[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the past couple of years, I've been struggling watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
For the past couple of years, I've been struggling watching new anime series. I couldn't put my finger on it, and I thought it was because I was bored with anime, but after currently watching Evangelion, I've realized what it is. It's because most new anime aren't filled with content per episode.

Watching Eva, I notice that every episode has a lot content in it per episode as well as have great cinematography and directing.
>>
Damn nice blog. We getting weekly or daily updates?

Post em here
>>>/trash/
>>
>>133583500

OP you're right, unfortunately there is allot of us who wait patiently for the next great Anime while dropping nearly all anime season after season.

The only Anime i watch atm/ watched recently is Jojo for obvious reasons and currently One Punch Man.
Some anime come close but aren't there overall, so it depends on you how you go about your life but ya, we're fucked.
>>
>>133584658
And it's not just Eva, if I watch an older anime for the first time, more often than not, I find myself sitting and enjoying it or at least able to watch an entire episode without having to go on /a/. The last recent anime that I've been able to do that with was SSY.
>>
>>133583536
Holy shit that's an actual board now.
>>
>>133584819

I haven't seen it as we have different taste, but the combination we're looking for is rare.
The people making it aren't the most popular in the industry either.
It takes the most fucked up mind to create quality content.
>>
>>133585049
How new are you?
>>
>evashit
>lots of content

>like 10 out of 24 episodes are fillershit
>lots of content

kek
>>
>>133585639
I haven't been on 4chan for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>133585721
Yes it is. Just look at all the things that happen in episode 19.
>>
>>133585721
That is actually the sad thing anon, Evangelion is more content-filled than the average good anime of the present, a show whose entire point was that it's creator is a pretentious cocksucker who was on depression at the time.
>>
>>133583500
>every episode has a lot content in it per episode
Why would you lie like this.
>>
>>133586073
But anon it's true
Eva's content is its character interaction and development. Just because it's a monster of the week show doesn't mean it doesn't have a ton of content.
>>
>>133586116
>Just because it's a monster of the week show doesn't mean it doesn't have a ton of content.
Yes it fucking does, it may have some plot related stuff and some characterization here and there, but that doesn't make it " a lot of content."
>>
>>133586189
>some characterization here and there
There is a shit ton of characterization in every episode. So much so that it puts nearly every other anime to shame. The plot barely moves but that's not the point of the show.
>>
>>133586189
A lot of things happen per episode, so yes it does have a lot of content.

Take episode 19:
>We see the fallout of Toji getting fucked up and his and the Class Pres's growing relationship
>we see Shinji's showdown with Nerv
>we see Shinji's face to face with his father
>we see Asuka and Rei's reaction to it all
>we see Shinji leave Nerv
>we see Zuriel fuck up 00 and 02
>we see Shinji decide to go back to fight
>we see 01 fight Zuriel
>we see it go beserk and devour it
That's a lot of shit that happens in 22 minutes of a show.
>>
File: 1413732801727.png (14 KB, 278x275) Image search: [Google]
1413732801727.png
14 KB, 278x275
I'm curious, OP what did you think of Bebop?
>>
>>133583500
> every episode has a lot content in it per episode as well as have great cinematography and directing.

Hibike! Euphomium
Ping Pong the Animation
Death Parade
Shirobako
Kekkai Sensen
>>
>>133586436
It also has great direction and a lot of content per episode. Most episodes feel like they could be an hour long.
>>
>>133586458
All those shows are garbage, what about them?
>>
>>133586458
Out all the ones you listed, I didn't see Shirobako, but I definitely agree that Hibike! Euphomium, Ping Pong, and Death Parade fit this bill, while I thought that Kekkai Sensen did sometimes. But, and this could partially or mostly be due to less anime out per season meaning less thinning of directors/animators that older anime tend to have a higher ratio of shows that fit this bill than modern ones.
>>
>>133586351
I'm talking about the first half of the show.

>Class Pres
She needed more screen time, I barely gave a fuck about her. I'm surprised I actually remembered her name.
>>
>>133586472

So OP, your problem is that Anime nowadays are mostly braindead easy to follow shit shows.

Because if that's your problem, yeah I agree, that said there are some good ones there anyway.

OPM, for instance, not a whole lot happens per episode, it's really easy to follow, but very enjoyable.

Mangas might be your thing, a shit thon of content limited only by your reading speed.

If you really want to find some good anime out there, you gotta do some digging, maybe in 90's anime in specific.

That said I'm no expert, I might be just talking out of my ass, in that case someone correct me.
>>
>>133586697
You are literally a tuff dog image right now. Anyone have the one I mean?
>>
File: 1446757933401.png (110 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1446757933401.png
110 KB, 308x308
>>133586697
>mangas
>>
>Thinking this shitshow is good

This is why anime is dying.
>>
>>133583500
watch space dandy, the new lupin, the first episode of OPM.

Anime still has lots of content per episode. You just need to watch good shit, but clearly you dont like anything good if you watch trash like eva
>>
And the Evangelion shilling never ends
Just give up anime already and go watch some cartoons, kid
>>
Concrete Revolutio is airing now and while it's not perfect, it might be for you if you're looking for something hard to follow and theme heavy.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.