[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is Yugi's deck from a competitive point of view?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 40
File: Yamiyugi.jpg (35 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
Yamiyugi.jpg
35 KB, 200x280
How good is Yugi's deck from a competitive point of view?
>>
Does it even really matter when he could literally WILL any card he wanted from his deck because he was an Egyptian pharaoh?
>>
Still I would like to know if it is relatively as good as it was on the series
>>
>>134661990
Pretty meh to be honest. Not awful but not great either.
>>
In the current meta it would be utter shit.
>>
>>134662277
I would have been utter shit twelve years ago too.
>>
>>134662277

Is there a protagonist with a good deck for the current meta? Just curious
>>
>>134662378
Yuya's deck is literally THE meta
>>
>>134662756

But isn't he the worst protagonist?
>>
>>134662378
Are they allowed to use newer cards that belong to their archetype? If yes, Judai and his HEROes could keep up nowadays rather well.

The main problem with anime decks is that they don't have to be good. If a chracter needs to win, the writers will find a way to asspull them into victory.
>>
>>134662756
The current meta is more of a bastard child of Yuya's and Benni's deck.
>>
>>134662960

How about the decks they use on the games, are they good?
>>
File: what_about_yuzu.jpg (132 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
what_about_yuzu.jpg
132 KB, 1136x640
>>134662756
This. Yuya could ass rape any other YGO protagonist in a duel.
>>
>>134661990
Kaiba dick better
>>
>>134663032
Not really.

Games are usually designed in a way that lets the player play whetever deck they want without giving a shit about the meta.
>>
>>134663148

Is this legal?
>>
>>134663253
Except for those who held online tournaments.

>dat moment when you take the fun deck you beat the game with to a tournament and get your shit wrecked.
>>
File: 1449847850427.jpg (952 KB, 1500x1122) Image search: [Google]
1449847850427.jpg
952 KB, 1500x1122
>>134663314
Is this legal?
>>
>>134662916
It's the cute and straight protagonist.
The shit one is Yuma.
>>
>>134663059
PePe / emEm have a lot more than Yuya's cards, so no.
>>
File: BerserkerSoul-DRLG-EN-ScR-UE.png (364 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
BerserkerSoul-DRLG-EN-ScR-UE.png
364 KB, 308x450
>>134663368
>tfw Konami is still too pussy to print the anime card effects on cards

I'm still mad BAZAKAH SORU is so fucking pitiful IRL.
>>
>>134663368

Why not?
>>
>>134663481
Only Performages/Dracoslayer stuff. But Yuya still have the more competitive Deck out of the main protags. Odd-Eyes Magician can pull out some ugly plays as also pure Petformapal, specially with oncoming stuff.
>>
>>134663506
>Wanting 2 card win condition
>>
You can run a Dark Magician turbo deck and shit out Big Eyes and Dracosack, but you're pretty dependent on one trap card that has no good options to search for. Blue Eyes is a much better deck.
It doesn not matter anyway, current duels take about 2 turns and the player who goes first can completely lock you down.
>>
>>134663506

IIRC Yugi had a duel using a full monster deck with only one spell card, is this that card?
>>
>>134663664
>using a full monster deck with only one spell card
>yugioh
All he did was get lucky 8 times.
>>
>>134663368
Werent God cards immune to traps as a rule? It's not fair, but that's the point
>>
>>134663664
No, it was a dragon deck that some kid lent to him.

And then there was Jun who used a deck with monsters that had no more than 500 atk.
>>
File: 61948618.jpg (81 KB, 323x358) Image search: [Google]
61948618.jpg
81 KB, 323x358
>>
>>134663738

But it had a single spell card right?
>>
File: not man eater bug.pngI.png (475 KB, 581x400) Image search: [Google]
not man eater bug.pngI.png
475 KB, 581x400
I place one card face down in defense mode and end my turn.
>>
>>134663711
>lucky
>Yugi
>>
>>134663899
Ha, like one face down card can stop my invincible deck! I attack your pathetic card with my monster!
>>
>>
File: i'm technically correct.jpg (84 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
i'm technically correct.jpg
84 KB, 400x580
>>134663967
bend over
>>
>>134663892
Dignity of the Retarded
>>
>>134661990
recently started dicking around with a yugi based deck that used all retrains. It literally needs luck and miracles to work
>>
>>134664982
Black Luster Soldier/Gaia/Buster Blader?
>>
>>134661990
What deck are we talking about here? The one with god cards and chaos monsters?
>>
Synchro ruined Yugioh

DDM was a good game

Rituals were always shit
>>
>>134665089

Anime final deck.
>>
>>134664982
>Not just having Dueling Skill so advanced that your whims literally manifest on the battlefield

You're naive, aibou
>>
>>134663655
>current duels take about 2 turns and the player who goes first can completely lock you down.
Sounds fun.
>>
>>134665059
I started simple and just put in retrains of old card +3 Dark magicians. It also uses pendulum magicians to get his higher level cards out and get xyz summons. But with Marshmellon, obnoxious celtic guard, and swards of light, it ends up just being a stall deck that still cant function in this "opponent sends one card from their hand to the grave that also adds one card of the same archetype to thier hand which is then allowed to be summoned from its own effect and can banish every card on the field" meta. Im gona try black buster the fierce knights soon though.
>>
>>134665407
At least Buster Blader could be a nasty control/stall deck with the right twitchering.
>>
>>134663314
shes only 16 anon
>>
>>134665355

