[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great speeches in manga/anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13
File: monogatari-kaiki-deishu.jpg (33 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
monogatari-kaiki-deishu.jpg
33 KB, 690x388
Share, rate, discuss your favorite ones
Starting off with mine, from the Monogatari series

“Sengoku, I like money. I'll tell you why. It's because money can take the place of everything.
You can buy things. You can buy lives. You can buy people. You can buy hearts. You can buy happiness. You can buy dreams.
It's very precious, but on top of that, it's not something that is irreplaceable. That's why I like it.
Conversely, I hate irreplaceable things.
"I can't live without this." or "That is the reason why I am alive.", or "This is the purpose why I was born.".
Scarcity value pisses me off to no end.
Would you become worthless if he Araragi dumped you? Was that the only thing you wanted to become? Is that all your life meant to you? You know what, Sengoku?
You know what, Sengoku?
Some idiot out there is volunteering to do something as sluggish as dating Araragi for you.
So you can put an end to something that sluggish and do some other sluggish thing. You have all sorts of things you want to try, or to do, right?
You had some, right? Am I wrong?
[...]
Nothing is irreplaceable. There is nothing that can't be substituted. A woman I know... A woman I know well always treats her current romance as if it's her first. She always looks like she's never fallen in love with someone before.
And that's the right way to go. That's how it should be.”
>>
that sounds like a speech made by a kek
>>
>>133678085
it is
>>
I don't understand.
>>
File: fatezero507.jpg (71 KB, 805x455) Image search: [Google]
fatezero507.jpg
71 KB, 805x455
"Saber. Surely you aren’t saying that you spurn the very marks you left on history? … No. The king does not sacrifice anything. It is the country and the people that sacrifice themselves for the king. Absolutely not the other way around. … We are heroes because we are tyrants. However, Saber. If a king regrets his rule or its conclusion, that king is nothing but a fool. Worse than a tyrant. … If the end was brought about by my decisions and the way my subjects lived, then I will accept its destruction as inevitable. I shall grieve. And I shall weep. But I shall never regret. Let alone undo it! Such a foolish act would only mock all who fought with me to build my empire! … A king without greed is even worse than a figurehead! Saber. You said you would die for your ideals. In life, you must have been a pure and honest saint. A noble and inviolable figure, certainly. But who on Earth admires the martyr’s thorny path? Who dreams of such a life? You see… A king must be greedier, laugh louder, and be more furious than everyone else. He must exemplify the extreme of all things, including good and evil. That is exactly why his subjects envy and adore him. And why the flame of wanting to be like the king can burn in the hearts of every civilian. Proud King of Knights. The righteousness and ideals you bore may have saved your country once. However… I’m sure you know what happened to those who were constantly and only saved. You saved your subjects, but never led them. You never showed them what a king should be. You abandoned your men when they lost their way. Alone and untroubled, you followed your own pretty little ideals. Thus, you are no true king. You are but a little girl, bound by the false idol of a king who serves others but not himself." - Iskander, King of Conquerors
>>
I hate nice girls.Just exchanging pleasantries with them makes me curious, and texting each other makes me feel restless. If I get a call, for the rest of the day, I keep checking my call history with a stupid grin on my face. But I know the truth. They’re just being nice. Anyone nice to me is nice to others too. But I always find myself on the verge of forgetting that. If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl. And so, niceness is a lie. I would always hold expectations. I would always misunderstand. At some point, I stopped hoping. An experienced loner never falls for the same trap twice. A lone warrior, surviving hundreds of battles. When it comes to losing, I’m the strongest. That’s why, no matter what happens, I will always hate nice girls.
>>
>>133678047
That's probably my favourite part of the series. Such a good arc.
>>
>>133678867

That's because jaded childish adult characters are always the best characters.
>>
File: The_Major_2.jpg (63 KB, 448x485) Image search: [Google]
The_Major_2.jpg
63 KB, 448x485
The sight of deserters being strung up from a street lamp is an irresistible pleasure. And there is nothing more arousing, than the sounds made by prisoners of war dropping like flies, screaming in agony as they're mowed down by ear piercing schmeissers!

When a band of pitiful resistance fighters makes their final stand with nothing but small arms, only to have their city smashed to atoms block by block by 4.8 ton bombshells, I'm in ecstasy.

I love it when my forces are ravaged by a Russian armored division. It's so sad to see towns and villages that were supposed to be defended at all costs, being laid to waste, their women and children being raped, and killed.

