[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get promised a cool MMO game where death is real and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: Kirito_time_line.png (640 KB, 1050x405) Image search: [Google]
Kirito_time_line.png
640 KB, 1050x405
>get promised a cool MMO game where death is real and the only way out is to win
>expect nonstop action, guild drama and cool exploration of a digital world
>instead get none of that shit and just an asspull jesus who has all the women wanting his dick who solves all problems just by wanting to hard enough
>gives character special abilities because he's special
>immediately end up in a second game where there is no risk of death
>end up in a third game where he's a girl and has even more ridiculous special abilities because he's special
>end up doing a storyline where the second game world might destroy itself by patching in the ragnarok update if a single group of people don't complete a single quest
>gets given the most legendary sword in the game because we need to make him even more special
>have the only somewhat decent storyline where terminally ill kids confined to these digital spaces want to do one last thing together before they die ruined by having the main female lead spend multiple episodes talking to a webcam she has mounted on her shoulder

How did a Season 3 of this shit get confirmed?
>>
>>134819780
Because it's good.
>>
It sucks and no one cares. You are like 3 years late
>>
>>134819780
its okay anon, he's going to be in a coma for most of s3 anyway.

Asuna will never get off the boat.
>>
>>134819780
because it sells because it's interesting that's why things like MxO which aren't interesting get canned
>>
>>134819913
>because it's interesting

To literally who?
>>
>>134820223
all the people who brought the blue rays and light novels?
>>
>>134819913
That's why Raildex and Mahouka sold so well right?
>>
File: 1388959109989.jpg (232 KB, 700x1044) Image search: [Google]
1388959109989.jpg
232 KB, 700x1044
>>134819780
Wait, S3 confirmed?

HAHAHA noice, we get to watch him get stabbed by a siringe
>>
File: 1383635641778.jpg (75 KB, 593x592) Image search: [Google]
1383635641778.jpg
75 KB, 593x592
There's a difference in "popular" and "good" something can reach autismic levels of popularity and just be average at best. Popularity keeps money flowing, When something is fairly okay and gets popular it feeds off it's own popularity. All it takes is a few loud obnoxious popular people to start liking it and then it becomes popular to like the popular thing and you're not somebody unless you join liking the popular thing.

Leave them be, It funds the artists and other needed workforce that put time and effort into the actual decent manga and anime we like. Very much like /b/ filters out the shit on 4chan but also brings needed traffic and possible fellow /a/non
>>
>>134820413
>"It funds the artists and other needed workforce that put time and effort into the actual decent manga and anime we like."

>people buying things I don't like means businesses will invest in things I like

I don't think you understand how the most basic aspects of capitalism work.
>>
File: Bakuman-xxii_04[1].jpg (76 KB, 865x557) Image search: [Google]
Bakuman-xxii_04[1].jpg
76 KB, 865x557
>>134820349
I don't know, did they? I don't really follow blu-ray sales that much, but if they didn't they wheren't interesting enough
>>
>>134820631
>still claiming SAO is interesting
>>
Reminder that this is canon:

>"Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna. Every time my penis twitched, fireworks would go off in my head."
>>
File: 2Years.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2Years.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
>>134820828
Got your back
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4071x5932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4071x5932
>Was expecting first season to be more Battle Royale than harem drama.
>Was hoping for more bullet ballet and gun-fu in GGO.

Only good thing to come out this whole series is Shinon.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 848x480
>>134820930
I would totally go Asada-San on her.
>>
>>134819780
Don't worry, anon, The MC eventually becomes a brain dead vegetable in the series.

If the anime goes on long enough I promise you: it'll be cathartic as fuck when they animate Kirito getting a fate worse then death as a physically disabled retard.
>>
>>134821016
I wouldn't. The sjw hair is disgusting.
>tfw Japan finally stopped doing shitty hair colors and you were happy about that and then a bunch of ugly fat american women had to go and ruin it for you

>>134819780
The sad thing is, even though SAO is shit it's still better than 98% of LN based shit that gets released nowadays. That putrid shit Asterisk got a fucking S2 confirmed before this season is even over and you're asking how SAO got a 3rd one?

