reader?
Care to spoil what happened to Haruka?
>>
File: 1450578642485.png (571 KB, 865x612) Image search: [Google]
1450578642485.png
571 KB, 865x612
>>135083524
It was decent and generic battle harem done entertaining and fun.

>>135083914
Elder God tier: Julis, Ernesta
God Tier: Saya, Kirin, Rimsi
High Tier: Irene
Mod Tier: Claudia
>>
File: Claudialicious.jpg (407 KB, 1920x2480) Image search: [Google]
Claudialicious.jpg
407 KB, 1920x2480
>>135083958
I didn't disliked her.
I like her voice and was relieved that even being a tsundere charaacter she behaved pretty mature, calm, supportive of Ayato and didn't spend the series throwing punches at him every five minutes due to "misunderstandings".
That said, Claudia is the best and deserves the Ayadick.
>>
>>135083989
Well, it obviously isn't a 100% exact adaptation. But it is faithful. I consider the LN to be better since narrative allows you to get a better understanding and feel to the characters, plus the expositions and details don't carry over that makes the setting more interesting.

>>135084072
She's alive but also almost dead. She kept herself alive in statis using her own powers to bind creation on herself. She did an illegal competition that you saw in episode 1 and got beaten. We still don't know why she left and what she was doing, but that's what Ayato is trying to find out in his search for her (which he does find).
>>
Dropped at episode three. Boring harem.
>>
Not enough Saya. Not enough Claudia. The last four episodes bored me to tears with only the vampires to keep me going.
>>
>>135084186
Barely anything happened with the main girls that I can't even come to a decision who I like more.

Which is why I'm defaulting to the side girls.

>>135084189
I understand that much but you'd think with the slow-ass pace they have, they could have fleshed some more of the subtle things out.
>>
>>135083524
It didn't do anything amazing or different but I enjoyed it. Will definitely watch the second cour.
>>
>>135083958
Not him, but she's a good princess and tsundere. Cute as hell but she carries herself with dignity and has charisma. She avoids a pitiful that many like her type suffers from and that is she doesn't have that artificial in her characterization when she shows her cute and strong sides. Her transitions feels natural. She's developed, probably the most developed too and have fierce passion for why she fights and move forward.

I think it's easier to see why she should be liked more. Honestly, I personally find it a bit puzzling why girls with less development and weaker personality like Kirin is favorite. Kirin isn't bad, but she's pales to Julis in several areas.
>>
>>135084189
Well I just hope they speed up the pace in S2.
S1 was so slow, with chats between the seitokaichous and rantings of techno-school bitches. Understandable though, seeing as it was only paving the road for S2.
>>
>>135084249
Oh and I guess I'll try to trudge through shit in the second half in hopes that the girls I like get more screentime.
>>
>>135084352
>Not him
You sound exactly like him though. Her introduction didn't really help my impression but I do agree with the portion that she does calm down. I honestly didn't feel it was "all natural" when we never got to see how she was to others before meeting Ayato.

I assume to read the LN's to be so confident in defending her.
>>
I just want the VN game translated
>>
>>135084189
>her own powers to bind creation on herself.

Ok I'm not getting what the fuck this means, hope S2 sheds some light on the sister's story.
But thanks /a/non, at least now I know she's not dead.
>>
>>135084417
Pretty much this.
>>
I liked it for the girls at first but it got meh pretty quick once the introductions were out of the way.
>>
>>135084413
Sorry what? What do you base your inference on? The other guy you replied only gave a ranking. Besides, if I were him, I would have put Julis at the top.

>never got to see how she was to others before meeting Ayato.
How other students have perceive her have truths to their perspective. How she exploded at Lester when she told her to take to not mess around is one side to her that is consistent. You've seen it. She's not full of herself though and is reasonable, so she behaves herself and act according to the situation. She has many facet to her personality and they all come out naturally.
>>
File: 1412318080498.jpg (228 KB, 620x406) Image search: [Google]
1412318080498.jpg
228 KB, 620x406
Being an animeonlyfag on all three fronts this season:

>Julis
Gets shafted pretty hard in terms of relevance after the first 4 episodes. Then she gets sidelined in favor of Kirin's arc and then the final arc revolves around the two read heads and the fatman. I felt like she barely had any significant time on the screen to do anything important other than act cute.
>Stella
She gets sidelined in a literal sense and becomes a background character commentating for fights after Episode 1 while having a decent scene in the episode against the guy with a bow but ironically after getting in a relationship with MC, she becomes sidelined too.
>Ouka
Even with the LNfags in the threads complaining about how rushed it is, I felt that she at least stayed relevant within the other character "Arcs" if you can call them that and at least showed in the last few episodes at how much she outright changed from a vengeful bitch to a decent team player.
>>
>>135084592
>The other guy you replied only gave a ranking
I was referring to another Julis-anon who seems to adore her in similar vein to you.
>She has many facet to her personality and they all come out naturally.
Maybe it's because of the anime being so slow that I didn't even pick on these but she seemed tame and that was pretty much all I got from her.
>>
>>135084252
>>135084370
Volume 1-3 are more like introductory. Things kick off starting at volume 4 and doesn't stop until volume 6, which is the volume Ayato finds his sister. S2 should end at volume 6 if it sticks to 4 episodes :1 volume ratio.

>>135084440
Haruka's powers is hax. She can bind the living, inanimate, even concepts. She supposedly suffered a fatal blow that should have killed her, but she used her powers on herself to stave off death. She kept herself in stasis for 5 years (iirc).
>>
>>135084723
Oh. I don't know that, or who to be precise. Anyways, I thought you took me for the guy you replied to.
>>
>>135084738
How did she lose that easily then?
>>
>>135084787
That just goes to show the "thing" she fought is crazy strong. You know how Ernesta is trying create autonomous dolls that aren't different from humans? And those dolls of hers are overpowered as hell? Well, she isn't the only one. Imagine, she's a genius at her Academy, but out there in the real world are even more scarier minds backed by powerful shady organizations.
>>
>>135084857
The anime did a terribly underwhelming job at showing her lose then
>>
>>135084879
I don't think I recall that in the LN, so it's probably anime original. But that fight isn't a action scene to be awed at. but was suspenseful foreshadowing pipque watcher's curiosity. We might see her fights in S2 if the staff thinks it's necessary for greater insight.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.