[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm sure this thread gets made all the time, but I finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: sdf.jpg (203 KB, 916x1280) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
203 KB, 916x1280
So I'm sure this thread gets made all the time, but I finally saw all three of the EVA rebuild movies.

I haven't seen the TV series in 10 years, so it's hard for me to directly compare them.

1&2 were what ever, plot went by too fast, and a lot character interaction was missing. Action was nice, I do love EVA battles, CG was kinda jarring sometimes.

And then 3, what a strange direction to go, I don't mind it, but I don't think they pulled it off very well, bad pacing, everyone felt like an idiot, felt like half setup and half filler. My opinion really depends on the 4th movie.

Some random thoughts about 3.
Misato and Ritsuko look ridiculous.
Mari needs to fucking do something
Sakura was out of place.
Crew of the Wunder sucked hard.
If the world is dead, where are Nerve and Wille getting the resources for this shit?
I know Shinji needs to suffer, but that was maybe too much, kinda made him irredeemable in a lot of peoples eyes.
People who think there is a romantic relationship between Asuka and Mari are crazy.
Asuka is still way too hung up on Shinji.
Seems weird that Asuka and Shinji would let Rei 3 follow them.
Robot laser beam eyes.

They really should not have released this movie so far away from 4, because on it's own, it's just so ugh.
>>
Also well it's been awhile, Karl's impact in this movie felt nowhere near as powerful as the TV series.

He's just kinda there, and Shinji isn't really in that bad of a shape, he was just super confused.
>>
>>117399151
wasnt Q supposed to release at the same time or something
>>
>>117399252
So says Wikipedia.
They sure are taking their sweet time.

It probably would have worked better as a TV show, but wouldn't make as much money(I think I don't know how Japan works).
>>
>>117399151
2.0 is as bad as Q and you're delusional if you don't agree with this
>>
>>117399151
>I dont' mind it
Then you're retarded.

>b-but muh opinion depends on 4
Hello, are you paying attention? It shouldn't depend on 4.

If 3.0 was any good, you'd be absolutely certain 4.0 would be great.

3.0 was a fucking disaster on every single level except pandering to Fujoshi and Kaworufags.
>>
>>117399363
Go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>117399151
Everything you thought you knew about Eva's setting and their characters was crushed by 3.0.
So, yeah, it's utter garbage and should be forgotten by all.
>>
>>117399363
2.0 was great.

Q was garbage.
>>
>>117399363
I like the idea of the time skip, I just think it was retarded not to include Shinji in it.

Do Karl fans really like it? I don't think they handled him very well.
He was barely a character, but I guess you can say that about everyone that isn't Shinji.
>>
>>117399151
>Misato and Ritsuko look ridiculous.
Eh, some characters in Eva have always looked a little ridiculous in either outfits or appearance.
>Sakura was out of place.
Cute girls sell. Would've been better if there was a 28 year-old Toji instead.
>Crew of the Wunder sucked hard.
Yup. I'm sure we'll get a time skip series that expands on the new ones though.
>If the world is dead, where are Nerve and Wille getting the resources for this shit?
It's implied that there are still patches of society and safe areas out there. So third impact destroyed most of the world, but not all of it.
>I know Shinji needs to suffer, but that was maybe too much, kinda made him irredeemable in a lot of peoples eyes.
That's kind of the point. He's supposed to be stuck in an utterly irredeemable situation.
>People who think there is a romantic relationship between Asuka and Mari are crazy.
Its in the merchandise and spinoff material like Pachinko. Doesn't help that Mari is a confirmed lesbian after that bonus chapter in the manga either.
>Asuka is still way too hung up on Shinji.
Yes, it signifies she hasn't really grown up at all during the time skip.
>Robot laser beam eyes.
Were in the second movie and it was more dumb there.
>>
>>117399484
sorry but i have to agree with the other anon, 2.0 was pretty shit, the only good thing was the action, completely changing the type of characters, like asuka, as well as their character development was pretty shit
>>
>>117399484
i have to agree with you, 3.0 was pretty shit, the only good thing was the action, completely changing the type of characters, like asuka, as well as their character development was pretty shit
>>
File: rebuild after the third one.jpg (63 KB, 1003x703) Image search: [Google]
rebuild after the third one.jpg
63 KB, 1003x703
>>117399363
>>117399151
>>
>>117399728
did you just copypasta
>>
>>117399151
Delete your thread before Reifags see this
>>
>Yup. I'm sure we'll get a time skip series that expands on the new ones though.
I hope not, only need a flashback for Misato, it's pretty easy to see why Asuka is like the way she is, and the other characters are just so bland.
>That's kind of the point. He's supposed to be stuck in an utterly irredeemable situation.
I know, I just don't know how he is going to dig himself out of this, since only Asuka and Mari give a shit about him, maybe Misato.
>Its in the merchandise and spinoff material like Pachinko. Doesn't help that Mari is a confirmed lesbian after that bonus chapter in the manga either.
Oh really? A lot, or just tiny hints? In the movie they barely interacted, and if anything Mari was trying to ship Asuka with Shinji.
>Yes, it signifies she hasn't really grown up at all during the time skip.
I wonder if that's poor writing, or part of the curse of eva plot point.
>Were in the second movie and it was more dumb there.
I know, and ya it is dumb, but I can't help but enjoy it.
>>
>>117399698
>>117399728
I am so confus

