[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Trigun? I just booted this bitch up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Trigun.jpg (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Trigun.jpg
131 KB, 1024x768
What do you guys think of Trigun? I just booted this bitch up after a few years and forgot how good it is.
>>
I feel that the entire anime should have stuck with comedy.

I feel that the "serious" plot just didn't fit Vash character.
>>
>>134063250
I wouldn't mind them bringing back some more space Westerns like it. Or even a normal Western would be interesting. Of course, with how the modern anime industry is, I wonder if it'd even be worth watching.
>>
File: Max7_TrigunM_V7_ch5_02.jpg (119 KB, 1080x753) Image search: [Google]
Max7_TrigunM_V7_ch5_02.jpg
119 KB, 1080x753
>>134063250
Give the manga a read.

While the anime did the manga stuff it covered way better than the original material, when they diverge the manga is objectively superior.
>>
The OST was god tier.
>>
>>134063449
>watching the episode where he goes up on the flying ship and everything is all emotional
>super serious bullshit about his past
>vash gets all emotional and cries and shit
Seriously shit plot elements.
>>
>>134063449

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtlla_G1Dg

The thing that always impresses me about Trigun is how well it goes from comedic to serious. In any other anime, that would be conflicting but the way Trigun does it is really believable. The show introduces Vash as this goofball but we learn as the show goes on that is at least partially a facade.
>>
File: 1444468782514.gif (705 KB, 340x252) Image search: [Google]
1444468782514.gif
705 KB, 340x252
>>134063875
I agree. Slayers also did this well, though.
>>
>>134063449
I thought the serious fit Vash's goofy side. Almost like he was goofy to push away the fact that he fucks cities up and has a crazy brother. Or that's how I interpreted it.
>>
>>134063612
How far in did they diverge, anyway? I just started the manga a bit ago after having watched and loved the anime as a kid.
>>
>>134063250
There was literally a thread a couple of days ago bringing this up and yeah...... many would agree that Trigun is still really good.

Really, even with the occasional shoddy animation, the story and Vash's character still manages to carry the entire thing.

>>134063875
The serious stuff had to be there else this whole show would have just been nonsensical slapstick comedy. The fact that Vash's goofy side served as a facade to his hardships and turmoil is what made him interesting at all. Not only did it show that he was well aware of his actions, it also showed that him forcing his morals on others isn't just done out of some dumb hero gimmick but because of his fucked up childhood that directly correlates with his brother, the main antagonist.
>>
Legato is best villain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1GcX9duMA
>>
File: 3.jpg (199 KB, 1456x1024) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
199 KB, 1456x1024
>>134067215
I can't recall, its been way too long. Its definitely diverged by the start of Maximum, though.
>>
File: trigun_91297.jpg (191 KB, 852x1200) Image search: [Google]
trigun_91297.jpg
191 KB, 852x1200
>>134067215
The Knives thing is completely different in the manga, most of the ending is different. Milly and Meryl have a smaller role in the story while Wolfwood, Vash, and Knives have more focus as well a few other characters that don't appear in the TV series. The whole Eye of Micheal sub plot.
>>
>>134068498
Been a while since I read it, but role-wise, wasn't Vash more like the older brother with Knives being the younger brother in the whereas it was the reverse in the anime? (with Knives being the older brother and Vash the younger one)

At least that's what I got from how Vash and Knives treated each other anyway.
>>
>>134068598
>in the whereas
Damn it, I meant "in the manga".
>>
File: trigun_90483.jpg (609 KB, 1983x1200) Image search: [Google]
trigun_90483.jpg
609 KB, 1983x1200
>>134068598
I think the anime stlll kept Vash as the older brother, but I don't remember Knives really getting much screen time to develop a personality in the anime (other than the flashback episode)
>>
Vash is the kind of person that would use 'xD' in forums. Wolfwood was a cool guy, and the two insurance chicks were alright. The first half of the show is better than the 2nd half.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.