[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mushoku Tensei
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: 422px-Mushoku06_003.jpg (66 KB, 422x599) Image search: [Google]
422px-Mushoku06_003.jpg
66 KB, 422x599
>Author's Note: The chapter this time is a bit perverted in description, I tried to keep it in the Rated 15+ range but it might have ended up barely outside of this range, so anyone who dislikes these developments should be aware and avoid them.
bullshit
>>
Kaezar where the fuck are you.
Holy shit there are literally 20 translators for this shit and no one can move their asses.
>>
>>122863550
I'm on vol 6... how can the author just go and abandon Sylphy like that...
>>
>>122865159
He didn't. Rudi has to travel the world only to understand how small it is.
>>
>>122863550

Great! I was hopping for a MT thread, can't believe after all that waiting for the author to release volume 23 we are not getting translations.
God, how do I envy the moon speakers.

Also, Rakuin no Monshou finally got updated. It's not by many chapters, and I have serious doubts on the consistency it will have from now on, but It's something. The other two or three persons waiting for it with me must be happy.
>>
so who's going to translate the Adventures of ED Mage?
>>
Is the translator for the WN kill?
>>
>>122867537
>the translator
There are dozens of translators for this shit. They just seem to have something up their asses with baka-tsuki or something. Apparently even Ren which is the translator from Coiling Dragon is a translator for Mushoku Tensei. It's like they decided to use Mushoku's Tensei translation page on baka-tsuki as a list of translators on the whole internet, except none of them gets up off their dicks to translate shit.
>>
So no translators are working on MT?
>>
Kaezar's got dis dawgs.
http://pastebin.com/j2h4qBU5
>>
>>122865681
>we are not getting translations.
What? Why?
>>
Looks like you guys were right, Turning Point 5 was just released on ncode volume 23
>>
File: 421px-Mushoku05_06.png (218 KB, 421x600) Image search: [Google]
421px-Mushoku05_06.png
218 KB, 421x600
>>122869965
"Turning point OMG!!!" "Wait was the suffering?"

Keep telling everyone that it was Aleks turning point of going from badass world power to Osted's new bitch cause otherwise there was no suffering to be had...... Think I'm forgetting someone.
>>
>>122870242
Sorry, I didn't see a thread about it last night, and I just checked tonight
>>
>>122869628

I meant, yet. I might sound impatient, but It's just that before it went into that one month hiatus on January, we were getting chapters as they came out in Japan (more or less), now we are several chapters behind, and if you get distracted you end up getting spoiled by some dick on a thread like this one.
>>
>>122870253
Which reminds me was Gull boy or Aleck given character description of what they look like?
>>
>>122870622
The North Gods were given vague descriptions. Short, dark hair, handsome features. Sort of generically heroic dudes. Like Batman, Superman, Ironman or Blackbolt.
>>
>>122871914
Well better then nothing I guess. Remembered Demon Emprior loli saw Gisu talking to a scary looking guy. That was Either Gull Boy or Org God.

How I imagine Org god but 8ft tall
>>
File: street-fighter-4-0.jpg (166 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
street-fighter-4-0.jpg
166 KB, 1280x800
>>122872544
>>
File: Mushoku2.jpg (272 KB, 3500x1488) Image search: [Google]
Mushoku2.jpg
272 KB, 3500x1488
I'm doing it just wait. It's taking me too much time for some reason, I'll try to finish the chapter today itself.
>>
>>122872844
Thank fucking god. It's like you give me free heroin but I have to suck your dick to have it.

If I can get it earlier just tell me whose dick do I have to suck.
>>
>>122872844
Thanks Kaezar
>>
So, does Oersted look like an 1890's physicist with lightening sparks shooting out his moustache? Or did the LN artist turn him into a Jojo's character?
>>
File: 1363638157584.png (194 KB, 815x527) Image search: [Google]
1363638157584.png
194 KB, 815x527
>>122872844
Thank god
>>
File: 1425855479238.jpg (233 KB, 720x1024) Image search: [Google]
1425855479238.jpg
233 KB, 720x1024
>>122874069
He looks like this.
>>
>>122874369
Basically Orsted but with glorious hair.
>>
>>122874602
Ruijerd*
Fix'd.
>>
>>122874640
Oh wow, you're right, they do look similar.
>>
>>122865681
>Coiling Dragon
Are they translating from Chinese translations or something?

On a side note, what other shit should I be reading?
Vidya game shit like Moonlight Sculptor or Ark is okay. So far, Play to Live has been the best so far for me.
Other crap has been horribly translated by fuckers at Batoto.
>>
>>122874860

This artist have some serious same face issues, I makes me want to see how the artist for the Manga would design this characters.