Still stand by my statement.

3.0 was garbage.
2.0 was great.

It's all about what it achieves. 2.0 achieves further developing the 1.0 characters, and in a good way, meaning 3.0 is left with good working characters to continue.

It brings in new elements without going overboard, and opens up possibilities for new development.

3.0 on the other hand, achieves only pandering and actually undoes the character development and just gives you cheap, easy peasy pretty girls and boys in return.

3.0+1.0 begins with a shit setting, a shit set of characters, and it's painfully obvious that the writers are just writing their own disgusting fanfiction at this point.
>>
I can't believe people are so dumb that they still can't see that 3.0 is just one giant setup for the fourth movie. Or the fifth.

The time skip shit was all pre-planned so that people could wow at the explanations and plot exposition they get in the next movie.
>>
>>117399151
>MUUUUH PANDERING
>MUUUUH REI
>>
>>117399867
>3.0 was garbage.
>2.0 was great.

They were both garbage for different reasons.
>>
>>117399917
>I can't believe people are so dumb that they still can't see that 3.0 is just one giant setup for the fourth movie. Or the fifth.

I can't see how people are so dumb that they think 3.0 being setup or not actually matters.

If it's setup, it's shit setup so what does it matter?

>The time skip shit was all pre-planned so that people could wow at the explanations and plot exposition they get in the next movie.
In other words, it's garbage.
>>
>>117399783
no
>>
File: the master anno.png (169 KB, 1839x719) Image search: [Google]
the master anno.png
169 KB, 1839x719
3.0 is the best thing to happen to Eva since EoE.
>>
>>117399363
I can't believe there are retards that do nothing but hate on Q but have no problem with 2.0.

It's fucking mental illness

>>117399364
If you stopped thinking of everything in terms of fucking waifu wars you'd realize there's actually story reasons for Kaworu to be in the fucking movie.
>>
>>117400002
Only 3.0 was garbage. If you think 2.0 is garbage, then you probably think the first twelve episodes of NGE was garbage too.

2.0 actually did great in developing characters and keeping it from being a rehash. With two movies left the story could have become amazing.

Instead 3.0 only tried to pander and axed all the characters and established setting.

If they were so hype and excited for doing a new setting, then they should make an entirely new franchise and show instead, and do everything from the start instead of forcing it into something that doesn't fit it.
>>
>>117400084
>If you stopped thinking of everything in terms of fucking waifu wars you'd realize there's actually story reasons for Kaworu to be in the fucking movie.