What happened to those days where duels were a good way to kill time and not just a few minutes?
>>
>>134665199
>Not just having Dueling Skill so advanced that your whims literally manifest on the battlefield
>in local tournament using a random as fuck deck
>knock opponent's LP to virtually nothing
>he pops out Lord of D
>Dragon Flute
>host of high level dragons
>my entire field goes into defense mode
>keep throwing down sinister serpent while my field dwindles
>sword of revealing light
>swords expires and most of my field gets nuked
>literally have one turn left before I lose
>3 card in my deck that can do anything, Labyrinth Wall to stall or Amazon Archer or Lady Assailant of Flames to win with a shitty direct attack
>pray to the heart of the cards
>>
>>134663721
in video games they were immune to any card effects that targeted them directly (man eater bug) but not ones that affected all things (dark hole/ mirror force)
>>
>>134665650

The Mirror Force image on the top thinks something else
>>
>>134663481
Even pure Entermates/Odd-Eyes would still hands down be the best protagonist / rival deck.
With Vortex, Pendulum Dragon, Monkeyboard, Unicorn, and Phoenix.
>>
>>134665879
in the games, not in the godmode animu
>>
File: PREPARE TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DIE.png (3 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
PREPARE TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DIE.png
3 MB, 1200x1600
>>134665879
The effects that the god cards had in the anime are not exactly the same as the legal variants that were printed years after.

For example, the actual Winged Dragon of Ra card doesn't have the effect that gives it the combined ATK/DEF of the monsters sacrifice. You have to use it's life point sacrifice effect or it will have 0 attack. It's utter shit compared to Slifer and Obelisk.
>>
>>134665611
OBLITERATE
>>
Are we gonna get another Dragons of Legend/Collector's Pack in 2016?
There's still plenty of cards from the original series and beyond that deserve to be released.
I want the Orichalcos cards already.
>>
Any tips for someone who wants to start in the yugioh universe?
>>
New movie trailer for those who care. CG Blue-Eyes actually doesn't look that bad here in my opinion. Really digging the new hologram aesthetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshKFmiaYtQ
>>
>>134666371
theres still one more shit legend dragon that needs to be printed, so i think so yes
>>
>>134666475
Just watch any series that interest you. GX and ZEXAL have weak start though.

If you want to learn how the game played today, watch ARC-V
>>
>>134665611
>having a nice duel with pal
>get Dark magician and Summoned Skull out early, wreck his shit up
>He manages to turn the tide
>tfw about to lose to my nigga ass friend with Jinzo and Barrel Dragon on the field
>Field is wiped, traps are ded
>Nothing in my hand is of any help
>About to draw my last card
>Call to my deck for my ace to turn the tide and win
>Draw pic related
>Finish off both of his monsters in the turn

To this day he's still salty as fuck about getting Heart of the Cards'd.
>>
>>134666492
>dat anzu
unf
>>
>>134666371
Yugi and Kaiba don't have very many monsters left to print. All I can think of is some Kuribohs Yugi used during DOMA, all that's left are spells and traps.
I don't think Konami cares much about cards used by filler characters like Dartz or Ziegfried. Notice how they've never been in any Yugioh videogames

>>134666567
Which one?
>>
>>134661990
His support is all over the place and can't be tied together at all, and there's not a single batch of it that you can focus on that's a good solid deck.

>Buster Blader
Sacky, barely-playable trash that can't contribute anything to a deck that isn't focused on it because no matter what you still need Dragons to fuel your Bladers.
>Black Luster Soldier
Sacky, unplayable trash that barely upgraded a card that nobody used anyway. BLS Envoy of the Beginning is still the only truly usable card in this archetype, even if Super BLS is cool-looking.
>Dark Magician
Not even an archetype. Skilled DM is too slow to accomplish anything, and Dark Magician Girl is fucking worthless in the deck because she's a Lv 6 that has no support and does nothing of value. Play with DM requires you to waste tons of resources and deck space getting him out and keeping him out for a Lv 7 vanilla that doesn't even have good stats. The only card that might salvage the deck costs half of your LP and ALSO cockblocks any other summon-based plays you have that turn, for a LEVEL 7 BEATSTICK, just to make your mediocre support live.
>Gaia
A fucking joke of a joke. Can't even remotely operate properly in a deck dedicated exclusively to him, and slows any other deck to a crawl. There are two decent cards in this archetype, and you can't use them to do any Gaia-related stuff because one of them is a Curse of Dragon retrain and the other doesn't count as being "Gaia the Fierce Knight".
>Gadgets and Toys
Gadgets still see fairly routine play, and were core in the Geargia deck that was popular a while back. Other miscellaneous toys like Blockman are cool, but too slow to operate functionally.
>Magnet Warriors
Garbage and need support something fierce. The issue with giving them support is that you almost inevitably give Rock Stun players support, too.
>Silent Magician/Swordsman
They're cool as fuck, but LV monsters are too slow and cumbersome for not enough payoff.

