[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was the hypest shit I've seen is some time, where and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
This was the hypest shit I've seen is some time, where and when does it go so wrong people actually began hating this?
>>
Somewhere between episode 1 and 26
>>
>>135056715
When the movie turned out to be 5 mins of superb footage and then 2 hours of recap
>>
>>135056715
I love the sound track but I hardly remember much except for the grand entrance. The fights weren't that great.
>>
>>135056715
You're obliged to hate things on 4chan, it's why you're here.
>>
>>135056715

>Tau Missile
>>
When the plot is more or less fight of the week, and they re-use the same exact animations for GINGA BISHOUNEN TABAURN every week
>>
File: 1422776141636.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1422776141636.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>135057435
>The fights weren't that great.
Really faggot?
>>
>>135056715
When you watch an anime such as this together with /a/ while it airs, you just ignore the flaws and other bad things it has as you're only focussing on future plot details (if its an original anime) and other positive things.

It is when it ends and the years pass that you realise it was actually mediocre at best.

Still, I had a blast watching it live with /a/, the final episode reached like 1000~ posts, which, in 2011 was a big deal. I remember when TheFluff would stream it as it was airing aswell, it was awesome.
>>
Episode 16.
Everything afterwards was garbage, including the BONES ending.
>>
File: 1423350175548.gif (938 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1423350175548.gif
938 KB, 500x280
I remember liking the twins that weren't really twins but just a manifestation of the maiden's power that later somehow became real. Also I bet all you fags forgot about indirect glass kissing.
>>
>>135057561
I knew it was mediocre as fuck.
But god, the threads were fun, it's so silly and over the top and everyone was on the hype train, you just get carried by the atmosphere.

Shit, I still remember the last episode when everyone exploded as Takuto broke the last seal.
>>
>>135057895
>that moment in episode 24 when Keito's seal is broken and Samekh emerges from the floor

the hypest shit
>>
>>135057895
>mediocre as fuck
>when the soundtrack was 8/10
>when the animation and visuals were 9/10
>when the story and characters are at their worst 5/10

and that all adds up to a mediocre series? Get your brain checked, please
>>
>>135057986
The most memorable moment for me would always be "KISAMA! GINGA BISHOUNEN KAAAAAAA!"

It was when everybody had no idea what to expect and had their galaxies shine.
>>
>>135058030
It could've been better, honestly.
>>
>>135058030
There was nothing memorable about it.
>>
>>135058168
do you understand what an average is?
>>
>>135058197
memorable /=/ good

On that note, Star Driver had so many one liners and catchphrases, it was memorable, but again, not great.
>>
>>135056715
Star Driver is one of my favorite shows. It's like Sailor Moon had sex with Evangelion.

Not particularly Good, but definitely fun as hell.
>>
>>135058349

It was more Sailor Moon and Ouran for me, but I still loved every minute of it.
>>
>>135058030
Rate the story and characters separately, then you get your average.

6/10 show if both story and characters are 5/10. I'd say that's pretty mediocre.
>>
Captain Earth was better.
>>
>>135058030
Depends on what you define as medicore. 73 is pretty much a C, that's below average actually.
>>
>>135058485
What a pile of shit that was
>>
>>135058444
The plot itself is pretty reminiscent of Eva even if the characters weren't really.

Boy in robot fights off harbingers of the apocalypse. They ended differently is all.
>>
>>135058861
Are you actually saying that Eva started the "boy fights off apocalypse" story?
>>
>>135058967
Eva is the first anime ever made, obviously.
>>
>>135058967
EVA is the origin of everything, didn't you know? No one in this damned place knows what they're talking about, they're just repeating shit they heard elsewhere.
>>
File: GINGA BISHOUNEN!.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GINGA BISHOUNEN!.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>HYPE THRUSTERS ENGAGED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRjr2EXPoM
>>
>>135058967
Of course not.

But, they both have underground organizations using alien robot things to bring about the next step of human evolution. They even use a lot of the same language.
>>
File: KIRABOSHI.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KIRABOSHI.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
KIRABOSHI
>>
I think I dropped this shit on the first 3 episodes but I do remember

>Apprivoise
>Dazzling the Stage
>Ginga Bishounen
>Tauburn

hypest shit I saw at the time
>>
I'm with you OP.
It had a certain aesthetic and a whimsical tone to it which I found kind of refreshing.
The over the top symbolism and the "story withing a story within a story" aspect certainly made it memorable in my opinion.

I think it's only real fault was that the plot was a bit nonsensical and the gross re-use of animation began to annoy me after awhile (But then again, I marathoned it).

Overall a good watch.
>>
Trash plot. Pretty much everything else was top notch though.
>>
the very fact it had well thought out colour palette makes it memorable, very reminiscent of Penguindrum, though it came of before
>>
>>135057541
One of the problems people had with the fights was the lack of tension. Not because the animation wasn't usually fantastic, but because prettyboy can't lose. If he did the series would end due to the rules of the show, so things always look nice but lack any sense of urgency. Even when he's losing he'll asspull his way to victory like with the school nurse.

That and the stock footage entrance is superb it overshadows everything else. Most of the fights are kinda floaty, but the entrance has a lot of flash, impact and weight.

>>135058551
On a bell curve, 74 is above average by a decent amount.

Personally like it due to its flair and animation, but the story needed some help to be taken seriously, but if you look at it like a B movie, it's entertainingly bad.

>>135059273
>Hype thruster
>Innocent Blue
Probably the worst insert (even if it's still fantastic).
Monochrome insert > Komorebi no Contact insert > Aki Iro no Kaze insert >= Innocent Blue insert
>>
File: take me roughly - the costume.jpg (507 KB, 2030x2500) Image search: [Google]
take me roughly - the costume.jpg
507 KB, 2030x2500
>>135056715
I still love the series though it has its flaws. If I had to pick out two, I'd say the "repetition" artistic device wasn't used quite as smartly or iconic as Utena did, leaving the series open to shitposting about stock footage. Also the middle arc about the lesbians was out of place for a 2 cours runtime. It was probably supposed to be something like the black coffin arc from Utena, but the shortened episode count (compared to Utena) made it just an unwelcome diversion before we could get back to the characters that mattered. With 2 cours, they should have used the episodes to flesh out the defeated antagonists some more, like the dorm manager and her 2 knights. Would have led to a better overall series structure IMO.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the series a lot and loved having such a positive mc whose beliefs aren't shaken by every other villain's monologue. Movie was a shitty cash in, though. You don't design such a glorious hooker costume for Wako and then make an alternate retelling movie with 5 minutes of new footage. Should have been an entirely new story.
>>
wasn't this just Utena with a different coat of paint?
>>
>>135056715
Anime where the main character is the Galactic Pretty Boy?
Self explanatory
>>
>>135056715
>hating Star Driver
OP, we liked Star Driver so much that we've hated everything Bones has done since then for not living up to Star Driver.
>>
>>135066311
It was one of the biggest disappointment for me
I was expecting hypest shit ever and all I got was mosnter of the week borefest
>>
>>135056715
When it fucking uses the same footage again and again and motherfucking again, marathoning it was a pain in the ass.
>>
>>135067326
>not even 30seconds of amazing repeated footage

did you hate Penguindrum too you fucking faggot?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.