Actually, you're the one with the waifu wars issue here. Kaworu being in the movie is just pandering, and the so-called story reasons are there to justify the pandering.
>>
>>117400098
>2.0 did great in developing characters
>If you don't like 2.0 you hate NGE

I can't stop laughing, how can you type that with a straight face?
>>
EoE isn't canon.
>>
>>117400098
>then you probably think the first twelve episodes of NGE was garbage too
They weren't garbage, but they definitely weren't amazing, either. They were just setup, really.
>>
>>117400084
Kaworufag pls.

>you'd realize there's actually story reasons for Kaworu to be in the fucking movie.
Such as?

When are you going to realize that any story reason you come up with are secondary to 3.0 catering to the Kaworu crowd?

The "story reasons" you might have are invented to tie into shipping. That's why 3.0 can spend more time on Kaworu yet come up with less than NGE.

There were never any story reasons for having Kaworu there that didn't equate directly to shipping gaems.
>>
>>117399856
A lot, she has a crush on Yui and she even confesses
>>
>>117400010
>I can't see how people are so dumb that they think 3.0 being setup or not actually matters.

Because Anno originally intended for 3.0 and 4.0 to be released simultaneously, with 3.0 acting as the setup and buildup for the finale.

>In other words, it's garbage.
No, it's actually pretty ingenious by making the fans look like a bunch of mindless panderinc-craving autists as usual.
>>
>>117400131
>a character being in the movie is just pandering
>not because he was highly influential in the series
>the story doesn't matter and only exists to provide reasons to pander

Oh boy.

>>117400144
Don't start with this shit
>>
>>117400077
This is such bullshit, Rei doesn't stand for that.
>>
>>117400136
Super-easy.

>>117400159
Which is my point. The guy I'm replying to above seems to be forgetting that rather too conveniently.

The first half of Evangelion is there to set up the various characters as well as the setting. The first 12 episodes does this, and 1.0+2.0 also does this.

Then the glorious second half takes that raw material and makes it into gold.

What 3.0 did was to turn it into shipping commentary and add more actionfest pandering.
>>
>>117400131
Wait, there are still people who think Kaworu is only there to pander? Do you even know what's Shinji's problem? The hedgehog dilemma?
>>
>>117400176
I'm not a Kaworufag, I don't waifu any characters in NGE because they're all fucked. Are you implying that any character you don't like getting screen time means that the script was written just to pander to people? I can't even comprehend what you're saying, Kaworu was in the movie to get Shinji to trigger 4th Impact, how is that related to shipping?

>>117400236
You're a fucking retard if you think 2.0 is good.
>>
>>117400182
>Because Anno originally intended for 3.0 and 4.0 to be released simultaneously, with 3.0 acting as the setup and buildup for the finale.
That's not true. It's something that was said when Rebuild was first announced, and those plans were dropped before 1.0 came out. They had an intial idea that was abandoned long before.

It's also irrelevant because 3.0 was never intended to be shown alongside another movie, it's a full movie.

>No, it's actually pretty ingenious by making the fans look like a bunch of mindless panderinc-craving autists as usual.
Does that include you as well?

Either way you're proving my point, 3.0 only attracts the mindless pandering graving autists instead of setting the standards higher.
>>
>>117400181
Oh I know about that, and it explains certain things, like her not being a complete dick to Shinji.

But I mean just about Asuka and Mari, not just Mari being a lesbian.
>>
>>117400239
Kaworufag pls. Don't even try.
That's an issue in NGE, but 3.0 blew that the fuck away.

Kaworu is in Rebuild ONLY to pander. He had a better role in NGE.

NGE is not Rebuild.
>>
>>117400268
>Kaworu was in the movie to get Shinji to trigger 4th Impact

Nope he was there to give him hope. Only his plan was dumb and Shinji got dumb and he took the spears and Jesus died. Kinda same shit as 2.0. Shinji wants to prove something to Gendo, falls right into Gendo's trap and Rei no matter what Shinji's decision is has to merge with EVA 01.
>>
File: 1416694900759.png (347 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
1416694900759.png
347 KB, 705x500
>>117400192
Yes she does.
If you want to refute the point, actually come up with a counterargument.