1/2
>>
>>134666492
Now we know where Arc V's budget went to.
>>
>>134666578

Ok, thanks for replying
>>
>>134666584
Yugi/10
>>
>>134666828
Yeah my deck is pretty much the first Yugi Starter Deck with a bunch of add-ons here and there.
>>
>>134666620
Yeah I gotta say Anzu with a ponytail just looks...right. Also Kaiba is once again establishing himself as one of the most badass geeks in existence.
>>
Why did they make Blue eyes way better than the actual protagonist monster over the time?
>>
>>134666731
2/2

>Summoned Skull
One monster that's a better vanilla beater than DM, but otherwise doesn't have much going for him. Archfiend support is pretty shit.
>Kuriboh
One monster that only sets Battle Damage to 0, and doesn't do anything else. Even assuming you dip into later-made Kuribohs (most of which belong to other anime characters), you don't have much better stuff to work with because Winged Kuriboh got all the love.
>Timeaus
Good DM support that actually gives you a reason to use DMG. Even then, though, there's a problem with Amulet Dragon being worthless without lots of spells to banish. Legend Knight Timaeus and Legend of Heart are too inconsistent, but at least Eye is a decent card to rip into.

And after all this, you still need your basic staple effects. JUST considering shit you don't already have covered by 1 or more parts, you still need:
>Effect negation for things that aren't Dragons.
>Draw Power because your deck is inconsistent garbage and has no real search power
>Backrow Hate because Floodgates Exist.
>SS power because virtually none of your shit has it built-in, meaning you either have to suffer with only being able to play 1 monster a turn or you have to get something like Pendulums or S/Ts that let you spam out monsters.
>Battle protection because most of your shit is weak to getting smacked around.
>Anti-Destruction measures since none of your shit floats, which will cause you to hard minus every time somebody resolves a Castel or Dark Hole.

And this is all from the casual perspective. Yugi's deck is inefficient as shit, the support doesn't work well together at all, and you'd need god-tier lucksacking abilities (which Yugi had) to be able to even have a hope of winning against a meta deck, even in a more tame meta or a past meta.

Competitively, Yugi has absolutely no hope against decks that aren't Pure DM/GX-era decks, even if he got to use his new shit and they didn't.

tl;dr: Yugi is shit and had to cheat to win.
>>
>>134667245
Does it really matter? In TCG, sometimes minor characters have better deck than the protag or rival.
>>
>>134663032
Judai's deck is probably the best in TFS because he plays Masked Hero masturbation like a champ (Stratos is at 1 after all)
He won tag duels before I even got a turn like 3 times when I had him as partner.

Yugi's deck is garbage, Yusei's kind of wants to be Synchro masturbation but at the same time it's just too slow, Yuma's just summons HOPU in less than optimal ways and Yuya's deck is just too weak since it only incorporates the cards he used in the first 30 or so episodes.
>>
What about Yugi changing his old god cards for the ones on GX, would that help him?
>>
>>134666584
>playing multi duel with friends using BEWD deck
>getting wrecked
>hand is only lvl 8s
>lose next turn
>draw phase
>motherfucking trade-in
>into motherfucking silver's cry and BLS
>field is now a BEWD, BLS, AND Galaxy Eyes
>so someone loses?
>no you both do
>summon Neo Galaxy Eyes
>they have 3 XYZs on field with five materials between them
The look on their faces is the reason I can keep playing this game.
>>
>>134666731
>and Dark Magician Girl is fucking worthless in the deck because she's a Lv 6 that has no support and does nothing of value.
I use her as fodder bor BEYOND ZA HOPU
Magician's Circle helps getting her out, but since they're all spellcasters, Pendulum Magicians might do the trick better.
>>
>>134667648
You mean Uriah/Hamon/Raviel? Those are dog shit.

The original God Cards are the strongest one.
>>
>>134663032
In Tag Force SP (the latest game, about a year old), the decks are a little odd and mostly shafted by weird AI decisions.

Yugi runs a weird BlaMagi Masturbation deck. Give him a small clutch of good R4s and he'll Castel ;) with the best of them. If you're running a Pendulum-based deck, he'll also use Pendulum Summoning every single time he can, which isn't something most other AIs make a habit of.

Judai is a fucking amazing kid with an amazing deck. The only problem I've had with him as partner is that he's got no fucking voiced lines besides the generic ones, and it's not his S4 design.

Yusei needs his deck to get re-tooled a bit before you can rush in with him, but he plays a decent Junk Doppel. He's got an annoying habit of trying to go into Quasar even when it's inefficient for him to do so, but it usually works out, especially if you just take Quasar out of his ED.

Yuma...is retarded. No matter what, he will always try to make S39 if he has normal 39 on the board, even when it's completely retarded to do so. If you take it out and give him some shit like Castel and DRXD, he's got some of the better R4 choice logic in the game, but is otherwise pretty mediocre and needs carried.