>>122874907

When the fuck did I mention Coiling Dragon? I mean, I am reading it, but I didn't say a thing about it in my post, did I?
>>
>>122874369
oh god all those belts.
in my head i had him looking like a dapper motherfucker.
>>
>>122874907
>Coiling Dragon
>Chinese translations
Okay. So... I'd tell you to consider what you just said, but I think it's too late for that.

Instead, I'll say, that it is being translated from the Chinese language versions, and leave it there.
>>
>>122875004
Tired as fuck, was meant for >>122868134

>>122875135
>>122868134 said Ren was helping out with Mushoku.
Pretty sure he's a Chinese translator.
If he was helping out, he'd have to be helping out from translating from Chinese translations.
>>
>>122874907
Zhan Long is like Moonlight Sculptor but the characters are less idiotic, has over 100 chapters translated already.

If you aren't reading Coiling Dragon, do so, it is awesome and there are 3-4 chapters translated daily. Tsuyokute New Saga is probably the best but so far both the manga and the light novel translation only have a few chapter, not to mention TensaiZ (the translator) is a self-inserting fag that puts "translation notes" which are basically his opinions in the middle of the story..

So, in order of more chapters translated to less:

Coiling Dragon: 11 volumes translated, 3-4 chapter per day. Martial Arts pursuing immortality story. 9/10

Stellar Transformations: Several volumes translated, maybe even more than Coiling Dragon, max 2 chapters a week, same tropes as CD and by the same author. 9/10

Swallowed Star: Not that much translated, by the same author as the above but set in a world with modern technology after apocalyptic events. 8/10

Zhan Long: Over 100 chapters translated. Story about a guy that does security work and has to protect the daughter of a rich guy, she goes to a VR world and he has to protect her there too, so basically LMS. I heard people saying the end is terribly and gets really repetitive, but it is a fun read specially to marathon. 7/10

Douluo Dalu: Not by the same author, MC reincarnates but not from "our" world, but from one fantasy world to the other. It is actually really fun to read even though there are only around 100 chapters translated as of yet. 9/10

Tsuyokute New Saga: Mc defeats demon lord, is almost dead, all his friends are dead, goes back in time using some kind of legendary gem that contains the souls of over half of the population. When he does so, he has double the magic power he had as well as knowledge from the future. 10/10 but only 20 chapters.
>>
>>122875490
How would you rank MT and Overlord in that scale?
>>
>>122875553
depends on what your looking for but overall most people will probably go to mushoku tensei
>>
>>122875553
MT is 10/10.
Overlord had so much potential, but it might become another Shield Hero or Arifureta, so I'll refrain from commenting on it. I'm not up do date with the current chapters anymore because reading spoiler caused me to lose a bit of interest in the novel.
>>
>>122875553
>How would you rank MT and Overlord in that scale?

MT = Overlord > Coiling Dragon > Tsuyokute New Saga > Douluo Dalu = Zhan Long >>>>>>Stellar transformation

Haven't read Swallowed Star though. If you like video game stuff, then try reading Only Sense Online and Alice Tale.
>>
>>122875490
Yeah, I've been reading these.

IET's works are pretty solid. Don't like Swallowed Star nearly as much as the others, but Desolate Era is looking to be good.

Zhan Long is alright. The interactions between the real world's gaming society and the game are a bit better than LMS or Ark, but the game elements are rather shitty so far.

Doulou Dalu is good, although I prefer the side translation the translator's doing.

I want to read Tsuyokute, but those Re:Translations fuckers aren't too dependable.

>>122875553
Mushoku is great.
Overlord has a different feel compared to those novels. The others are more about building up power while Overlord is about someone who already has power interacting with the world.
>>
is Coiling Dragon really that good?

Because Stellar Transformation was a fucking DRAG to get through. How different is it? Is there romance?
>>
>>122875822
>Arifureta
Jesus, that turned to shit after the first dungeon.
>Shield Hero
What happened to it? I haven't been following it

>>122876166
>OSO
Way more mellow compared to LMS, Ark, or Zhan Long. Haven't read Alice Tale yet.

>>122876498
It's far better than Stellar Transformations.
IET's writing definitely improved.
Some romance, not really a main aspect of it.
Not harem either.

I haven't read ST in a while. What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>122876498
Stellar Transformation is shit compared to Coiling Dragon. Which is kinda strange considering that ST came after CD. Coiling Dragon actually takes it's time progressing the plot (instead of shooting through power levels at light speed), has the protagonist gain power through training rather than "lol luck/superstronkfriends/leetweapons", and also has side characters that still stay relevant after 5+ volumes.

