[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this shit get any better /a/? I've just watched the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Guilty_Crown_Blu-ray_Volume_1.jpg (66 KB, 324x400) Image search: [Google]
Guilty_Crown_Blu-ray_Volume_1.jpg
66 KB, 324x400
Does this shit get any better /a/?

I've just watched the first episode, and on three different occasions I had to mute the volume because the cringe/chuuni factor was too high. If it's a slow burner I might consider powering through but at this rate I don't think I can last much longer.
>>
>>134744959
It doesn't.
>>
>>134744959
It does get better, but it doesn't get different, so you should probably just drop it.
>>
>>134744959
I'd hoped the series would be about epigenetics (how external influences can alter DNA methylation and cause changes to be passed on to offspring, etc.) in the form of Voids becoming stronger as Shu form deeper bonds with his friends.

None of it happened.
>>
>>134745434
That sounds gay as fuck.
>>
>>134744959
You missed the hype when it aired

The music is top fucking tier though.
>>
>>134745468
Epigenetics is Lamarck's revenge from beyond the grave.

>>134745476
Unfortunately it's only good if it's the only soundtrack from Sawano Hiroyuki you ever hear. It gets old as soon as you hear Attack on Titan, Kill la Kill, or Aldnoah.Zero.
>>
>>134744959
>I had to mute the volume because the cringe/chuuni factor was too high
>not liking chuuni

Genuine faggotry. Kill yourself
>>
>>134745468

You say that, but throwing some science into a plot really can help. Guilty Crown could have really improved if it was grounded harder.

For the OP, It may be worth watching till episode 12 if you enjoy the premise. You can go further if you want to see the most hilariously off the wall tone shift in anime history.

>>134745519

The trick to Sawano Hiroyuki is to take the best out of every series. Doesn't stop her from using the same drop in every song.
>>
>>134744959
its a decent watch until the 1st cour is over. Once the 2nd cour starts it goes to shit and ruins everything.
>>
Great show, best part about it is how /a/ shitter hipsters got rectally wrecked over it being a success.
>>
>>134745884
>hating hitler
>>
File: 1364523392062.jpg (993 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1364523392062.jpg
993 KB, 2000x2000
>>134744959
Only worth watching it if you had watched it with /a/ while it was airing
>>
>>134744959
Sounds like you need to stop watching anime for a while.
>>
>>134745434
Epigenetics is relatively unexplored in the real world anon. Most shows especially in Japan who is slow to get ideas will not have it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.