Yuya needs his entire deck gutted because it's shit and he's shit at playing it. He's got good combo logic, but completely shits the bed at placing his pendulum scales.
>Sets Stargazer.
>Sets Silver Claw, making Stargazer Scale 4
>Sets Timegazer, the only monster he has on the field.
Give him Qliphorts and he'll play them decently well. Sometimes he'll fill your scales with less optimal scale choices (aka: Not Scout), but it's not the worst thing to deal with.
>>
>>134667648
He has no way of summoning any of them except Uria, since he runs exactly 3 fiends (and one of them is Kuriboh), and I don't think he runs any continuous spells besides the Sarcophagus..
And even then, Uria's inferior to its counterpart.
>>
His deck was very basic, it was his Millineum item altering destiny that gave him the advantage for the most part.
>>
File: Please stop Synchro Summoning.jpg (49 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
Please stop Synchro Summoning.jpg
49 KB, 704x480
>>134665132
Aporia pls
>>
I still think Yugi's deck was quite good for the time the series started, but now that you can summon 5 monsters in one turn I don't think he stands a chance...
>>
>>134662351
This. I'm 27 and even when I was in middle school his deck was shit.

>Dark Magician in your deck when you can literally just use Summoned Skull. Get your shit together, Yugi.
>>
>>134667930
If you used his manga deck as basis and compared it to other anime decks, Yugi's deck is actually one of the better ones.
>>
>>134666731
>>134667348
Yugi's deck is really that bad? When I watched this younger I thought it was so fucking cool and OP.
>>
>>134668009
>This apple is the worst apple
>But you see, this apple is better at being an apple than all these oranges, so that makes it a good apple!
This is what your logic sounds like.
>>
>>134667877
>>the decks are a little odd and mostly shafted by weird AI decisions.

>have invinicible wall up (FotD)
>Kaiba goes ORE NO PURAIDO, SOSHITE ORE NO TAMASHII
>tributes First and runs into a summon trap
>summon my own Blue-Eyes
>he tributes it next turn to summon his own
>give him Azure-Eyes
>synchro? what's that hold on imma tribute Stone and BEWD to summon, wait for it, BEWD!
>HAHAHA SEIGI NO MIKATA KAIBAMAN -> runs into a summon trap
>literally never gets the chance to even SUMMON Blue-Eyes Ultimate
Did I mention how his deck has like, 3 normal summonable monsters? Because it does.
>>
>>134668020
I've been playing since the beginning and I can confirm that outside of some generic S/Ts and Summoned Skull, Yugi's deck has always been pretty trash.
>>
>>134664088
>not playing Cyber Jar
Do you even lift, onii-chan?
>>
>>134668103
>playing banned cards
JADGE
>>
>>134666195
They released Sphere Mode that gives Ra the rest of his effects since they realized they made him too shitty.
>>
>>134668031
Sorry, I meant Yugi's deck is actually better compared to guys like Bakura, Mai etc.

I mentioned manga because in the manga, Yugi stop using unplayable stuff like BLS, Magician of Black Chaos and Gaia.
And stuff like Magnet Warriors work better in manga since you don't need Valkyrion card to fuse.
>>
>>134668020
I actually thought the same after his duel with Judai at the end of GX, his deck seemed OP as hell. But it was because of the god cards at the end.
>>
>>134663995
Translators note: Escuridão means Darkness
>>
>>134663032
The most recent Yugioh game is Legacy of the Duelist.
>http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yami_Yugi_(Legacy_of_the_Duelist)

In it, Yugi's deck changes in every story mode mission to refelect the cards he used in the episode being adapted.
He starts with a barely playable mish-mash of normal monsters from Duelist kingdom (it's OK, his oponents use bad decks too), then progresses to Battle City and Egyptian God cards. Still nothing actually good.
The funniest one is when he duels against Mak. He uses a rock deck based on using a spell cad called "Attack the Moon!" Yes, they made it a real card, it does exactly what you would expect
>http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_the_Moon!
>>
>>134668187
Judai's deck was even worse at that duel.
>>
>>134668187
For that duel, it was weird because the only reason Yugi could even win is because he hijacked an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING generic card that Judai used. If he'd kept swinging after dodging getting Cylinder'd, Judai would've won no issue, even if Yugi pulled back DM.

Code Change still hasn't been printed to this very day.
>>
>>134668187
Oh, also, Judai's deck was bogged down by Neos horseshit, which utterly killed the consistency of the character's deck.
>>
>>134668249
Isn't that the game where an AI can get Exodia on the first turn?
>>
>>134668302
but it's his ACE, anon! ACES are important!!!
>>
>>134668187
No, his deck was garbage still, he just took advantage of the oddly specific cards Judai used that actually allowed Yugi to go keikaku doori.
And Judai's post-Neos deck was also fairly garbage.
At least he summoned based Shining Flare Wingman.

On top of that, Judai lost the duel on purpose (if he waited one turn, Yugi would brick since all he added was Valkyrion, BLS and Buster Blader, leaving him empty fielded).
>>
>>134668342
Ah yes, the Seeker plays 3 copies of each Exodia piece, triple Pot of Greed and triple Graceful Charity
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
>>
>>134661990
The important thing I wanna know is, are Harpies viable and top tier again?
>>
>>134668407
Haven't heard of Exodia lately, is he banned or his win condition is still as bad as it was back then to even touch him?
>>
>>134668591
Playable, although you'll mostly spam Rank 4/7 dudes with the occasional Hysteric Party alpha strike.
>>
>>134663995
>that lack of till in the A
>>
File: 33665464.jpg (286 KB, 1600x1900) Image search: [Google]
33665464.jpg
286 KB, 1600x1900
Has he Duel Terminal story line been continued ever since the Evilswarm were killed?