And yeah, Coiling Dragon has a bit more romance than Stellar Transformations. And Linley, the MC, doesn't end up a hundred million year old virgin like Qin Yu
>>
>>122876769
>ST came after CD
fuck what
How did he get worse?
>>
>>122876498
>is Coiling Dragon really that good?
The best thing about it is it's pace, everything moves comfortably fast and there's so much content that it is a wild ride.

>Because Stellar Transformation was a fucking DRAG to get through.
I liked ST so I don't know how much you'll like CD, but I can guarantee you that it is good, and the fact that the chinese names are translated in a way that they are easier to remember makes it so the novel reads way better.

>How different is it? Not that much, but there are less cliché and there is magic even to the weak. The MC is also a magician.

> Is there romance?
Yes, not as good as in MT though. The females aren't nearly as charming, the japanese are much better at that.
>>
>>122876692
>Shield Hero
>What happened to it? I haven't been following it

Me neither, after he built a village the pace went to shit and I couldn't bother to waste my time reading it anymore. A lot of new characters with stupid names that I couldn't care to keep track off, suddenly I'm reading some page where I don't even know half of the names in and I decide it's time to drop it like it's nobodies business.

Makes me mad since I generally love political or "building a kingdom" arcs.
>>
>>122876769
>>122876817

Funny, ST is called I eat tomatoes's best work by many.
Kind of makes you think that perhaps you are just opinionated as fuck.
>>
>>122876817
>minor spoiler ahead
The world of ST was created by Linley, maybe the author felt that the world created by Linley couldn't be better than the world that created Linley so he decided to change some dynamics and make shit different.

I really like ST so I don't know, it might be up to taste. People don't seem to like the "absorbing the power of opponents" stuff, but I think the way CD works sometimes is really annoying, even though Linley is a genius he still takes years sometimes to make a breakthrough.
>>
>>122876923

I don't know where exactly you left it, but after the re-building arc it goes into a few arcs based around the heroes and curses, it's more interesting, but it still is inferior to original quality (at least for me)

>>122877031

There is a fucking spoiler option on this board mutherfucker, what the shit is that "there is a spoiler ahead" shit?
Do you really think it's possible not to read something when you past your sigh over it, delete that shit and do things right.
>>
>>122877000
Yeah, but according to most people IET works seem to get better towards their ends, I bet when Qin Yu enters Ni Yang Realm and returns from it shit will get real. Then again, what do I know.

For people that dislike Swallowed Star, here is a spoiler:
I heard the world he is right now contains absolutely nothing of the story and soon he'll "ascend" or something.
>>
>>122877124
Fuck that, there is literally no reason for it. To be honest I didn't even want to put the > spoiled ahead and just type it, it is a minor spoiler that doesn't affect either story to any extent.
>>
>>122876692
>I haven't read ST in a while. What didn't you like about it?

Not him but my main problem is how stupid the conflict resolution is in ST. After the kingdom civil war arc, all conflict goes like this:

1. Meet super strong opponent that MC can't hope to defeat
2. Through either: luck/being best buds with strong people/internal conflict/having really good items earned through said luck/internal conflict/strong people
3. Defeat the opponents
4. Get their soul orbs, absorb their power, loot the shit, and go back to #2

And it just repeats on and on and on again.

Here is a list of every single conflict Qin Yu has been in after the civil war arc:

-Struggle against octopus
-Make friends with monkey
-Kill octopus and other schemers in single blow. Get their yuanying to level up

-Serving under red python
-Take advantage of fight between dragon and serpent
-Grab jade sword + both of their yuanying to level up even more

-Piss off the three powers
-Get carried by Uncle Lan

-Go to immortal mansion
-Finds keystone by dumb luck/!girlfriend's knowledge
-Steals yuanying of somebody dozens of levels above himself
-Gets amazingly rare ring by dumb luck

-Pick a fight against all the good and evil sects
-Super Regen from Tear + Super-Stealth from Mansion + OP flame from ring wrecks everything

-Picks fight against the immortal envoys
-Undergoes hardest 9th tribulation ever
-Oh gee, I'm sure glad Uncle Lan has given me sword puppet that can slaughter everything in the current realm with little effort

NONE of the serious battles that Qin Yu has been in after the civil war arc was won by himself. It was always a friend/dumb luck that carried him. Every. Single. Damn. Time.
>>
>>122877000
Eh.
I like Linley's development in power more than Qin Yu's. Yuanying absorption and the Uncle Lan bits are the parts I mostly disagree with. Really enjoyed Coiling Dragon after Linley loses the ring guy, so hopefully ST will pick up after he enters the Ni Yang Realm and Uncle Lan's shit stops being the only reason he can keep up.
>>
>>122877215
Yup, but being a sneaky son of a bitch of a MC also makes for a fun story.