I love to be squashed under the heel of the British and American war machines. The humiliation, as my men crawl around like vermin, ducking the yark bombers flying overhead.

Gentlemen... All I ask for is war, a war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge, from this Earth!?
>>
Char's speech at Dakar is still one of my favorites.
>>
>>133678436
where is this from?
>>
File: Best Nazi.gif (998 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Best Nazi.gif
998 KB, 500x281
>>133679015
Bitch please
>>
>>133679057
Yahari.
>>
>>133678352
This makes no sense.
>>
>>133679015
what a fucked time for a crash.

whatever here's the video

https://youtu.be/bOZ9ZRaXtvI?t=7s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7ttau76_Y

I feel like shit now...
>>
>>133678352
>shitkander
>great speech
you know he wasnt right? he is just a shit talker also Harder for his argument at Feast of Kings to be taken seriously when he kills his bff while drunk and his army worked against him to go home the who was right was gil
>>
File: 20151031201557915.png (782 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20151031201557915.png
782 KB, 1600x900
There's no happiness that's so heavy you'd be crushed by it.
Happiness isn't bright or heavy.
Don't overestimate what happiness is.
All kinds of happiness are perfect for you.
So don't despise happiness like that.
Don't despise the world, don't despise anything and everything....
Don't despise yourself.
All the types of "despise" within your body... I'll accept all of them for you. I'll accept them all.
So I want you to love yourself more.
It's true that I'm currently very happy... that's why I'll make the effort to say this!
It's a given that everyone has something like this!
>>
>>133679170
t. butthurt drunk
>>
>>133679000
Indeed, Cake is clearly best gril.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 409x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 409x360
>>133678047
This Note is Legal Tender for All Debts Public and Private Except Duties On Imports And Interest On The Public Debt; And Is Redeemable In Payment Of All Loans Made To The United States.
>>
>>133679158
The bitter truth.
>>
>No kyon speach from the movie

godfucking dammit anon.
>>
>>133679077
>To be a true king you must be a true leader.
>To be a true leader you must have ambitions and be a sort of charismatic model for your men to inspire confidence and thirst for achievement and success in them.

It's not that hard if you aren't underage or autistic and if you have basic reading comprehension skill. And, yes, Arturia wasn't a leader, but just a little girl who tried to be a sort of saint, so he tried to make her understand the difference.
>>
GIGAAAAAAA

DURIRUUUUUUUUUU

BREAKUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
File: 1322903055647.jpg (220 KB, 1400x989) Image search: [Google]
1322903055647.jpg
220 KB, 1400x989
Akio was a much more interesting character, but Ikuhara gave Sanetoshi a pretty powerful solipsistic monologue.

"I never amount to anything.
No, finally i gained power.
I’m going to obtain revenge on the world that never needed me.
I finally will become visible.

Human beings are such inconvenient creatures
Why, you ask?
Because they can never escape the box called “self”
Those boxs don’t protect us. They take things precious to us.
Even if someone was next to you, you can’t tear down the wall and bond.

We’re all alone.
We will never gain anything inside your boxes.
There are no exits.
No one can save you.
So, we can only destroy

The boxes
The people
the world."

The box thing should be a concept actually used by Aum Shinrikyo, IIRC.
>>
File: sasuga sanetoshi-sensei.png (414 KB, 599x519) Image search: [Google]
sasuga sanetoshi-sensei.png
414 KB, 599x519
>>133682430
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 512x288
>>133678047
ニャニャメニャニャジュウニャニャドノニャラビデニャクニャクイニャニャクニャニャハンニャニャダイニャンニャクニャラベテニャガニャガメ
>>
File: 1266941390685.jpg (28 KB, 836x362) Image search: [Google]
1266941390685.jpg
28 KB, 836x362
>>133682708
>>
>>133679219
>>133678047

This is what people praise Bakeshit for?
>>
>>133679249
He was a GOAT character. To bad he died so soon.
>>
>>133682835
bake is fine
everything else that came afterwards are shit
>>
File: best girl.jpg (257 KB, 1020x960) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
257 KB, 1020x960
>>133678047
>That wall of text in the post
I feel kinda cringed.
>>
>>133683144
Bake has better writing than the rest, but it's still not very good.
>>
File: shonen manga message.png (308 KB, 829x1273) Image search: [Google]
shonen manga message.png
308 KB, 829x1273
>>133683323
The part about shonen manga's "real theme" is even better.

>That wall of text in the post
>I feel kinda cringed.

Let's not be stupid.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erqGZxRt4hk
>>
>>133683644
A classic.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.