[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with self-sacrifice? What's wrong with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 3439464i.jpg (64 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
3439464i.jpg
64 KB, 424x600
What's wrong with self-sacrifice?
What's wrong with killing many people to save the world?
What's wrong with killing themselves to save the others?
What's wrong with calling them heroes?
>>
>>133915866
yes
>>
>>133915866
>cordless haridrier
>>
>>133915866
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.
>>
>>133915910
Do batteries not exist where you are from anon?
>>
>>133915866
Why don't more people just suicide bomb ISIS? That would make them a hero despite ISIS doing the same to us.
>>
Nothing wrong with those in themselves. The problem is that Shirou and Kerry are messed up people.
>>
>>133916099
>ISIS doing the same to US
>Not US bombing and killing everyone in the middle east to steal oil

I love how you shitheads can wash your hands so easily. Hope more of you keep dying.
>>
>>133915866

YOUR DREAM IS NOT WRONG
>>
>>133916218
Are they messed up? Or is everyone messed up and they're the enlightened ones?
>>
Because killing people is wrong, and though we cannot control other people's morality, we're in charge of our own soul.
>>
>>133916819
>killing people is wrong
Who was the first person to decide this stupid shit? It was the bible wasn't it?
>we cannot control other people's morality
Are you sure? Can't we just brainwash people? Or do that thing in Brave New World where they're artificially retarded. That should solve the problems.
>we're in charge of our own soul
What's the meaning of this? Are you telling me I have control over my own path and so it doesn't matter what others think?
>>
File: IH.png (3 MB, 1732x907) Image search: [Google]
IH.png
3 MB, 1732x907
>>133915866
This is wrong world, people shouldn't live like this.
>>
>>133916731
They're enlightened by their own sense of righteousness.

So yeah, it's them.
>>
>>133915866
> What's wrong with killing many people to save the world?
No one is omniscient, that's what. You might think the decision to kill some people is right, because it will save more. Then it turns out your decision was wrong and there are less saved people than killled ones. But you can't resurrect the people you killed. And since you can't know in advance will you be right or wrong, you can't act like this at all. 500-people-on-two-ships in a nutshell.
And this is assuming each and every human life is equally valuable. If they aren't, you have no way of knowing the total values of lifes saved and lives sacrificed again.
> What's wrong with killing themselves to save the others?
You die, that's what.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.