[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Griffith trying to court Rickert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 18
File: 345435345.png (476 KB, 877x632) Image search: [Google]
345435345.png
476 KB, 877x632
Why does he even give a shit at this point? Is this being rationalized purely with the fetus-absorbtion plotpoint?
>>
File: old vs new.png (227 KB, 931x427) Image search: [Google]
old vs new.png
227 KB, 931x427
For those who are curious, the left is a banner at the battle of Doldrey

Personally, I prefer the new design. It's more streamlined and symmetrical. I think Rickert's being a bit of a nit picker about this.
>>
Griffith is trying to reconnect with the last positive thing from his previous life.
>>
>>134498270
>Griffith
Isn't he, for all intents and purposes, dead, though? Wasn't Femto born with Griffith basically sacrificing himself?
>>
>>134498269
He's saying "you're too perfect and you're not the Griffith I once followed".
Read between the lines.
>>
>>134498294
>>Isn't he, for all intents and purposes, dead, though?
Not quite, as this whole subplot illustrates. There is still a vestige of the old Griffith in there, the one that wants friends and companions rather than just loyal drones that must obey him.
>>
>>134498206
Griffith knows good boypussy when he sees it.
>>
>>134498302
You missed the joke.jpg

Additionally, regarding what is in between the lines here, if Mirua intentionally intended that specific inference by Rickert's comparison, he sure did not indicate it in the script. I think Miura just rather, as it was written, intended that line to indicate that Griffith was "different" from how he used to be, not that he was "better," or "more perfect."
>>
>>134498206
Griffith a SHIT
>>
File: ZnRi4VJ.jpg (332 KB, 1056x1200) Image search: [Google]
ZnRi4VJ.jpg
332 KB, 1056x1200
How can one kid be so based?
>>
>>134498206
So did he actually send that apostle to kill Rickert or was that something else?
>>
After sacrificing most of the people he cared about at all for the sake of power, Griffith wanted to retain whatever vestiges of his previous life and friendships by having Rickert by his side. Guts and Casca are both branded, chains of fate, and what have you.
>>
>>134499261
>implying Griffith did anything wrong
>>
>>134498270
And Rickert slapped him in the face.
>>
>>134500184
The apostle just happened to see that so he decided to kill him by himself. It's not like Griffith would go that out of his way because of a shitty slap.
>>
>>134498294
i wonder if jesus was a pretty as griffth after he died and came back
>>
>>134500285
>Griffith wanted to retain whatever vestiges of his previous life and friendships

Is that why he raped Casca while making Guts watch?

Never got that scene. It conflicted with Griffith's character before and also after. It seems like Miura just had that happen to make the plotpoint edgier.
>>
File: aBL5A5a.gif (999 KB, 430x298) Image search: [Google]
aBL5A5a.gif
999 KB, 430x298
Griffith wants everything he can get his hands on. Why wouldn't be try to appeal to Rickert?

Besides, it's not like he tried particularly hard. It almost seemed like he was making the offer as a courtesy (which would explain why his syncophant apostles were so pissed when he got S-S-S-S-S-SLAPPED)
>>
>>134502268
Sure? I don't remember that.
>>
>>134502701
I always took that as Griffith wanting revenge on Guts for making him forget about his dream. Branding everybody and getting 99% of them killed was his his ritual to become Godhand; raping Casca was personal...

...At least partially. He also needed to set up his reincarnation for later on.
>>
>>134502801
>I always took that as Griffith wanting revenge on Guts for making him forget about his dream.

Yet he had no quarrel with Guts when he came to visit him at the Hawk's graveyard.

>He also needed to set up his reincarnation for later on.
I don't remember it being implied that Griffith intended for the fetus to be involved with his reincarnation at all. Wasn't that a complete coincidence, that the behelit apostle found it and pitied it?
>>
>>134502701
I think that was Griffith just deciding to go the extra mile in his revenge on Guts for abandoning him and then taking Caska while he was absent. After all, shortly before the Eclipse it's shown that Griffith's plan had been all along to just settle down with Caska in case shit went south. He just never considered the possibility that if he kept courting someone else while ignoring Caska she might move on to someone else who's actually with her.