I know there is stuff like the Nekroz or Shaddols that are based on on the DT archetypes but I haven't heared about a more or less coherent story about them yet.
DT anime fucking when?
>>
>>134668591
No. They got some new support a while back, but not enough to be competitive.

>>134668597
The pieces are limited and most cards that allowed you to draw/search him out are either limmited or banned. Exodia is now just a solitaire deck that relies on luck and your oponent not fucking you over, so it's rarely used, especially since players that use it are despised because it's boring
>>
>>134668597
Exodia just got more support, no one plays it because it's the most boring deck in the world and it's not as consistent as it should be to justify being so boring.
>>134668730
Tierra murdered everyone, the end.
>>
>>134668688
>Hysteric Party alpha strike
What the fuck card is that?
>>
File: Exodia_necross.jpg (95 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
Exodia_necross.jpg
95 KB, 400x580
>>134668597
>>
>>134668770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvIigNbM82k
>>
>>134668730
Nekroz/Shaddols are the sequel of DT. You can guess the storyline from card arts.
>>
This was the biggest asspull win in Yugih history
>You have no way of winning Yugi, you have 0 cards in your hand and field, I control a 2800 ATK monster, you only have 100 life points and I have a 10000 life points. hahaha!
>You´re gonna lose Noah! My turn! I topdeck Card of Sanctity! I draw 6! I conveniently drew Polymerization, 2 copies of BEWD, Monster Reboen, that card that lets fusions attack the turn they´re summoned AND De-Fusion! I revive another BEWD with Monster Reborn, use Polymerization to summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, use the spell to attack your monster, then use De-Fusion to summon 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons and attack with them! I win!
Seriously, it was such bullshit, if he had drawn literally anything else he would have lost
>>
>>134668346
When will we have a non-2500 atk protagonist ace? Makes me feel autistic for not having one.
>>
>>134668903
You can always tell when Yugi's about to use Card of Sanctity.
>>
>>134668903
It seems you don't believe in the heart of cards
>>
>>134668960
When Gx started Judai didn't have a 2500 ace monster
>>
>>134668960
GX and 5Ds tried to get an "alt-ace" in there, but it just didn't work for them, I guess, even though the alternate aces were almost always better. Flame Wingman is leagues better than anything Neos shits out, and Junk Warrior is much better in Yusei's deck than Stardust Dragon (although at least Stardust didn't ruin Yusei's deck until Part 2).

ZeXal carried on the tradition started in 5Ds (although technically started with Neos) with the ace having a bunch of upgrades.

Arc-V is weird, since the MC is not only working with his own ace and it's upgrades, but is also working with his alternate universe counterparts' aces as well, and getting upgrades for them. He's also got 2 secondary aces (one for his primary archetype and a Synchro)
>>
>>134668960
>Winged Kuriboh had 2500 atk
No
>>
>>134669256
How is Zexal's story, just starting 5Ds and I want to know if I should jump to Arc-V instead of watching Zexal (I continue hearing is bad)
>>
>>134669491
Its beginning is pretty bad.

How much you like ZEXAL depends on how much do you like Yuma.
Try to watch first 2 episodes. If you like Yuma, ZEXAL should be a blast.
>>
>>134668903
>This was the biggest asspull win in Yugoih history
What about that match where Kaiba straight up hacked the field to let Yugi, who was otherwise losing completely legit, win?
>>
>>134661990
It's literal garbage
>>
File: TranscendentWingsCRV-EN-R-1E.jpg (71 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
TranscendentWingsCRV-EN-R-1E.jpg
71 KB, 400x580
>>134669288
>>
>>134668903
Every yugi match is asspull
>>
File: vector.webm (397 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vector.webm
397 KB, 1280x720
>>134669491
Zexal is pretty mixed.

Most of the first part is shit. It starts to get pretty good in Zexal 2 once pic related shows up but Yuma stays shit all the way through the series.
>>
>>134669288
Winged Kuriboh? I don't think Judai even used it at any point in Season 3 or 4 except for the Yugi duel.

At least Flame Wingman was used regularly eventhough it just jobbed for Neos.
>>
>>134669491
It's shit. It's really shit. Even when the plot's good it's got the depth of a Saturday Morning Cartoon. The writing forces it so that the MC can never actually lose a game ever. The rival(s) are pretty baller but the show refuses to give them as much focus as they deserve and instead focuses on the antics of the genuinely retarded MC and his really fucking annoying clutch of cardboard cutouts that pass for friends.

The first 20 episodes or so are outright unwatchable because it's all really badly written Numbers of the Week shit. The rest of the first half is hit or miss depending on how much Anna or Archlight it contains (with the exception being the Marik-wannabe Tron, who has the most infuriating duels in the series). The second half is better, but it's a case of too little, too late, as you had to deal with about 60+ episodes of "It's shit" before you get to the "now it's watchable" part.

