[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this like evangelion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: showposter.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
showposter.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Is this like evangelion?
>>
Anno directed most of it, but it isn't as epin as Eva.
>>
Not really. One or two recurring visual metaphors are reminiscent of it.
>>
File: 2345v354.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2345v354.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
>>133902396
>>
>>133902870
I see it as more of a precursor to FLCL than a successor to Evangelion. Especially in the Tsurumaki episodes.
>>
Really a good show. It has been compared to Ally McBeal, and Kare Kano is superior to it. However, the show ceased production when the author felt there was too much focus on the comedy. It didn't need to continue given they got through with shipping the couple in the first part who were perhaps the only good one.

I'd be surprised to see it redone as an anime. Even more so if Anno took up the helm of the project and brought into Studio Khara with it having some of Evangelion's visual style and hidden depths. As it is, there's much of Anno's wild ideas present. His direction style is obvious. There is a good deal of angst and darkness in some parts of this show. It often tells the truth about relationships and I value it for that. Anno did well up until the point he said fuck the animation industry and went into live action.
>>
>>133903097
The first few episodes are so straightforward it almost seems like parody.
>>
>>133903179

But it's not One Punch Man, anon.
>>
They're almost the exact same series, anon. KareKano jumped the shark for me when they introduced the mechas.
>>
It's kinda like Eva just not as well written.
>>
Great anime adaptation, at least until where manga left off.
Prepare to be disappointed if you chose to read the rest of it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.