[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a perfect Berserk adaptation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: GutsBerserk.png (435 KB, 355x511) Image search: [Google]
GutsBerserk.png
435 KB, 355x511
The first one captured the essence of the manga and overall was pretty great, but had abysmal animation and changed some important details.

The new movies have higher production values, but they're a joke and didn't seem to understand what made the manga so good in the first place. Fucking CG too, holy shit.
>>
>>134680243
The only chance it has is if Madhouse takes it.
>>
Well, JoJo's adaption was fairly decent so I can only hope Berserk will get the same treatment.
>>
>>134680322
>The only chance it has is if Madhouse takes it.
Fuck off, retard.
>>
That ship has sailed. There will never be a good Berserk anime because anime is shit now and digital animation looks like garbage.
>>
>>134680482
I agree. Not one anime airing this season doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>134680396
dear god no
>>
Even logh is getting a remake,so who knows.
>>
>>134680732
Not the same style or production company, of course, but the fact that they stuck so close to the source material and were so passionate about making the adaption was a nice change.
>>
>>134680870
>compressing the hell out of it
>passionate
>>
>>134680442
Madhouse are known for being extremely faithful to the manga, almost too much so. If Madhouse gets the chance to do a complete adaption then you can pretty much guarantee that it's going to be great. They usually only fall short with their endings, going either cliffhanger or gecko.
>>
>>134680322
>>134681806
Fuck off idiot. Not only are they shit at adaptations (HxH, Parasyte) but they have absolutely no balls, they haven't even shown a nipple for god knows how long.
>>
>>134680956
>compressing
What are you even on about.
>>
>>134680956
>Almost 50 episode adaptation of Part 3
>Compressing
You honestly couldn't have expected it to go any longer than that.
>>
>>134682551
Exposed nipples sure is that one really important feature every anime should have.
>>
>>134681806
>Madhouse are known for being extremely faithful to the manga
kek
>>
The one thing I think they did perfectly was cripple Griffith's scene after falling off the wagon into the water.
>>
>>134682551
HxH and Parasyte were both good adaptations. What is even wrong with Parasyte, you don't like the modern take or the music? Because the content is identical to the manga, retard. If you want to pick bad adaptations, you should find some that diverge from the source material quite a bit, or skim through content. Neither HxH nor Parasyte do that.
>>
As much hate as the new movies get, I think they make a decent entry point into the Berserk universe. CG could definitely be better but some scenes were absolutely breathtaking. Condensing the arc to 3 movies makes sense from the perspective of them just trying to get non-fans into the series. I'm hoping they continue the series in OVA format.
>>
>>134684926
Didn't mind the Berserk animated movies as well. Soundtrack could be better, but over all - decent.
>>
>>134684775
>Because the content is identical to the manga
You're an absolute moron and you clearly didn't read Parasyte. They completely changed the MC's personality in the first half from what it was in the manga.

As for Hunter X Hunter, not developing the relationship between Gon and Kite was about as stupid as it gets, but because you're an idiot, you're probably not smart enough to even know why that's a bad thing.
>>
>>134680322
>>134681806
>>134684775
Madhousefags, everyone. This is what happens when you open the door for /co/ and /tv/.

Thanks a lot OPM.
>>
File: 1449135956558.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1449135956558.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>134680243
Why was the original series a slideshow?
>>
>>134686463
Just put your grasses on. Nothing wirr be wong.
>>
>>134685567
So taking out that one scene where he saves Gon from that bear thing and teaches him a lesson or whatever makes the entire show a "shit adaptation"?
>>
>>134688490
>look up gyaru, shota, big penis
>there's like 6 of them
>already read 3
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.