[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunter X Hunter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: hunter x hunter.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hunter x hunter.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
I have some questions about this that led me unsatisified:
Why the hell is Kite still alive? Why was the last arc handled so damn poorly with an election no one gives a fuck about when we should be focusing on getting closure for all the characters?
Why are we left with Gon totally devastated in the darkest the show has ever gone and yet the solution to this is a deus ex machina Genie wish generator, instead of having Gon work it out halfway himself. There's no aftermath to this at all, just Gon who bounces back 100% happy as he was, no quiet scene with Kiluwa where Gon apologizes and then slowly rebuilds himself to slowly become himself again. It's like there's no lasting consequences of this whole ordeal

The show did really bring home the central thing about the show for me with the ending though, which is this feeling of endless adventure and always wanting to see what's around the next corner, which the show handled perfectly. That's also why I digged the earlier arcs since they coincided with that a lot more, and why this ant arc felt too slow and irrelevant to me, and once it had dig itself into the darkness it had, it just decided to cheat itself out of it, instead of slowly having our characters ascend out of it and show some bittersweet ending instead of the 100% positive inconsequential one we got.
>>
It's not the end.
>>
>>134584279
I was led to believe that this was a finished show before I started it, but it seems I was wrong. So this is a shonen that's going for the hundreds and hundreds of episodes then? I still think my points above stand if that's the case.
>>
>>134584499
The anime is finished, not the manga.
Welcome to the hiatus.
>>
>>134584223
since 2011 till now we have 9 chapters,enjoy the ride kid
>>
File: curtis mad.jpg (43 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
curtis mad.jpg
43 KB, 220x331
>>134584548
>>134584680
Mfw decide to be an anime scrub and avoid any unfinished shit
>Mfw I still fall into the trap with Ippo and Hunter
God fucking damnit. I don't want this pain. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
>>
>>134584499
The fuck anon? This series is famous for having an author who is constantly on hiatus. It's not going on for hundreds of episodes, the anime is over, and we'd be lucky if the manga ever gets another chapter.

https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/

The manga has started the next arc, in which Alluka is relevant (not just a plot device), Gon and Killua are still separated and their relationship hasn't been mended, and Gon still has no nen. It's too soon to know how easily resolved those plot points will be, and you might have misinterpreted it a bit if you think Gon is back to happy already. He was putting on a brave face for his and Killua's split.
>>
>>134584765
>Gon and Killua are still separated and their relationship hasn't been mended, and Gon still has no nen
so the "closure" is a show invention then? It's made clearer in the manga that they haven't made up and that Gon is still in pain? I think either way they handled it poorly, so many episodes wasted in the last arc(which I hated btw, the damn pink koala hitman having his monologue as if I'm supposed to give a fuck and take it seriously and Kite surviving instead of having him stay dead, introducing the girl transformation like that was also so strange and something that they, again could have developed more instead of spending all this time on the election no one gives a damn about).

I feel like this show is only good when viewed from arc to arc, with the last arc being a real stinker that ruins the ant arc for me if viewed together.
>>
>>134585031
It's faithful to the manga, but it wasn't originally intended to be closure for the series as a whole. It was just a segue from one arc to the other, so it was wrapping up plot points from that arc.

I honestly have no clue where Togashi plans to go with Kite and the koala, they seemed out of nowhere in the manga too. I didn't particularly like that but the election itself was good, it's an interesting and unusual storyline for a battle manga and Pariston is gonna be a god tier villain.
>>
File: Killua_misses_his_target.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Killua_misses_his_target.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Killua is cute!
>>
>>134588710
Absolute cancer.
>>
>>134584223
First off, there's no telling if everything is fine with Alluka. The fact that she's been set up to do practically anything at a rapid fire, without having use limitations like the dragon balls means Togashi has something planned to keep her from solving absolutely everything every time things get dire. For all we know, that wish really will have an aftershock, but it's been delayed.