The show suffers from having a lot of potential in characters but squandering their time on the ones that aren't interesting. Even when they manage to MAKE said irritating cardboard cutouts interesting, it's usually for a small snippet of a scene and we never hear of the incident again.

Anna and III are best girls, any duel with IV in it will be at least watchable and likely enjoyable, and any duel with Kaito in it will probably be decent unless it's a Tron duel. Only enjoyable if you really like chunni shit, since the primary enjoyment of this series is derived from how absurdly hammy some of the characters get.

Do not watch dubbed.
>>
Putting plot armor aside, I always thought Yugi was the top duelist (in universe) not because of his cards, but because of his play-style. From what I remember he tends to use his oppenents' cards against them in some manner, or tricking them into doing one thing and then pulling the rug from out under them.

His deck seems to be a decent control type that's supposed to take advantage of his opponents' cards and shift into a late-game assault.

When taking that kind of approach into the real game, it's tough to pull off a win with those cards because of how naturally faster the game has progressed. Many of Yugi's cards (primarily spells and traps) purposely slow or stun the offensiveness of the opponent's cards until he has them where he wants, then pulls some shit out of left field to win.
>>
>>134669623
When did that happen? I watch the full anime and I can't remember that
>>
>>134669813
>When did that happen?
Yugi was battling a Kaiba clone that had Kaiba's deck while Kaiba was supposed to be dead?

It was the Duel Kingdom arc, IIRC after the destroy the moon asspull but before the destroy the levitation ring asspull.
>>
>>134669788
Yugi was good at mind games and that helped him win a lot of shit.

That said, he never would've won many of his games if he hadn't ripped the perfect card at the precisely-needed moment.
>>
>>134668769
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteric_Party
>>
>>134669813
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_-_Episode_010
>>
>>134669881
Oh, that time I was thinking in something completely different

>>134669899

Yugi vs Mai, the first time where he actually accepted he couldn't win
>>
>>134661990
Dude it's like the worst shit ever. I restarted playing yugi recently and the new decks are crazy, with the Kozmo you can summon like 2 3000atk monsters in the first turn and they even destroy your shit, then if you kill the fuckers they'll spawn another 2800atk fuckers and this shit goes on for turns.
Yugi had to work his ass off, sacrifice two monsters and sell his momma for a nigga mgician with 2500atk and no effect. With 10 bucks you can buy a deck 20 times stronger than his shit
>>
>>134669881
>>134670007
The manga version was much more bullshit.
Blue Eyes White Dragon growing a conscience and disappearing after Kaiba wakes up from his coma at the exact same second the fake was going to attack is a pretty damn huge coincidence
Scene was still great though
>>
Don't forget Yugi and Atem were lucky, and were notorious cheaters, anon
>>
>>134670078
>Blue Eyes White Dragon growing a conscience and disappearing
Didn't the anime do that exact same bullshit but with Dark Magicians in the buzz saw match?
>>
>>134670103
Yeah, but that was also in the manga
The asspull, on a technical level, was mostly one of Yugi's magic cards somehow also applying to dark magicians in the opponent's graveyard for no reason at all
>>
>>134663795
But penguin soldier targets
>>
>>134670103
The conditions were different but yeah they did the same
>>
>>134663368
The anime Obelisk can't be destroyed by traps. It's legal. The real life card game Obelisk can't be targeted but can be destroyed. So it's legal only due to special anime effects.
>>
Anyone have an idea what those cards were at the end if the 2nd teaser? I know the fifth one shown was Blue Eyes Alt. but the other ones look new
>>
>>134670241

Does the legal version still gets infinite ATK?
>>
>>134669899
Oh yeah definitely. The little dude had like a natural 20 in luck. Plus being the main character helps.

I guess the main point I was trying to make is that even if his amazing draw power was taken away, he'd still be a pretty skilled duelist based on his sheer wits. I don't think his cards are supposed to be absolutely top-tier. It was just the way he used them that made them seem more powerful than they really are. Even if it wasn't entirely spelled out to the viewer, Yugi always came off of as a player who was thinking 3-5 steps ahead.

This is all just my interpretation though.
>>
>>134670294
No, I think it Raigeki's your opponent instead like it did in some of the games.
>>
>>134669256
If anything the presence of Enlightenment Paladin bodes well for Yugo's continued existence since Yuya doesn't have to nom him for a synchro ace.
>>
>>134670292
Gandora X

