[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody disagree with the notion that Hanamonogatari is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Hanamonogatari.jpg (78 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
Hanamonogatari.jpg
78 KB, 600x649
Does anybody disagree with the notion that Hanamonogatari is the weakest story arc?
>>
its just "listen to this super boring new character talk for five episodes" plus one good Kaiki scene.
>>
I would say it's Kabuki, but I also don't care enough to argue the point at length.
>>
>>134732116
Kabuki had adult Hachikuji, therefore it cannot be worst.
>>
>>134732197
A rather sad argument.
>>
>>134732050
Tsuki is close.
>>
filthy peasants
>>
>>134732297
It also had tons of cute Araragi and Shinobu interaction.

That's where Hanamonogatari fails, no fun interplay between characters
>>
>>134732110
>one good kaiki scene
Thats like saying there's a scene with Kaiki that isn't good anon.
I liked hana because Sugura best girl.
>>
File: Nadeko_nise.jpg (27 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Nadeko_nise.jpg
27 KB, 400x225
Otorimonogatari wasn't too hot
>>
>>134732050
>This is what people actually believe
Tsuki was far weaker.
>>
>>134732050
no, you're good senpai
>>
>monkey girl
>bad

Kill yourself desu senpai
>>
Hana was good. Monkey POV, thoughtful scenes from Ougi, Kaiki and uni Arararagi, then we meet an old friend/rival of Kanbaru that serves as the perfect counterpoint to her. Plus it's the first entry of the series where Shaft employed a new directorial style that would carry over to Tsuki and Owari.

>>134733337
This.
>>
Hana was better overall then Nadeko Medusa, Mayoi Jiangshi, Yotsugi Doll, Nadeko Snake, Tsubasa Tiger, Tsubasa Cat (sans Nekomonogatari and Episode 12 of Bake) and arguably Mayoi Snail and Sodachi Formula/Lost.

However it had one of the worst insert songs
>>
>>134733000
il fuckin fight u m8
>>
>>134733788
Also forgot to add that it was worse then Ougi Formula.
I haven't finished watching what exists of Shinobu Mail so I can't say anything about that, but from what I've heard it seems better then Suruga Devil.
>>
>>134732050

>Weak story

Nigga please, the entire stories from the series are weak.
>>
Hana was pretty great.
I see people say 'but it didn't matter in the context of the overarching story' which is ridiculous considering the nature of the franchise they're talking about.
The gatari series overall would have been better if later seasons were more like bake.
>>
>>134732050
I disagree. Hanamonogatari was a masterpiece that successfully broke away from the formula while still retaining the overall feel of a Monogatari book.
It was heavier than usual but that is due to the nature of the protagonist and the fact it lacked the usual Araragi antics like being a lolicon or having the girls mess with him.
>>
File: 1449973529025.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1449973529025.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Neko>Bake>Koi>Owari>Nise>Hana>Kabuki>Oni>Otori>Tsuki
>>
>>134733754
>Plus it's the first entry of the series where Shaft employed a new directorial style that would carry over to Tsuki and Owari.
I rewatched Hanamonogatari with the second series in the novel release order and it was incredibly jarring from this perspective. I would particularly mention that the sound direction was in a different universe.
>>
>>134732050
Your taste is shit senpai.
Most people hate Hana because it steers away from the usual direction of the rest of the series, with Araragi antics.
Reminds me of how everyone shat on MGS2, but in the end it was all because they couldn't play as Snake for most of the game.
>>
File: 11498-1282353705.jpg (135 KB, 598x900) Image search: [Google]
11498-1282353705.jpg
135 KB, 598x900
>>134732050
Disagree. Numachi is a very interesting dark hero character in this arc. I cried for her hard. I also really like Kanbaru's analogy about being medicine, poison, or just water.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.