[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw was on a nostalgia trip and rewatched fist of the north
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: ken.png (74 KB, 224x351) Image search: [Google]
ken.png
74 KB, 224x351
>tfw was on a nostalgia trip and rewatched fist of the north star
Fuck me, it's kind of sad we don't get any truly grandiose things anymore.
When was the last time we had genuine manly tears worthy show?
>>
That kind of masculine romanticism is pretty much dead in anime.
>>
File: 1442342258377.jpg (103 KB, 1300x611) Image search: [Google]
1442342258377.jpg
103 KB, 1300x611
>>133719146
That is the true escapism I have missed. I don't and no longer want escapism in the form of cute girls.
>>
File: yX3fPCMl.jpg (62 KB, 490x640) Image search: [Google]
yX3fPCMl.jpg
62 KB, 490x640
>>
>>133719264
To be fair HnK barrows from Wuxia (Chinese) and 80s blockbusters (American) so it was never really the standard of Japanese masculinity (lone wolf and cub on the other hand).

want something similar I suggest Chinese films/novels
>>
>>133719146
Raoh was overrated, he had no moves and had trouble with at times random dudes
>>
>>133719343
Raoh was basically just Kenshiro but wanting to conquer instead of wander.

likewise Toki was the same but want to save instead of the above.
>>
File: SIR_1423557672432.png (53 KB, 1055x582) Image search: [Google]
SIR_1423557672432.png
53 KB, 1055x582
>>133719146
The manga is much better, I can't watch the whole anime. Too much QUALITY and filler.

But you're right, the first arc of HnK was truly grandiose.
>>
The first and second arcs of Shura No Toki are pretty masculine, the third arc has it's moments, mainly the Shisengumi scenes. But it could have been better.
>>
>>133719330
Polnareff avenging avdol and iggy was also pretty good
>>
le bump
>>
>b-but muh sexualized toddlers
>b-but muh waifu
>b-but muh moeshits
Because of pathetic autists of which the likes of this board is full with
>>
We can all agree that Ein was the most bullshit death in the series, right?
>>
>>133719738

Is it true that had Toki not suffered from radiation he could have kicked both of his older brothers Raoh, Kaioh and his adopted brothers Kenshiro and his older brother Kyo's asses...at the same time?
>>
>>133726675
doubt it

but he definitely wouldn't have lost to Raoh like a bitch.

and he'd probably find a way to save the world from the wasteland that it was.
>>
fuck off

this is an actual HnK thread not a shitpost thread
>>
>>133726821
was responding to >>133724150
>>
>>133726761

He was the stronger of his two brothers though I thought.
>>
>>133726761

Toki without the Illness would have done at least a good a job as Kenshiro did eventally when he had to step up.
>>
>>133726907
Maybe
though it felt like the three brothers were all just as strong as one another, just Toki was more magical and Raoh had an army with him.

Seemed to imply that at the end Kenshiro was stronger than his brothers even in their prime.
>>
>>133726907

It becomes more than twice as difficult to defeat 2 men at the same time, because not only do you need to actually do enough damage to overpower them, you also need to avoid getting hit by the 2 of them at the same time.

Even Raoh admits that he would lose a 2 v 1 to Toki/Kenshiro at their first fight
>>
>>133725265
Nah, Falco's was a lot worse
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.