[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When do you think people die? When they shot through the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>When do you think people die? When they shot through the heart by a bullet of a pistol? When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? When they drink from a soup made from a poisinous mushroom? No...It's when they are forgotten.
>>
Dressrossa arc is just too long.
>>
>>134804990
It's from the Drum Island arc.
>>
File: hiluluk.gif (323 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hiluluk.gif
323 KB, 500x281
>>134803875
>>
Fugly artwork.
>>
>>134805151
Knew it but if anon is watchin the anime show he needs to prepare 2 months for the Dressrosa arc and also a lot of coffee
>>
I watched this when I was kid in the afternoon programm.

Saddest kids show ever.
>>
>>134805426
Nobody can watch One Piece without crying. That's the way this show appeals you (and maybe because he is also fucking epic sometimes)
>>
File: boaH.jpg (203 KB, 525x463) Image search: [Google]
boaH.jpg
203 KB, 525x463
Sad Moments in One Piece:
>Nami's past / Slavery
>Sanji's farewell from Zeff
>The death of Hiluluk
>Robin's wish to die in Alabsta
>Arresting Tom / Tom hitting Franky for hating his ships
>Nico Robin's resolution to live
>The death of Yorki and the Rumbar Pirates
>The death of Portgas D. Ace / Luffy's reaction
>The death of Rosinante
>Rebecca's past / Kyro's life as a puppet

What did I miss?
>>
>>134806069
I think : every single single character background like
>Usopp Past -> no father and lying in order to preserve hope
>Death of child-zoro nakama (cant remember her name)
>Robin past with the buster-call
etc...
>>
>>134806069
>That time when the ship broke down and they give it a VIKING FUNERAL. AND IT TOLD THEM IT WAS SORRY.
>The tale of Montblanc Norland and Calgara
>Señor Pink's past. Just... Damn, feel so bad for laughing at him now.
>>
File: goku ssjss laser template.png (732 KB, 633x667) Image search: [Google]
goku ssjss laser template.png
732 KB, 633x667
>>134803875
>When do you think people die? When they shot through the heart
>>
>>134806426
>Señor Pink's past. Just... Damn, feel so bad for laughing at him now.

...What made you cry like that brother? If we meet again, maybe you can tell me the story over a drink...
>>
>>134807485
Don't worry he'll be back in like 5 minutes
>>
>>134803875
I think that the anime version of Drum is an absolute must watch as well as the last good part of the show.
>>
>>134808924
nah the anime is really good until it reaches marineford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1C86DKwgw
>>
>>134808993
Starting with the end of the Drum arc the show gets much more QUALITY and much more sloppily directed.
>>
>>134806069
>the people from skypiea praying for the real god have mercy
>vivi shouting at the bell tower
>Bon Clay sacrifice
>Cindry-chan

everytime I wonder if I like something better than one piece I remember these moments and I simply can't
>>
>>134808993
Anime makes Skypiea, Long Ring Long, Impel Down and Marineford unwatchable though. Only the emotional parts are done well.
>>
>>134808993
You mean until Enies Lobby right?
>>
>>134808924
I watched the anime before I read the manga and it made me realise that they really stretched out the part where Luffy is climbing up to the castle while carrying Nami.
>>
>>134808901
>Don't worry he'll be back in like 5 minutes

Real time or DBZ time?
>>
>>134809397
DBZ time of course.
If it was real time he could stay dead as well so much time would have been gone by.
>>
>>134806069
I dont know about you but this one got me.
>>
File: IMG_5194.png (659 KB, 600x1015) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5194.png
659 KB, 600x1015
>>134806069
>>
>>134803875
I think this when was said before

"A man dies not once, but twice; a man's medical death and when his name is spoken for the last time" or something.
>>
>>134803875
I might catch some flack for this but I think this scene is the only scene that the Funimation dub did better than the original Japanese. Don't get me wrong the original is gut wrenchingly sad, but something about the delivery from the Funi dub just fucks me up.
>>
This has to be one of the corniest, stupidest speeches I've read in my life. "A man dies when he's forgotten..." Needlessly "poetic" pap. The fact that such sentimentalist drivel drives you morons to tears just proves that One Piece only attracts those with the mentality of a 10-year-old.
>>
>>134812624
Wew. Edgy.

I thought the speech was pretty cool but it's the context that makes you cry, not the speech itself. Everything with him and Chopper, and how those words fits into that story. Nigga ends up blowing himself up too in the end.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.