[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fansubbing dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1442346457689.png (21 KB, 575x745) Image search: [Google]
1442346457689.png
21 KB, 575x745
Where have all the good subbers (if any) went? Did Crunchyroll effectively kill fansubbing?
>>
You forgot "adds epic memes" on commie.
>>
>>135009453
CR killed it with the help if any from funimation. There still are fansubbers but they don't really do seasonal shows when they come out anymore like they used to. They instead focus more on BD and perhaps OVA and movies when there is an interest. However for the most part they are dead but only for immediate seasonal shows.
>>
>commie
>not adding dank memes
>>
Fansubbing died because Horriblesubs just soaks up too much of the market and gets on the scene too quickly. The various problems with Horriblesubs simply don't matter to the majority of torrent-watchers, and the fact that they go up before anybody else possibly can just adds to their dominance. So fansubs now only cater to people who care about Horriblesub's problems, which is a tiny minority compared to the total animesub market before Horriblesubs was a thing. And the fact of the matter is that most fansubbers don't care enough to cater to that minority.
>>
I miss the fansubbing community man, made a lot of friends back in the day. It was sad to see it slowly die..
>>
>They instead focus more on BD and perhaps OVA and movies when there is an interest
And there is literally nothing wrong with this.
I don't know why people lament the "death" of fansubbing so much. Unless it's for one of the biggest/most hyped shows for the season, you usually had a pretty limited choice in groups. Many shows only having one group subbing them, and the subs themselves were often of dubious quality. Many shows didn't get subbed at all, at least not until the BD release.
Say what you will about CR/HL, at least you're guaranteed to have quick subs of (mostly) acceptable quality on pretty much every show that comes out today. If you want something better, almost all shows that are worth two shits get a decent BD fansubbed release.
>>
gg was the last good fansub group.
>>
>>135009453
Personally, I wouldn't want to wait for my fix in order to get "better" subs. I assume lots of people are like me so there's little demand for fansubbing any more.
If crunchyroll were to die then chances are people would start fansubbing again.
>>
>>135010161
If we ignore that they also inserted memes and bad localisations for the sake of trolling in their subs.

No, gg was occasionally good but you couldn't really rely on them.
>>
File: 1447459362268.png (172 KB, 400x1784) Image search: [Google]
1447459362268.png
172 KB, 400x1784
>>
File: 042.jpg (54 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
042.jpg
54 KB, 500x583
>2015
>People still whining that they want the top 3 popular shows to be subbed by 6 groups completely rewriting the script because muh localization, the more obscures shows to be subbed by none and everything in between subbed by people who don't speak either Japanese or English or in some cases either.
Get those fucking nostalgia goggles of and use that mass of jelly between your ears.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.