Evangelion is a deconstruction of the mecha genre, along with many other tropes within anime. Rei certainly doesn't represent kawaii uguu shy girl and I highly doubt Anno ever intended for her to be received by fans as such.

And regardless of what she actually represents, that doesn't make the entire interpretation bullshit.

>>117400324
I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, I've always tried to not act like an elitist, but 3.0 was quite literally too deep for you. If you enjoyed 2.0, that was also too deep for you and you've missed the point of the Rebuild series entirely.
>>
>>117400268
Sure thing. You show too low an understanding of these movies to be worth discussing with.

If you're going to play dumb, you can just refrain from posting ITT. Either get real or think on your own, or get the fuck out.

>>117400239
Kaworu is factually there only to pander to fujoshits in Rebuild. 3.0 proves it by literally throwing away all the characters and the setting to have gay piano scenes.

Kaworu wasn't there to just pander in the original TV-series, but this is a Rebuild 3.0 thread not a NGE thread.
>>
>>117400410
>I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, I've always tried to not act like an elitist,
I suppose you only pull the "2deep4u card" when you don't have a point and can't argue for it.
>>
>>117400466

>>117400077
>>
>>117400378
>understanding Kaworu's role means you're a Kaworufag

I couldn't give less of a shit about him. I just know what he stands for. The hedgehog dilemma is still there in Rebuild. Maybe you should rewatch the movies and pay attention to everything instead on focusing on Mari's tits.
>>
>>117399856
>I hope not, only need a flashback for Misato,
The theories are that she feels guilty for encouraging Shinji to trigger near-third impact in 2.0, making her part of the cause. There's also the implication that Shinji isn't human but an angel in the rebuilds, and Misato's hatred for angels has left her with conflicting thoughts regarding Shinji.
>I know, I just don't know how he is going to dig himself out of this, since only Asuka and Mari give a shit about him, maybe Misato.
As mentioned, Misato still cares. She just feels conflicted about him. If she didn't care then she wouldn't bother to retrieve Shinji from unit 01 or wouldn't attempt to rush the Wuunder over unit 13 while mumbling about Shinji in such a worried tone of voice.
>Oh really? A lot, or just tiny hints? In the movie they barely interacted, and if anything Mari was trying to ship Asuka with Shinji.
Straight-up love blush and nervous love confession to Yui in the manga. Doesn't get any gayer than that.
>I wonder if that's poor writing, or part of the curse of eva plot point.
More like we just don't know what happened. For all we know she could've been in a coma for years on account of her angel contamination.
>I know, and ya it is dumb, but I can't help but enjoy it.
So things are acceptable as long as they pander to you? This is why so many people fell for the trap that was 2.0+3.0.
>>
>>117400236
But you're saying 2.0 was great, while I'm saying it was just okay. Great for setup, but not inherently great.
>>
>>117400432
>Kaworu wasn't there to just pander in the original series

It's funny to me that you're so rabidly against him being in Rebuild, and you don't realize that the majority of Karl's screentime in NGE was spent either naked or doing homo stuff with Shinji.

>muh gay pianos
You're forgetting that scene is trying to show synchronicity between them.
>>
>>117400410
Pretentious ignorant fuckwad detected.
Not him, but you don't have an argument yourself either.

I suspect you're a retarded troll who just pretends to be smart about fucking anime. You got to be pretty desperate if this is the only way you can feel good.
>>
>>117400494
>I couldn't give less of a shit about him. I just know what he stands for.
No you don't. That's why you get blown the fuck out in this argument and can't reply properly.

>rewatch it
>pay attention
are not substitutes for actual arguments.
>>
>>117400504
>The theories are that she feels guilty for encouraging Shinji to trigger near-third impact in 2.0, making her part of the cause.

