[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite CB episode, /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: lead_large.jpg (58 KB, 615x384) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
58 KB, 615x384
What's your favorite CB episode, /a/?
>>
24 now fuck off
>>
>The one where they all accidentally get high as fuck on the mushrooms and Spike spends hours climbing the same steps on some stairs
>The one where Ed joins the crew
>The one where Ed leaves the crew
>The ALIEN one where an old sandwich in a fridge becomes sentient almost kills them all
>>
>>134477967
Ep 24 is the only answer you will get.
>>
The one where SPIKE DIES!
>>
>>134478098
>The ALIEN one where an old sandwich in a fridge becomes sentient almost kills them all

This one. Fucking wonderful. Mushrooms is great too.
>>
The Alien homage episode.
>>
The last 3.
>>
Mushroom Samba
Pierrot le Fou
Waltz for Venus
Ganymeade Elegy
>>
Pierre Le Fou or whatever its called.

The last 3 have too much feels. ;_;
>>
Black dog serenade
>>
Jupiter Jazz
Pierrot le Fou
The last three episodes
>>
File: 1200[1].jpg (136 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200[1].jpg
136 KB, 1200x675
When I was younger it was Ballad of Fallen Angels. I still like it, but most of the dialogue makes me cringe.

THIS is the new hotness. Not just because of the video at the end (which, despite also having somewhat wonky writing, makes me tear up), but also because of Spike and Jet exploring an abandoned mall, which had some of the best detail and atmosphere in the series. I also liked the moments that showed Faye had really grown fond of the crew. Other than the ending, it was one of the most subtle episodes in an already subtle series (which does not get nearly enough credit).
>>
I dont want to talk about this series in a "which episodes did you like" mindset

I loved nearly every episode. It would be far better to say "which episode did you not like?"

And the only episode I didnt like was Boogie Woogie Feng Shui. One blip in an otherwise great series.
>>
File: vincent.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vincent.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
I lost two things on Titan...
>>
>>134478710
I love every episode that takes place on the post-apocalyptic Earth to be honest

Cowboy Bebop's setting and lore was fucking amazing, if only because they didn't hamfistedly have someone explain it to the viewer in a 5 minute exposition speech
>>
>>134478814
The movie's plot wasn't that great. But man, visually is far above the rest of the series.
>>
Ballad of Fallen Angels.
>>
Wild Horses (Space Shuttle ep)
Mushroom Samba
>>
Wild Horses and Jupiter Jazz.
>>
>>134478996
>>134479093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTMw7rEsDk
>>
>>134478905
Its visually far better than most animated things ever. It was a really fucking good looking movie.
>>
The one where they kill that immortal kid. Its what made me realize the show's about super humans and how they gravitate to each other and form good and bad groups. And then its the responsibility of the good ones to take care of the bad ones.

By super I don't mean magical or anything, but just something that improves upon the basic human form in some way.
Example: Faye isn't immortal, but she ages so slowly that she damn near is, thats why she's the only one who survived the cryotube. SHe's basically like the kid except that her incident was with much a much less advanced form of the tech.

Spike has been experimented on and improved by the syndicate.

Jet has been modified by the government.

Ed is forced evolution by the changes in earths environment.

Ein is a super genious experiment escapee.

And almost every bounty they go for has some advanced tech, drug, medicine, disease or person above the normal level that they feel inclined to take care of.
>>
File: hbbjbkbhj.jpg (104 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
hbbjbkbhj.jpg
104 KB, 500x489
>>134479230
>>
File: 2015-12-07_18-35-35.png (604 KB, 510x605) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-07_18-35-35.png
604 KB, 510x605
>>134478710

Do your best! Don't lose me! Don't you lose! Don't you lose! Don't lose me!

FUCK
>>
>>134478787
>And the only episode I didnt like was Boogie Woogie Feng Shui. One blip in an otherwise great series.
This. It was just kind of boring and the sad moment wasn't very well-executed. And omitting that episode completely really wouldn't lessen Jet's character.