>>134502856
>Yet he had no quarrel with Guts when he came to visit him at the Hawk's graveyard.
Because by that point he just considers himself above Guts and anything he can do, so he's just like "whatever, don't care anymore". Either that or he might realize pretending he doesn't care is the worst insult possible at that point.
>>
File: hqdefaul.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefaul.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>134502856
>complete coincidence
>Berserk

If Griffith does end up getting killed by Guts I'm pretty sure it'll be because he subconsciously wanted it
>>
>>134502744
He was shown just after the slap watching form far away as he crushed part of the balcony in rage.
>>
>>134499537
I hate that I wasn't in /a/ to see the threads this caused
>>
File: 1418416091090.jpg (387 KB, 1456x1042) Image search: [Google]
1418416091090.jpg
387 KB, 1456x1042
>>
File: Untitled2.png (71 KB, 375x417) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
71 KB, 375x417
Are you guys trying to tell me that Griffith had knew that he would impregnate casca? How would he know that she would escape the eclipse and return to the mortal world with his kid?
>>
>>134504617
She didn't get pregnant from Griffith, she was pregnant beforehand from Guts, the fetus just got corrupted and fell off.
>>
>>134502701
That was so he could later use that fetus to have a new physical body, geez. Anyway, regarding Rickert, he just didn't care either way with him. He just wasn't important enough and wasn't sacrificed, and pretty much anyone who isn't dead, Guts or Caska and knew him before (the other knights commanders, the princess, her maid) is on his side. In fact what I find somewhat grating is that the princess just kind of forgets the fact that she saw Griffith, the state he was in, and all the menomations, like his tongue.
>>
>>134504198
Still hadn't seen this one yet. Thanks.
>>
>>134502924
You know, I always thought that Griffith actually pushed Caska Guts' way because he knew he'd be courting the princess eventually, to keep her sane. I mean it's not like Griffith couldn't have had all the Caska pussy he wanted back when they were mercenaries or even knights, and yet he never touched her all these years.
>>
>>134502744
Locus watches that and gets mad. So he's probaly the one who sent Rakshas, since that's not Griffith's style. Even though he's the kind to burn alive anyone getting on his way, Rickert is pretty much harmless to him. To me it looks like Griffith's just a little sad he didn't want to join him (and he understands perfectly why). But we're not 100% sure about it
>>
>>134504692
So it has 2 dads?
>>
>>134504963
I think he was so full of himself he never even considered Guts could have a chance with Caska. The whole "come on guys, I need you to be on good terms" feels to me more like a mix of actually wanting his top captains to be able to cooperate and trying to mantain his image as the leader and get them to like him more. Whatever the case, he certainly wasn't trying to push them together since Caska was his plan B.
>>
>>134505012
Honestly I can see him knowing they're going to kill Rickert and approving of it, after all "he can't have someone going around and spreading rumors about him", in his own words before killing that nobleman he had sex with for money.
>>
>>134505034
Sort of. It means his father is Guts (which is why it always appears in front of Guts, not of Griffith) but he's corrupted by Griffith... whatever the fuck that means exactly.
>>
>>134505133
Griffith never had a plan B, it was always kingdom or die for him. That illusion was one born of desperation, and the idea repulsed him so much he tried to kill himself with a sharp wood immediately after that. You can't possibly think that he even seriously considered it before if even his tongueless, tendonless self rejected the idea.
>>
File: 1448385795376.png (31 KB, 278x231) Image search: [Google]
1448385795376.png
31 KB, 278x231
>>134504198
I love this edits
>>
>>134498206
Rickert represents the last pure remnant of the original Band of the Hawk to Griffith. Winning him over and bringing him back to his side is a symbolic victory that shows that his sacrifice of the rest of the Band of the Hawk has been accepted and forgiven.
>>
Are there any good indie/fanmade Berserk games? Such as rogue likes or jrpgs?
>>
>>134507396
That is actually a very good interpretation.
>>
>>134504198
>original
*shuckle
>>
>>134505034
>>134505231
Kushan orkz are made the same way with pregnant women dipped in a tentacle rape sauce
>>
>>134507692
Makes it all the sweeter that he wound up getting BTFO.
>>
File: vol16Bers.png (651 KB, 2441x1800) Image search: [Google]
vol16Bers.png
651 KB, 2441x1800
Can we discuss the hypocite that is Guts?

>you can't go with me, loli, for my path is full of loneliness and cancer
>proceeds to acquire entire harem of children and women
>>
File: face bad.jpg (296 KB, 728x1119) Image search: [Google]
face bad.jpg
296 KB, 728x1119
shame miura draws eyes and faces really poorly now, now he might as well just write stories and skip the drawing bit
>>
>>134508182
At that moment, he was alone and his objective was to go out of his way to put himself in danger to kill apostles. When he started to take people in his objective was to heal Caska, and he needed someone to take care of her while he was fighting.

