[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UBW Opening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Opinions on the Opening?

I was skeptical at first with Aimer but jesus that OP was great.

>Dat Shirou sword flip
>>
>>123545772
9/10 I liked it.
>>
>Ilya/Berzerker feels
>>
Kalafina's ending is much better than the first one also.
>>
>>123545772
The song was great, deep.
The visual was beautiful but become off with the music when it come to BRAVE SHINEEE part..
>>
File: 1427946029669.png (2 MB, 1518x1075) Image search: [Google]
1427946029669.png
2 MB, 1518x1075
Illya is a miracle of the universo.
>>
File: 1428172348053.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1428172348053.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>123546007
>>
Sounds like some sort of Japanese Flyleaf.
>>
The ED was actually better if you listen to it without the visual.
>>
>>123545772
6/10

Didn't look bad, but it's hard to say it was great. Bit above average perhaps.

Lot of standing around, few action scenes, and while some will say the action scenes were good, they didn't really come off much for me. Lancer pretending he was a care skidding around on the pavement while moving forward in an odd way, Hercules and Gil's fighting could have been a good showing here but just didn't make enough of a splash, and it's hard to even acknowledge the two swordsmen fighting.

At least it had visuals on its side, Shirou flipping around a sword was decent, but it was a lot of standing around and nothing. I'd say F/Zero 1st OP handled the action angle better. Not so much the second OP though, where it was just people walking or getting ready. Still has some symbolic feeling and I get the intent with how they're off now, it's all converging, but F/Zero's second OP just didn't feel the same as the first one.

Is this OP better than the first one for UBW? Maybe, I don't even remember the first one here, so that's probably not a good sign for it. You have to stand out above the rest, make a mark.
>>
File: Gil.jpg (17 KB, 634x344) Image search: [Google]
Gil.jpg
17 KB, 634x344
>>123546077
>>
>>123546175
Watch the first OP. This one is significantly better. Same with the ED.

I don't think it's up to snuff with any fo the Vita ones, but this one is actually solid enough to want to sit through on each viewing.
>>
File: 1388851291737.png (97 KB, 259x225) Image search: [Google]
1388851291737.png
97 KB, 259x225
>>123546077
mfw someone actually saved my webm
>>
>>123546175
First OP of F/SN and F/Z could get away with more action as they were the first opening so they weren't made to drive the plot home.

2nd ones have to do that as the audience is now invested and they have to get the feelings of the story conveyed (Saber covered in blood/Archer sitting being the first thing you see in the OP).

Showing Gil v Herc intense would be kind of a waste since it happens in the third episode. Save it for the actually episode not the opening.
>>
>>123546327
The Vita ones are just a bunch of scenes garbled together with barely any rhythm. They don't really flow with the songs all that well.
>>
>>123546175
The song in this OP is better than the first one but the visual was less effective.
Also, there's no reason to include Shinji on it.
>>
>>123546397
The purpose of the Vita OPs are to show you snippets of the routes that previously hadn't been animated in high quality. They served their purpose well, had solid music, and were nice to look at.
>>
>>123546460
That's not really good enough as far as I'm concerned. In that case, you wouldn't even need professionals to storyboard it properly. Just throw it all in randomly and call it a day.
>>
>>123546397
It's a bit harder with UBW and Fate in the vita version since they share the same song, so the flow for them has to remain the same. HF though they gave it a new song, so they had to change up the flow a lot there so the rhythm would fit the song. It's more an individual sort of thing for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8mGbLpjA4

Clearly they were trying to make the rhythm sync up with the animation.
>>
What's the point of showing Saber's reason for fighting when it's not covered all in in this route? In fact, Saber is barely a character of her own and more Rin and Shirou's pet in this route.
>>
>>123546666
>What's the point of showing Saber's reason for fighting when it's not covered all in in this route?

The beginning of the ending was showing their past. I agree it was not needed but I can get what they were trying to do.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.