New Gaia Fierce Knight

Lemon Magician Girl
>>
>>134670457
Those names though...
>>
>>134670420
If you want a deck that's about mind-gaming your opponent and getting 3 steps ahead, play D/D/Ds. They get to play everything but Rituals and you get to feel really satisfied after basically any game that you win with them.
>>
What kind of deck will the new Egyptian Bad guy use?
It better not be as disapointing as Paradox' Malefics
>>
>>134670590
But Sins were the best deck ever created, made from all the best cards ever created.
>>
File: YGO-002_Die_game.png (97 KB, 430x390) Image search: [Google]
YGO-002_Die_game.png
97 KB, 430x390
>>134670420
>The little dude had like a natural 20 in luck
>luck
>implying
>>
So, what are the best decks?
>>
>>134670633
>Strongest cards
>Uses Red-Eyes Black Dragon
>>
The movie is set for april, how long till we get it?
>>
>>134662012
It'd still be shit even if he could draw the card he wanted,excluding Exodia. But exodia is lost in the sea anyway.
>>
>>134670633
It's surprising that he didn't wait and capture Blue Eyes Ultimate. If he waited Zane to Future Fusion a Cyber End, he can wait for Kaiba to top deck 3 Blue Eyes cards and a Poly.
>>
>>134670573
I agree. I haven't actually tried the deck out myself, but from the videos I've seen of it in action it looks pretty fun.
>>
>>134670677
I used to play a risky "Lightsworn" deck, but that's not for people who don't believe in the heart of cards
>>
>>134670590
Skyblasters extended to a full archetype.
>>
>>134670677
Ojama
>>
>>134670677
the ones with birds
Not even kidding
>>
>>134670805
>Lightsworn
>risky
While it's true that you can mill spells, traps and banish your entire deck if the opponent uses Macro Cosmos, having a grave full of monsters isn't always bad.
>>
>>134663721
Except traps like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis
>>
>>134670677
Whatever can access the Rank 4 toolbox the easiest while simuntaneously punishing the opponent for even hoping to play Yugioh.

The meta's kinda really cancer right now since we're in the part where Konami has realized that they can just print really overpowered stuff using the new mechanic and go completely overboard with the power creep.
>>
>>134670883
Forgot to qoute you >>134670241
>>
>>134670878
I always loved luck-based decks, I would like to get an "Arcana Force" deck to play with my friends in a not competitive way
>>
>>134670883
Kaiba was so godamn based.
>>
File: JudgmentDragon-SDLI-EN-C-1E.png (374 KB, 309x450) Image search: [Google]
JudgmentDragon-SDLI-EN-C-1E.png
374 KB, 309x450
>>134670805
>>
File: SolemnWarning-SDSE-EN-C-1E.png (374 KB, 310x450) Image search: [Google]
SolemnWarning-SDSE-EN-C-1E.png
374 KB, 310x450
>>134671122
>>
>>134671122
You'd better swing for game right fucking now because if I get to live you will lose.
>>
>>134670933
>ban old overpowered shit
>introduce new overpowered shit
>print money
>repeat ad infinitum
The absolute madmen.
>>
File: 1449584038521.jpg (4 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1449584038521.jpg
4 KB, 124x120
>>134671122
>When you're getting your shit pushed and you just draw a lolJudgment Dragon

I fucking love this nigga
>>
File: seven.jpg (9 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
seven.jpg
9 KB, 186x271
>>134671209
>>
>>134671286
>tfw exciton banned
>>
File: DarkBribe-BP03-EN-C-1E.png (345 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
DarkBribe-BP03-EN-C-1E.png
345 KB, 308x450
>>134671304
>>
>>134671329
thank
fucking
GOD
>>
File: 12320719_f260.jpg (37 KB, 260x377) Image search: [Google]
12320719_f260.jpg
37 KB, 260x377
>>134671381

I accept you win my good sir but just before we end this....
>>
>>134671452
>I should be able to overextend with no repercussions
>>
absolute shit actually
>>
>>134671554
>I should be able to fuck over anyone at anytime for no cost
>>
File: GreatMajuGarzett-DR1-EN-C-UE.png (470 KB, 356x520) Image search: [Google]
GreatMajuGarzett-DR1-EN-C-UE.png
470 KB, 356x520
Is this card good? Or is it banned?
>>
File: DiceJar-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png (747 KB, 446x646) Image search: [Google]
DiceJar-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png
747 KB, 446x646
>>134668103
>Not playing Dice Jar
It's like you don't want to see your opponent freak out
>>
>>134671588
It was shit since it was out
>>
File: EffectVeiler-SDSE-EN-C-1E.png (378 KB, 310x450) Image search: [Google]
EffectVeiler-SDSE-EN-C-1E.png
378 KB, 310x450
>>134671588
It depends, if you can tribute your opponent's monsters then it's useful. If I use pic related then no.
>>
>>134671630

I didn't know about this card, I should get one for my non-competitive deck
>>
File: ComicHand-DRL2-EN-ScR-1E.png (1 MB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
ComicHand-DRL2-EN-ScR-1E.png
1 MB, 540x800
>tfw based Konami adds Toon support
>tfw the deck is now exactly the same as pegasus
It's still shit but I don't care, winning using this card is glorious
>>
>>134671730