Also, I think I recall it was Farnese who went "I'm coming with you, like it or not".
>>
>>134508182
That was before he had to babysit Casca. Isidro proved himself actually useful, Farnese comes with a very versatile Serpico and has a friendly Roderick transport device and is herself training to become useful, Schierke is the most powerful member in the group given enough preparation time and also comes with another healbag-fairy, and mermaid loli was helpful underwater.
Only load so far is Magnifico. But he's magnificent.
>>
>>134508182

He does get his selfish personality toned down when he starts forming the Berserk Buddies, though.

I really like that development he receives
>>
File: xGrSu[1].jpg (461 KB, 764x1417) Image search: [Google]
xGrSu[1].jpg
461 KB, 764x1417
>>134504198
Is insulting someones bag in Berserk universe the biggest insult you can throw at them?
>>
>>134498206
Why does Griffith do anything? Really, ask yourself that.

Griffith presently lacks almost all emotion, is almost a god, and has no opposition. He doesn't have to do anything. Fulfilling his old dream probably isn't even satisfying.

He just does whatever because he can, don't think too hard about it. The only two people he cares for are Guts and Casca and that's not even really him, but residual miscarriage baby feelings.
>>
>>134502701
Here's the deal: that was FEMTO, Griffith transformed.

Not millennium falcon Griffith, bu Femto the Godhand. They are similar but not quite the same. Femto is a cunt, look at his first appearance in the manga. He's cocksure, obviously evil, and just a dick. Given this, and given how he was feeling just before he transformed, it makes perfect sense that he would want to make Guts Casca and Guts suffer before they were sacrificed completely.

Millennium Falcon Griffith is like..."idealized Griffith". He's like Jesus. He doesn't emote pretty much at all, seems very aloof. I'm not sure he's even ever smiled since being reborn. But yeah, he's not Femto. I'm not sure exactly how all this works, though. Both he and Femto are apparently not supposed to be able to feel anything anymore.
>>
>>134502955
It was fate, but nobody planned it.
>>
>>134504742
What are you talking about? Rickert was definitely important enough. He simply wasn't present for the sacrifice. If he had been, he would have been branded. Griffith cared about all his soldiers, even the no-names. You can only sacrifice what's important to you.
>>
>>134504617
Griffith didn't know shit. People are confusing fate/causality with intentions. It was fate that Griffith became a member of the Godhand, but it wasn't part of his plan- not in the slightest. Same goes for eventually using the demon baby to revive. He raped Casca out of spite, and it was fate that the corrupted child would become his vessel, but I guarantee you he didn't think of that at all. The only reason it was even used was since some apostle decided to take it, that's all.
>>
>>134505034
This was the only way he could have a child together with Guts.
>>
>>134508182
Its because of his talk with Goro when he was on his deathbed, telling Guts not to turn out like a lonly old fool like him.
That was the turning point for edgy Guts and the starting point of a more compassionate and open to having friends again.
>>
>>134502955
Or it'll be because of the idea of evil, since Guts will be the "evil" one in the eyes of the general population since he's a rampaging hound who came to kill their messiah.
>>
File: Roshine.jpg (127 KB, 727x947) Image search: [Google]
Roshine.jpg
127 KB, 727x947
Well, The band of the hawk was his baby until he fucked all of that up. Rickert is the last remaining member of his original band that he didn't fuck over (at least not directly). He remade the band of the hawk (or the falcon, whatever you want to call it), but now it's just a mockery, the same way apostles are all demons living mockeries of their fantasies. Remember the girl who wanted to be a fairy but even after the sacrifice, she ended up a moth-insect thing that's just a mockery of a fairy? Well, in Rickert, he saw a way of recapturing some of that reality he gave up to become Femto. The slap was a way to remind him that he really lost all of it and there's no going back to those days.

I'm honestly just waiting for him to grow tired of his mocked fantasy kingdom (his dream never came true, that place where he's living is just a mockery of his real dream), and for him to finally snap, accept his role as Femto, and proceed to let the apostles lose in the city for another "feast".
>>
File: Berserk_v12_p062.png (551 KB, 1214x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v12_p062.png
551 KB, 1214x1800
>>134505258
It wasn't the idea that repulsed him. He actually thought the idea wouldn't be a bad way to live. Just, after fantasizing he remembered the behelit (and that he allegedly had an incredible fate), looked at his body that was falling apart, laughed at his shit situation, and then tried to kill himself.
>>
>>134500303
I love this meme haha :)
>>
>>134508182
>I am ignoring character development.
>>
>>134511604
I think he has accepted his role as Femto a long time ago.
He is indeed a ruler of a kingdom, demon aswell as human, aswell as beeing a Godhand. We dont know what his plan is, if there even is one, but I mean, he was brought into the physical world to merge the astral with it as Femto, not to accuire his own kingdom as Griffith.
Thats kinda his sidequest if you wanna look at it that way, and now that he has done the merging he is free to persue whatever other wims or dreams he has, like creating his own kingdom.

