[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concrete Revolutio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1448869396364.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448869396364.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Is Jaguar a furry?
>>
How is this show so underwhelming?
It's a shame it is too.
The art style is cool.
The story and especially how it's presented is neat.
But like,
everything about it (except maybe the bizzare freakout ED) is just so utterly forgettable.
What makes me upset though, is I can't figure out why.
It should be great, but it's not.
The fuck is it missing?
>>
>>134531598
It's the directing. If the directing looks half as good as Darker than black then it would be a top notch show.
>>
>>134531598
Personally, I think it has to do with how it keeps jumping timelines for no reason. Its like it is trying to build up to something but there isn't nearly enough time for it. Its like every episode you are waiting for something to happen and nothing ever does.
>>
>>134531598
A continuous threat. There is no background villain we're looking forward to for the end of the season. Future-going-rogue guy is hardly shown enough in the future to even understand what's going on there.

Unless USA steps up as the big bad, all villains have been quickly defeated in the same episode they appeared.
>>
>>134531598
Because each episode they keep reminding us of the big plot twist, which results in the viewer not caring about the plot twist

They should have just had a small teaser in the first episode and left it at that.
>>
>>134532210
I dunno, I think it works. Arrow did something like that, and it worked for seasons 1 and 2. I just think that the general directing isn't good. How I met your mother did the same shit too, and that was when it was at it's best (when there was the mystery about the future).
>>
>>134532313
>>>/co/
>>
>>134532396
Good rebuttal
>>
>>134532717
Reference shows that aren't /co/ and maybe I would give you a better one.
>>
>>134532925
How I met your mother isn't /co/. And I can't think of an anime off the top of my head that has two separate timelines developing.

But there's Citizen Kane, Rashomon, Hiroshima Mon Amour, La Dolce Vita, Vanilla Sky, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and True Detective s1 who all employ this technique, and they all do it well.
>>
>>134533541
No one said that it can't be done well.
Just that this show is not.
>>
>>134532113
>A continuous threat. There is no background villain we're looking forward to for the end of the season.

Do the aliens doing shady shit in the background and have actually been the ones behind like half the episode plots not count?
>>
>>134533838
The post here >>134532210 pretty much says that though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.