I thought Toon World was banned, I seriously need to see the current ban list
>>
>>134671730
The main problem Toons have is the lack of good monsters, especially low-level ones.
Konami has trolled us 2 sets in a row by releasing new Toon monsters, but making them of high level monsters that suck and nobody asked for: Toon Barrel Dragon and Toon Buster Blader.
>>
>>134671875
>toon world
>banned
Nigger it was shit even 10 years ago,if you saw the current banlist you probably wouldn't recognize anything aside exodia
>>
>>134669256
Flame Wingman was less of an alt ace, and more of Judai's favorite card (lolYubel), and Junk Warrior was basically the pinnacle of Yusei's entire dueling phylosophy.
They were still played prominently, I mean, fuck the second to last fusion Judai plays in his series is Shining Flare Wingman (having already summoned Flare Wingman in that duel), and Yusei caps off 5D's by scrap fisting Red Dragon's ass
>>
>>134671904
That's how they said: "This thing is still too powerful, let's add more high level monster for it"
The moment they add 2-3 low level toons it will be wonderful
>>
>>134671586
Exciton only fucks you in the ass if you were dumb enough to blow your load without killing the other guy.
>>
>>134671904
The deck is still shit regardless since in the current meta you can't hope to keep one card on the field for more than a turn without the opponent destroying it. Even putting protection like field barrier is very luck-dependant and it ggives you at best 2-3 more turns until toon world/kingdom gets destroyed.
>>
>>134671992
2-3 level would be useless since toons have no synchro or xyz. A strong level 4 like toon gemini elfs would indeed be nice.
>>
>>134671999
Oh, you mean I'm supposed to pass my first turn?
No seriously the meta was so screwed up at that point that if you went first you were fucked
>Summon your stuff and set S/T to counter anythign opponent will summon
>Get Exciton'ed, die
>>
>>134671939
Winged Kuriboh is Jaden's partner
Elemental HERO is Jaden's guardian
Yubel is Jaden's other half and if you a perv, Lover
Elemental HERO Flame Wingman is his favorite card.

That's always how I saw it.
>>
File: InzektorHornet.png (261 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
InzektorHornet.png
261 KB, 300x441
>>134661990
Not even a little. Even against a low tier archetype nowadays it wouldn't do very well. Can you even imagine the slaughter it would face against Inzektors?
>>
>>134672115
If you're going first you're supposed to make a unbreakable lock or set a couple of traps and pass.
>>
>>134672271
>couple of traps and pass.
>couple
>set more than 1 and you get Exciton'ed
>>
>>134672115
>Summon your stuff and set S/T to counter anything opponent will summon
>can't counter exciton
>blowing your load on the first turn
Gee anon
>>
File: 1349051896868.jpg (565 KB, 1981x2788) Image search: [Google]
1349051896868.jpg
565 KB, 1981x2788
>>134670677
>>
>>134670633
Why did he try and kill Pegasus AFTER he already created Duel Monsters? All he did was prevent Pegasus from showing up in GX, so his plan wouldn't have worked even if he had won the duel
>>
>>134672209
>Like Inzektor
>Like Worms
>Like Aliens
>Like Iswarm
>They aren't really useful at all against major decks
>>
>>134672484
>why glow-up bulb and spore are banned
They aren't.
>>
File: 1350336514056.jpg (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1350336514056.jpg
67 KB, 600x800
>>134672723
Its an old image I think
>>
>>134663664
Nope. That was Heart of the Underdog.
It wasn't just a full monster deck, it was full of normal dragon monsters except for Spirit Ryu.
Pretty shitty card anyway. You just get to draw another card if you draw a normal monster and reveal it. And Spiirit Ryu worked different in the anime too. +1000 Atk for every dragon type you discard. Granted, that is rather OP as fuck back then. Real one only allows you to discard 1 dragon card for 1000.
>>
File: It was Shadi.jpg (69 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
It was Shadi.jpg
69 KB, 1024x735
>>134672624
Killing Pegasus before he created Duel Monsters wouldn't have made any difference either.
Because Shadi would still be around.
Shadi is the true mastermind behind the entire series, he's the one who basically brainwashed Pegasus into doing his biding. If Pegasus had died, Shadi would have picked some other rich guy to revive the shadow games in the modern era.
All death and desruction caused by card games are his fault.
>>
>>134672877
>he's the one who basically brainwashed Pegasus into doing his biding.
Uh,no. While Shadi was the one to give him the eye, Pegasus willfully decoded to take it and use it for his own goal.
>>
>>134672115
>getting Exciton'ed that easily
Just don't set too much. I usually don't play 4 facedowns on the first turn.
>>
File: Yuto.png (248 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
Yuto.png
248 KB, 500x551
>>134672271
"I set 5 cards face down and that's all"
Is that enough?
>>
File: D-074_Millennium_Eye_lick.jpg (57 KB, 300x255) Image search: [Google]
D-074_Millennium_Eye_lick.jpg
57 KB, 300x255
>>134673020

Didn't Pegasus die anyway after "Duelist Kingdom" arc? In the manga Bakura killed him, right?
>>
File: what_happened.jpg (107 KB, 736x960) Image search: [Google]
what_happened.jpg
107 KB, 736x960
>>134672756
>>
>>134672624
Pegaus dying early would have actually doomed the world. Without Pegasus, there would be no Rainbow Dragon, so Judai and co would have been stuck in another dimension, meaning nobody could stop Darkness from Matrixing everyone in Season 4.
Good job Paradox
>>
>>134672484
I don't see the problem
>>
>>134672209
>>
>>134672756
I just wanted to say that Plant Synchro is quite bad deck now.
>>
This is now an underrated card thread
>>
Remember when Yuma's deck was actually god-tier in the meta?

On a side note, I don't think Yusei's deck was ever good
>>
>>134674825
Synchro spam was actually quite good at some point, Drill Warrior pitching Dandy was a pain in the ass back in the day.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.