Atleast thats how I see it.
>>
File: 1440261170684.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440261170684.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Rickert is literally the first being and human to lay hand on Griffith after the eclipse. No one else managed that, not even Ganishka.
I mean, Rickert bitchslapped a fucking God Hand.
absolute mad man
>>
File: Bagserk.jpg (108 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
Bagserk.jpg
108 KB, 640x484
You guys have nice bags
Don't come to Elfheim tomorrow...
>>
>>134511808
What you need to remember is that when he was "reborn" he was re-created in human form again by the egg of the world. ..and what was the egg of the world's wish?
>>
Griffith wants to believe that the old Band of the Hawk and the new Band of the Hawk are one and the same. It is part of his dream. He wanted to rise and become a great hero in a white castle. His dream failed and now he is a demon pretending to be a great hero in a white castle. Griffith wants Rickert to join him to reinforce his self-delusion that the whole sacrifice-people-to-demons thing never happened. Rickert rubs in Griffith's face that the badges are different as a way to say that the two band of the hawks are different organizations, which is ultimately why he wants nothing to do with Griffith's shit.
>>
>>134511910
I dont see how this changes anything?
All he did was aquire a husk for his soul, the same soul only now with more knowledge and fucking spacetimequantumpowers.
I think Femto is Griffith, only with the experiences and knowledge that comes with beeing a Godhand.
>>
>>134511856
What is that bag meme?
>>
>>134511292
I've only reach vol. 24, but isn't it to ensure both the Astral World and the Material World are both essentially ruled by the same entity?

"Master of the Wicked Black Sheep, Lord of the Blind White Sheep"?

It seems like they ARE the same person, but as two completely different sides of the coin. At least, that's my conjecture so far. I know I have a lot ahead of me that probably makes the distinction a lot more clear.
>>
What if Guts is given a new bag in Elfheim? What if he is presented with a magical bag? Maybe it can be a bag of holding. Maybe the bag can be stronger than Griffith. What if they put Griffith in the bag and he can't get out?
>>
>>134511910
we don't know I think. I mean the egg says something to Luca in the sense of "all human long for something, and that something is..." before scence switching. Whatever he meant by that is not 100% clear. I men yeah it involved bringing Griffith/ a God hand into the real world and thus severly damaging the balance of the astral/real world, but everything after was done by Griffith. Whether that is what the egg wanted, who knows
>>
>>134511604
That arc was pretty brutal, dead babies everywhere.
>>
>>134512063
Well, that's why I say "similar but not the same". The white and black falcon are considered two different entities in prophecy, and during the merging of the worlds it wasn't the White Falcon Griffith who encountered Ganishka, but Femto. Femto seems like pure evil, whereas the new Griffith is seemingly benevolent and almost divine. Of course, new Griffith still uses demons and rather than battling the shit he put into the world he's made only one safe haven while the globe can go and rot, but yeah, I can't help but see them as distinct personalities.
>>
>>134512006
>I dont see how this changes anything?
I think you're self-inserting into Griffith's character because that's what you would want for yourself, so you're trying very hard to convince yourself that this is normal and a good thing, but it's not. You're going to have to read the whole thing again, and analyze each apostle objectively to see what really happened to Griffith and how everything going on around him right now is just a "fake version" of his original dream. I'm trying to guide you, but you're self-inserting too hard. You need to see things objectively, not just try to convince yourself with your own fan-fiction that "this is the coolest thing ever that anyone could ever wish for!".
>>
>>134512184
Knowing how devious Griffith is, it most likely is playing into the eventual collapse between the two worlds, of which he'll rule.

I mean, what's better? Ruling a kingdom in the material world, or ruling a brand new world, a world of which you are king of?

Remember, ambition is Griffith's strength and weakness. I can't imagine he would be smart enough to settle for a simple human kingdom after starting all of the crap that's happened so far.
>>
>>134512130
>Whatever he meant by that is not 100% clear
I can't help you understand this manga if you brush pivotal moments aside like they don't mean anything, just in favor of fooling yourself because you keep self-inserting, and using Griffith as some sort of immature self-masturbation power trip device to feed your own ego and your own fantasies. Are you one of those silly edgy faggots who likes to type "griffith did nothing wrong"?
>>
>>134512256
What in the fuck are you talking about nigger?
Self-inserting and what the fuck not?

Look here.
Im not disputing anything about his "dream" beeing fake or anything like that, what Im saying is that Femto is Griffith, only modified.