Second, Gon did change. It's subtle, but that's a good thing. The entire reason he was so crazed over Kite was his self centered belief that by virtue of being himself, he could always protect anyone close to him and things would just work out. It's happened in all of the previous arcs. This was the first time things were outside of his control, and he projected the outcome entirely on himself. He didn't blame Kite for not properly assessing the situation or not keeping his attention fully on Pitou during the attack. He didn't blame Killua for having been in the exact same position as Gon, but also making sure that neither could back Kite up. He only blamed himself for something he had no weight in to begin with.

Kite coming back facilitates that character growth. Gon saw that his actions were a huge problem for his friends, and that ultimately his transformation was completely futile. It reduces his efforts there to nothing more than a tantrum, and he's realized that. Both Gon and Killua have lost most of their motivations coming out of the election arc, with their friendship at a breaking point and Gon's mentality being brought down to earth a little. It's actually a pretty nice spot, since we don't know exactly how they'll shift as they progress.

...assuming Togashi starts writing again, of course.
>>
>>134591342
Wow, that's spot-on. It's rare to see a good post in HxH threads.
>>
>>134591342
>It's subtle, but that's a good thing
Thanks for the reply. I mean it's easy to say that he has "things planned" but we don't actually know that, and it was still strange to me how it all played out. I think having Gon heal by realizing the damage he did himself would have been a better way to go about things, also a gradual recovery. And I also don't see how Kite coming back facilitates character growth, I feel that Gon could have come to this conclusion with Kite staying dead.
>>
>>134592669
We absolutely know that he has something more planned with Alluka. Like I said, she's a completely unstable plot element and rather than shy away from her, in the mango he's doubled down on it with Illumi actively going after her and several more Ai existing in the Dark Continent. The anime doesn't do as good of a job pointing that out. Whether or not his future choices will actually good or if he should have shown his hand sooner are fully arguable though.

As for Kite, it's part of breaking Gon out of the main character mentality where he's the center of all action. Kite was resilient enough to weasel out of the situation without Gon's intervention, and it made Gon's near suicidal "revenge" fully pointless. Don't get me wrong, we could have gotten a similar effect without him coming back to life, but it still wasn't simply a cop out instead of leaving him dead.
>>
>>134593429
Well I hope you're right and we can see the effects in the future. It's just that the characters who I expected him to have a great emotional scene with upon meeting them he has already met and it didn't have a big impact it seems to me. Upon hearing that Kite was alive and Gon meeting him, I feel like it would have been in character for him to break down on the spot or something similar to that. Meeting Killua is also a moment which I was anticipating and that too turned out to be no closure. I know it's just my preference, but I can't help but feel that having Gon meet those characters and talk to them plainly and possibly push those developments forward to later episodes in favor of showing more of the election. I just don't think the way Gon bounces up from the hospital bed, seemingly back to normal and then the show finishing on a happy note of going on glorious adventure was the right way to do it. If indeed these confrontations with his friends and himself that you think he's repressing, I think it will be kind of jarring considering we left on such a happy note. I don't sense any lingering pain in that ending.
>>
File: 1446635833907.png (190 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
1446635833907.png
190 KB, 900x1300
>>134593866
>>
>>134594005
hmm, what are you trying to communicate with that page exactly? Because all of that relates to finding Ging. Do you mean to say that though it's not evdient in that particular page, Gon is now a lot more introspective and he will rethink his position the same way he does here about Killua and Kite later on? Seems like speculation again desu if that's what you mean
>>
>>134593866
It's difficult for me to recall everything since it's been a while, but I think the manga did a better job of showing that sort of impact. It was similar with showing Pariston's anguish over losing Netero. Either way, the fact that the anime was trying to have a definite ending of a sort and the manga has been so slow don't help with that.
>>
>>134588799
I want to marry anon!!!
>>
>>134588710
>implying he missed my heart
>>
>>134594168
I think anon is referring to Gon's self deprecating comment about not having the qualities of a son, it shows that he's recognising his flaws and has lost confidence, but tries to cover it up with jokes. He's always had a happy go lucky exterior with some issues behind it, and he's aware of them since Gon san.
>>
File: 1417992310886.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417992310886.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>134594740
>implying you have a heart.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.