[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the ending so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 21464.jpg (143 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
21464.jpg
143 KB, 1600x600
Why was the ending so shit?
>>
File: 1442393353866.jpg (146 KB, 493x500) Image search: [Google]
1442393353866.jpg
146 KB, 493x500
better than 90% of anime endings, good ones do barely exist
>>
How would you end it? I thought it was pretty good.
>>
Girl was shit, story was worse than 90% of the contestants
>>
This show had so much potential
>>
The whole anime was garbage.

There's a reason reddit thinks it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>134551405
more accurate to say there's a reason the bulk of 4chaners wouldn't like it. Dramas that have philosophical meaning are often unpopular with them
>>
File: 1442413982245.png (711 KB, 1600x2162) Image search: [Google]
1442413982245.png
711 KB, 1600x2162
>>134551306
story is shit because its shit. good argument, is this your first shitpost?
>>
The whole sub-plot that became the main-plot was fucking garbage, it would have been better 12 episodes with the ambiguity we got in death billiards with 12 different cases
>>
>>134552379
Truth
>>
>>134551534
You mean the show tries to be somewhat philosophical, but fails to fully consider what they're even talking about, in this case life, death, suicide, and afterlife. Thus leading to errors and inconsistencies in its message.

I prefer shows that don't even try to be philosophical, this way I can at least enjoy them in peace if they're fun, as opposed to shows that try to be philosophical and fails horribly, but gets praised by the thoughtful masses.

The problem with this show isn't that it tries to be a drama that is philosophical, it is that it ultimately fails to be an adequate inquiry into the subject that it tried to delve into. The writer obviously held certain presuppositions that were biased and flawed, but unexamined and held them to be truths.

The people who these shows are generally popular to are usually people who believe themselves to be smart and educated when in fact they're not, and think they know more than they really do.
>>
>>134552379
>>134552460
shit would get stale fast
I'm glad we got a behind the scenes plot in death parade, how their world works, balancing death game episodes with drama ones centered around the people that work there
It was short and sweet. The show was handled pretty well for its length
>>
>>134549280
The OP is the only really memorable thing about it. Wasted a lot of potential. It's attempts to subvert morality were held back by how basic both the presumed and actual cases were, and they didn't really think out the consequences to some of their world building.
>>
File: 49599387_p0_master1200.jpg (88 KB, 380x1200) Image search: [Google]
49599387_p0_master1200.jpg
88 KB, 380x1200
I enjoyed the whole thing, except for the shitpost threads on /a/.
>>
5-6/10.
btw 5/10 means average.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.