[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Madoka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: School_Roof_Animation_Comparison.jpg (438 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
School_Roof_Animation_Comparison.jpg
438 KB, 1280x1080
TV, BD, or Movie (in general, not just this comparison)?

While they certainly gain quality between each release, I feel like something's... missing from the later releases. Especially the Movie release, it oftentimes feels too ornate, too fancy. Is this just me?
>>
So where did you just find this picture?
>>
>>121764397
what?
>>
>>121764333
TV version is the best one. The abstract scenery makes it kinda surreal and perfectly matches the minimalistic character design.

The movies' backgrounds feel just like an agglomeration of stock assets. They could at least have hired actual background artist if they wanted to have detailed locations.
>>
Mami's house was ruined in the BD/Movie. She looks way too wealthy in it.
>>
>>121764333
>more or less regular assets
>hire some architect to make some fancy stuff
>fuck everything we're SHAFT, let's make the school a huge gothic church
>>
File: 1381982583649.gif (526 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
1381982583649.gif
526 KB, 480x540
>"Should we change anything in the BD?"
>"Mhmm.. lets change the fences.."
>"Brilliant!"
>>
>>121764333
No, the original sparse look was pretty compelling.

The ridiculous profusion of ornate shit is good too, but I don't think it matches the glass walls of the school.

The other big comparison is Mami's apartment, which was almost totally empty in the TV (implies she has no life outside of being a magical girl), as compared to having tons of stuff in the BDs and even more in the movie (implies she buys a lot of cute things to try to distract herself).

Either way it works, I think.
>>
>>121765092
That's what you get when your entire company is run by artists. They're notorious for delivering episodes to be aired almost late or only 15 minutes ahead of time.
>>
>>121764333
Movie was best overall buy for certain scenes like your pic the TV was the best. The calm and pure atmosphere of the school roof was important for contraring the darkness of the series.
>>
>>121764333
Some things I prefer in the TV version, but overall (and in this comparison specifically), I'd say the BD is the best version. Fixed some of the quality and added some nice details to the backgrounds.
The recaps go way too far, though, and the fences here are a perfect example. It just doesn't fit.
>>
Sometimes less is more. Howevrer all releases have their own flair.

Just watch all of them in the order they were released.
>>
Rebellion is only absolute masterpiece. Can't even compare its animation to previous movies/series.
>>
>>121765176
>What is symbolism?

The gradually growing fences emphasise the devils circley they can not escape from.
>>
>>121765569
Yeah, I love choppy animation too.
>>
File: tail wag.gif (437 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tail wag.gif
437 KB, 480x270
>>121764333
The movie is more tightly constructed and has better pacing but it felt like something was missing.

I haven't seen the original TV versions so I prefer the BD over the Movie (although Beginnings/Eternal are supposedly essential for Rebellion)
>>
>>121765978
>Beginnings/Eternal are supposedly essential for Rebellion
How is any of this http://pastebin.com/TnSTjFhA required for Rebellion?
>>
This is actually something me and my girlfriend always talked about durring/after watching madoka. Mami is said to have no close family, and is a 1st year in high school. Yet she has her own extremely nice apartment full of cool shit. Where the hell does she get money to pay for all that plus those fancy deserts all the time? We didnt think killing witches earned them actual money.

And yes I realize Ive opened myself up to 20+ replies about the girl thing but seriously then just read it that I have someone I watch anime with and we both noticed this and talk about it. Still bothers us.
>>
>>121766165
Life insurance?

That's kind of like asking why the skyline is made of of various famous real-life buildings. It's not really relevant.
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Mitakihara_Town
>>
>>121764333
BD. Movie makes the school look like an overdesigned gothic cathedral.
>>
>>121766279

I guess youre right. Its not like every characters income and situation have to be fully explained, its just that mami's seemed completely unrealistic to the point where it stood out to us. I wouldent have thought twice about it if she had an empty apartment, which apparently she did, and the whole thing was just some studio adding cool shit for the sake of looking cool.
>>
>>121766533
Well, now you know something about Shaft.
>>
>>121766165
>me and my girlfriend
Fuck off, normalfag.
>>
File: classy mami.jpg (251 KB, 1181x768) Image search: [Google]
classy mami.jpg
251 KB, 1181x768
>>121766165
She was most likely from a rich family.
>>
File: 1417845915071.jpg (294 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1417845915071.jpg
294 KB, 800x800
>>121767262
I like how you name your files Buzzclaw.
>>
BD a best, all other answers are wrong.
>>
>>121767502
TV has its charms
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.