>>134478905
You know, I've kind of warmed up to the movie more since seeing it. I thought it was really weird at first but then I realized that's because it's intentionally going for a subtle dreamlike atmosphere. The whole series has that theme of life being like a dream, reflecting the way Spike sees life, but the movie accentuated that by exaggerating that trait in Vincent for contrast with Spike.
>>
>>134478787
Agreed

That episode is the one episode I deem "filler" in this series.
>>
File: Meifa[1].jpg (33 KB, 491x421) Image search: [Google]
Meifa[1].jpg
33 KB, 491x421
>>134479463
>>134478787
b-b-but muh qt gypsie girl
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVaQ04JUiLY
>>
Speak Like A Child is my clear favorite.

I also really like
Mushroom Samba
Jamming with Edward
Wild Horses

I could never get completely into most of the other Spike-centric episodes due to Vicious just being a very boring villain.
>>
>>134479368
This. The episode is mostly fun escapades in the ruins if Akiba and jokes about Betamax, then the last three minutes hit you like a load of bricks.
>>
Probably Cowboy Funk, but Black Dog Serenade and Mushroom Samba are up there too
>>
File: 1449092522176.png (270 KB, 621x480) Image search: [Google]
1449092522176.png
270 KB, 621x480
Mushroom one, no doubt
>>
Heavy Metal Queen
Cowboy Funk

I like the goofy one-offs E-X-U-P
>>
Any episode of sao
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (65 KB, 239x767) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65 KB, 239x767
>>134479942
The lyrics to that song are fucking retarded
>>
I loved a lot of the camera work on Ganymede Elegy, like when the woman is talking to Jet in the bar and the camera is flashing around her like the ticking hand of a clock.
>>
>>134480270

Its a classic Noir-style episode and it was great for it.
>>
Toys in the Attic.

I love episodes that establish a routine in a single setting and the arc is completed by breaking the routine.

Right up there with the doldrums episode of Ergo Proxy.
>>
>>134479155
>>134478996
>>134479093
LAST CHANCE
https://a.uguu.se/ldkpog_wildhorses.webm
>>
[Spolier] You're gonna carry that weight. [/spoiler]
>>
In no particular order, I would say that

-Bohemian Rhapsody
-Mushroom Samba
-Speak Like a Child
-Heavy Metal Queen

Seriously, Bebop has stood the test of time for around 16 years now. I still think it was an amazing show.
>>
>>134483800
Because it's one of very few cases of an anime series that tries to be art instead of just entertainment.

Mindless schlock can be a lot of fun, but it's the shows with deep themes and good writing that stick with you.
>>
>>134479545
To be honest, Heavy Metal Queen kind of felt unsubstantial as well, but it was more fun.
>>
The Rolling Stones one
>>
The one with the fucking creepy clown villain or whatever, I'll never forget that one.
>>
Heavy metal Queen
>>
Man, all these people listing so many great episodes, I need to rewatch this shit, it's been too long.

I like the episodes that have a lot of spaceship action, examples are the episode where Spike and Faye are racing towards the closing hyperspace gate and the space shuttle episode.
>>
>>134483878
I've just be rewatching the show for the first time on a decade and, if anything, what's really impressive is the nice balance between fun and serious, sometimes within one episode. That and the creative universe, the endless variation in genre, and of course the music.

Three more episodes left. Hold me.
>>
Speak Like a Child because betamax.
>>
Chess episode.
>>
>>134484568
>where Spike and Faye are racing towards the closing hyperspace gate and the space shuttle episode.
I loved the foreshadowing there. Faye freaks out at the afterimages, and Jet tells her what they are and snarks "didn't you pay attention in school?" First time viewer will just assume it was just Faye being dumb while also explaining things to the viewer. Then you find out her backstory.
>>
Was Faye starting to fall for Spike near the end?
>>
>>134485305
Probably.
>comes in to save him in Pierrot le Fou despite saying she wouldn't
>telling him all about her past and insecurities
>that scene right before he goes off to attack the syndicate
You could call it camaraderie but it felt a bit more serious than that.
>>
I'm actually watching through it for the first time right now. My favorite so far is the one with the refrigerator.
>>
File: 1433353885676.png (14 KB, 625x582) Image search: [Google]
1433353885676.png
14 KB, 625x582
>>134478134
HE'S NOT DEAD FUCK OFF!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.