Read the "lost chapter" again, while some argue its not canon, I would dispute that for the sole reason of its removal. It revealed too much too early, Miuras own words.

Now in this chapter, we see Griffith sinking deep into the abyss, losing parts of himself as he is sinking and when he reaches the Idea of Evil he is much like Guts inside his armor when he loses control, void of a ego, apart of a torrent of Od.
As he speaks with the Idea of Evil, he rebuilds, the holes in his body fills up and he regains his ego fully.

What I argue here, is what he lost wasnt his personality as he was beeing changed, it was his humanity. His feelings, his compassion for others and whatever other thoughts he had about the physical world that was incorrect.

I have no idea what you are talking about with shit like
>so you're trying very hard to convince yourself that this is normal and a good thing, but it's not.

>I'm trying to guide you, but you're self-inserting too hard

You either responded to the wrong post or completly misinterpited everything I said.
>>
>>134511292
I think Femto and idealized Griffith are exactly the same person. Griffith is still a rapist in a batman suit on the inside. He became a demon so he could achieve his dream of pretending to be a hero.
>>
>>134512492
its not rape if she wants it
I thought this is common knowledge by now
>>
>>134498206
Havent read in a while, but is that actually Griffith?
Because he ressurected as a demon, raped Caska and let his comrades become lunch, and now all of a sudden he is a good guy again?
>>
>>134512469
You've got issues bro. Take a chill pill.
>>
>>134512583
>Havent read in a while,
you should have a nice back log of like 10 chapters from the last 5 years.
>>
>>134512539
It IS rape if she wasn't consenting, and she sure as fuck wasn't consenting. That's why it broke the shit out of her.

It's clear Caska would have normally accepted it any day of the week, and those feelings absolutely remained. Hence the clearly blatant storm in her expression. It was something she has always wanted, always coveted, but not like this. Not in this context, by this man (Griffith was dead to everyone at this point), and not surrounded by horrible monstrosities that tore apart and devoured everyone she knew and trusted well.

It was rape. It was more complicated than just saying it was rape, but it was still rape. This shitty meme needs to die already.
>>
>>134512583
>good guy
What kind of good guy deliberately fucks the entire world just so they can play king?
>>
>>134512583
It's a major theme of the story that the bad guy pretends to be a white-cape hero while the good guy looks like a black-cape villain. The scene that you see in the OP leads to the boy slapping Griffith because he knows what he really is.
>>
>>134512705
she wants it = she wants it
sure the timing was unfortunate but other than that griffith did nothing wrong
>>
File: consent forms.jpg (48 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
consent forms.jpg
48 KB, 500x270
>>134512705
of course it was rape, Griffith didnt get Caska to sign the consent form.
>>
>>134505177
yeah, but that was way before he became the Antichrist
>>
File: CcENGiD.png (297 KB, 613x376) Image search: [Google]
CcENGiD.png
297 KB, 613x376
>>134512583
Pretty much summing things up, there was an apostle who became the egg of the world and even had his own mocked godhand eclipse event, Griffith used that opportunity to be reborn into the world and resume the pursuit of his dream, and he founded Falconia.

The creepy thing is that the buildings in Falconia are a perfect match for the ruins of Gaiseric's old underground kingdom that was litered with bodies of people who were sacrificed in a past event. Foreboding perhaps?
>>
>>134513153
Whaaat?
You honestly think that it was the fucking EGG that made his own little Eclipse?
You cannot be this fucking far gone man.
It was casuality that the Egg was there, it was casuality that all that suffering was at that point as the two branded also arrived.
It was fate woven for this exact event to happen by the Idea of Evil to get Femto into the physical world, not some farse by a worldhating apostle.

You say this shit like Griffith didnt know this was going to happen and just happened to stumble upon the opportunity to get back to the physical world.

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Incarnation_Ceremony
>>
>>134513153
>Foreboding perhaps?
Or evidence of TIME TRAVEL? The kingdom of Falconia will be sent to the past and Griffith was Gaiseric all along, wake up sheeples.
>>
>>134513393
>farse
farce
>>
File: goAzfJg.png (247 KB, 521x465) Image search: [Google]
goAzfJg.png
247 KB, 521x465
>>134513436
Doubtful. It is rumored that the skull knight is a sacrifice who survived that event, and that Void was the one who caused it. I just find it creepy and foreboding, that Griffith somehow unearthed that dead kingdom to redecorate it as Falconia.
>>
>>134513798
Doubt Skullknight is a sacrifice, but more Gaiseric who saw his kingdom beeing brought to ruins by the Godhand and woved to fight them til the bitter and, as he did using the Berserker armor and turned into what he is today.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.