Fact of the matter is, anime right now is simple this shit.
>>
>>134820828
As goofy as this was, at least Kirito is one of the rare anime protags that actually fucks his love interest, rather than have 25 episodes of build up to absolutely nothing.
>>
>>134821185
I'm so glad that we're so afraid of committing to a relationship because of shipping/harem garbage that poorly written slop is the next best thing.
>>
>>134820930
>Only good thing to come out this whole series is Shinon.

Except that they made a whole series based on this brutal death game where kids were murdering each other, and when they decided to make a story revolving around PTSD they instead didn't bother talking about any of the 6,000+ survivors and instead focused on the trauma of a new character who had nothing to do with SAO and couldn't figure out on her own she probably saved peoples lives doing what she did?

I want the eye candy but she reminds me how shit everything is. She is precisely one of the reasons why.
>>
File: love vertex.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
love vertex.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
>>134821232
It's not like Japan doesn't try to do romance with a consummated relationship. But since otaku are the only people buying anime, pretty much everything like that flops.
>>
>>134819780
Because your hipster opinion is not relevant
>>
>>134821042
But isnt he parallely in the magical fluxllight world basically getting adventures and bitches there?

I only read the first volume of alicialication.
>>
>>134821232
But it's true though..... people are so fucking sick of the generic:

"zomg all the girls love him, who will he choose, let's spend the majority of the series building up sexual/romantic tension only to not resolve it or do so poorly in the last episode" garbage

that they'd rather settle for:

" guy gets the girl he wants half-way through the season, they love each other and fuck like rabbits, let's show their ~married~ life and poorly written romance, but other girls still like him, so now it's no longer a question of who he'll end up with, but if he will cheat or not"

It's sad, but people are tired of the harem/50 episodes of tension crap.
>>
>>134821382
Whoopdey doo, he has a gaming avatar to play with as his brain dead body wastes away.
>>
>>134821546
>but if he will cheat or not

He won't cheat, and then they gave him a fucking AI Daughter for some reason because we need to show just how fucking in love they are.
>>
>>134821546
>>134821646
He doesn't even remember the main female character anymore.

The guy is a fucking vegetable, pontificating on whether he would cheat is pointless. He's irrevocably dead for all intents or purposes.
>>
>>134820561
>Creates job opportunities for the people that do Background art, Music, Translation, Advertising etc

>The people are now making decent money instead of being forced to quit their jobs for something better

There's a lot of work that goes into Anime and Manga most publishers have teams that help and those teams can't do their job if they don't get paid.
>>
I finally got around to watching it. I decided to give the dub a shot since I heard it wasn't bad.

I don't see why people hate this show, besides the fact that the MC seems to be a bit OP and wins through sheer force of will.
>>
>>134821614
He's going to outlive us all in subjective time.
>>
>>134821798
Yes and if they are working on complete mainstream bullshit they aren't producing good stuff.

These things cost a like of time and money. These teams don't animate an episode in a week and then work on some cool project, or while working on Naruto/Bleach/Pokemon they are also animating that one show you really really like. No man, it's one or the other.

And if shit like SAO and all the endless shonen crap ends up doing very well and can pay animators good money, all the good animators who might have been willing to work for less money on a cool independent project will now pump out the new Pikachu vs Pokemon-Of-The-Week episode. As a result, "riskier" projects have to either pony up more cash, produce less episodes with a higher budget, or simply settle for less quality animation.

You literally have no concept of capitalism. If you hate mainstream stuff, the success of things in the mainstream fucks you over.
>>
>>134822032
Pull the plug and he's dead.

He's literally an NPC now, and would be obliterated at the stroke of a button if anyone cared to end him.
>>
>>134823098
Technically you could kill anyone with the pull of a trigger, really. It's not hard to kill people
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.