I heard there is an IET story where the MC actually has to work hard as fuck and he isn't like the other MC's that basically win the lottery multiple times in their stories but he has to use his brain to get shit he wants.

I wonder when we'll we see that.
Then again, I really like the way Qin Yu powers up, he makes people fight with each other, steals their shit, absorbs their power and proceeds like that. Of course there are times where he needs to fight but seeing him controlling shit from behind the scenes is pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>122877215
In my side ST is just good for Li'er and the Stellar Transformations mechanics(want to know what´s after "Sun" already)
>>
>>122877396 continuing what I forgot.

I do agree with the bullshit from the Sword Immortal Puppet. It is so fucking annoying, I wish he would just have sneaked into the realm, watched the emissaries fight each other and manage to power up in the meanwhile.

Uncle Lan also did say that Qin Yu depends on him too much, which is why he only gave him 1 piece of ore, yet Qin Yu decided to scum the shit of the puppet and do everything is his possession to not have to fight.

Such a fucking pity, his stellar yuanying is already at such a stage and he's close to being able to put up a fight against the emissaries himself.
>>
>>122877468
I can spoil it for you.
Black Star
Black Hole
Universe

Or something like that, I read it from a spoiler discussion somewhere and don't really remember it.
>>
>>122876836
Why is it that Chinese can't write a decent female? Yet alone a top tier waifu?

In every Chinese WN I read, they're either a bitch or completely loyal to the MC
>>
>>122877659
Welcome to the Chinese culture, where females are like man, but not really human.
>>
>>122877468
Shame he skips developments in the Stellar Transformations, but that's what's been hyping me too.

>>122876923
>>122877124
I really wish Shield Hero and Arifureta would go back to their roots.
Shield Hero doesn't have it too bad, but Arifureta turned to absolute shit after he decided to fuck up everything and just pick up waifus. Dropped it after the gravity dungeon.
>>
Also what's the deal with LMS and Ark?

Like literally each of the plot points are the same with different twists. Both the MC get a super secret op profession, both lead armies, both are in a martial arts dojo, and there is a lot more, even the same game pretty much.

I'm guessing this is on purpose and neither the authors really care?
>>
>>122877623
Thanks
I expected something more creative though, maybe if in the future he teaches it , students will get more interesting ramifications along the way(not that it will really happen)
>>
Manga onlyfag here
I like this series

I'd like to read the LN but i've had nothing but bad experiances with them in the past, mostly due to absolutely garbage translation quality.
Is this at least readable or is it one of those "translated from japanese to chinese to korean then to spanish then to english" tier translations ?
>>
>>122877968
Why don't you just fucking read it? It takes 10 seconds to get on baka-tsuki. They're good enough, just don't download old epubs.
>>
>>122877176

I now know that Linley live on to become powerful enough to make a real of his own, and that was just me glancing the first sentence.
Whenever he might be about to die on an important battle, I know for a fact he won't. It's not, "he wouldn't normally die, he is the main character" any more, now it's full fledged, I know he would en up a Sovereign. Up to the point when I read that, Linley could had dyed and the story could had been about his son, daughter, or niece from that point onwards, now that possibility collapsed on my mind. You quantum fucked a possibility for me.

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.
>>
>>122877968
It's not as horrible as that but it reads well enough.
It's obvious the editors either don't do their job or have no good grasp of the English language, though.
>>
>>122878117
>I thought the MC of a Xianxia novel might die

Are you mentally challenged?
>>
Chapter 241 is out
pastebin.com/u/Kaezar
>>
>>122877968
I used to feel this way about translations, but once you've read enough of them, you start to be able to deal with awful translations, until it barely registers that the translation is awful. I had a harder time reading some of re Translations shit with all the garbage translator notes than I do with most machine translations.

As far as MT, most of it is adequately translated, and I remember being conscious of poor quality very few times during the reading (not to say it's good or well-done, just that it's decidedly readable if you're genuinely interested).
>>
>>122878613
I only had problems with MT a few times on the newest chapter (at that time) and I edited a few to make it less terrible.
>>
File: 1371838003697.jpg (316 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1371838003697.jpg
316 KB, 800x800
>>122878596
>>
>>122878596
Fucking finally holy shit. Thanks Kaezar.
>>
>>122878596
>3 am in the morning

well it was worth the wait
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.