[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neon Genesis Evangelion was just average by 80s and 90s standards.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg (878 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
neon-genesis-evangelion.jpg
878 KB, 1280x1024
Neon Genesis Evangelion was just average by 80s and 90s standards. If you think it is the best anime ever made, you have seen less than ten other animes, all of which were made after 2000. I used to like Evangelion when it was the only anime I saw other than Cowboy Bebop which was complete shit so Eva seemed much better in comparison.
>>
It's not eva that is the best anime ever, it's end of eva
>>
Its certainly the best at what it tries to do.
Its not the best mecha or action, nor does it have the best twists in the plot, but for the psychological aspects that it tries to represent, I don't think anything else does it better.
So its understandable when its some people's favorite anime. I personally didn't care for it though.
>>
>>134838740
I agree
also
>animes
>>
I dunno, NGE was pretty unique in how intense it gets during it's oh shit moments especially for the 90s when all animation was done with cels, but I have to agree that it's plot and characters are pretty much just average for it's time.

I wholeheartedly disagree about what you said about Cowboy Bebop though you faggot
>>
>>134838740
I've watched plenty of anime and NGE is one of my favourites.

Fuck off.
>>
>>134838740
Seen a bit above 500 anime. Eva and EoE is still one the best thing I've seen so far. By comparison while I admit that you had amazing works in animated film before Eva: Nausicaa and first Ghibli films, Angel's Egg, Do You Remember Love?, Urusei Yatsura 2, Robot Carnivale, Wings of Honneamise or Neo Tokyo. Tv shows where much weaker before Evangelion. Before 95 there really were bery few exceptional tv anime like Rose of Verailles, Ashita no Joe, Ideon, Galaxy Express, Zeta Gundam or Votoms. Even so later anime improved on lots of the aspects of those shows.

Only weaker period in post 95 animation were the early 2000s with the transition to digital animation. Took them some time adjust.
>>
You can tell that NGE is average by 90's standards by how it literally saved anime
And this too
>>134838779
>>
>>134838740
>bebop
>shit
bait confirmed
>>
eva is a solid 5/10

without the units fighting it would be a 2/10

remove shinji and its probably a 6-7/10
>>
File: 23452345435.jpg (196 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
23452345435.jpg
196 KB, 600x599
>mfw reading OP
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.