If I hear one more person say that they didn't like Rebuild because "everyone was a dick to Shinji", I'm going to lose my mind. So many people don't pick up on this shit.
>>
Mari is such a shit character. I hope Anno fixes that in 4.0z
>>
>>117399571
>So third impact destroyed most of the world, but not all of it.
However, Third Impact was aborted in the end of second movie, though...
>>
>>117400332
Asuka and Mari has been on the same spot as it ever was, it is there as a partners thing. Those two piloting together has been a project since 2.0 and will happen in final (8+2), all this however don't mean romance of any sort, what happens is that /u/ sees any sort of friendship as a chance of romance
>>
>>117400521
>It's funny to me that you're so rabidly against him being in Rebuild, and you don't realize that the majority of Karl's screentime in NGE was spent either naked or doing homo stuff with Shinji.

It's not funny to me that you're this goddamned stupid. You think the homo stuff is what makes for fujoshi pandering?

Rebuild 3.0 makes up one quarter of Rebuild, whereas episode 24 makes up one twenty sixth.

In NGE, everything that leads up to Kaworu arriving comes naturally, and Shinji is also built up along with everyone else. Kaworu isn't a good character in himself but he's a good plot device for what the show wants to convey.

In Rebuild 3.0, that's no longer the case. Because with 3.0, they remove all of the previous buildup in an offscreen timeskip, and make the most contrived marathon-run to get to the piano scenes ever.

Fujoshi pandering isn't about having homo stuff. It's about rewriting the entire scenario to have it feature the possibility of homo stuff, to write a sappy love story in the backdrop.

Showing it is actually bad, because you need to just imply it, then the fujoshi audience does the rest.
>>
>>117400432
>Kaworu is factually there only to pander to fujoshits in Rebuild.

Fujoshi pandering aside, he's there to provide hope and love to Shinji and then take it away through his death, leading to the discovery of self-acceptance and learning to understand others. You have to be pretty stupid or a spiteful and hardcore autistic waifu fag to deny it otherwise.
>>
>>117400492
That image is a fucking load of shit.

You either make your own arguments, or you stay quiet.
>>
>>117400522
If he wants to refute a point, he should present a counterargument. As it stands he's just throwing a point at another point.

Please try to avoid using ad hominem. It just makes you look like an idiot.

>>117400694
That image does a perfectly good job of summing up my thoughts, why would I spend time typing all of that up in my own words when it's perfectly cohesive as it is?

Also refute it, or you stay quiet.
>>
The best thing to come out of the Rebuilds is Ramiel's rework with the neat forms and sounds and shit.

I'd say prove me wrong, but it's fact.
>>
>>117400616
Why is she a shit character? I swear to god if you say "pandering" one more time. She's not a shit character just because we don't know anything about her, and with the recent developments of the manga, she's looking to be one of the most interesting parts of Rebuild.

>>117400647
>Partners
I have no idea why people think there's a LMA thing going on. They've just been piloting together for a decade

>>117400663
>anything that is not written exactly how I want it is pandering

Judging by your autism, I'm going to assume you're an Asukafag. You saying that the entire scenario was rewritten just for the piano scenes is fucking retarded, because that's just not true. Shinji and Karl weren't any more gay in Q than they were in NGE, pal. Same shit, with Karl saying he loves Shinji and Shinji blushing. It wasn't a love story, it's the same shit we've known for decades. Shinji has trouble getting close to people, and Karl helps him open up and then dies.
>>
File: 1410926970157.png (614 KB, 932x1148) Image search: [Google]
1410926970157.png
614 KB, 932x1148
>muh Rei
>muh autism
>>
File: ramiel cross.png (246 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ramiel cross.png
246 KB, 640x360
>>117400775
Forgot pic
>>
>>117400762
You sound like a kid who doesn't want to be told that he was wrong. I don't even care whether or not you are right, that's just what you seem like.
>>
>>117400804
REI Q IS PERFECTLY FINE
>>
>>117400762
>That image does a perfectly good job of summing up my thoughts, why would I spend time typing all of that up in my own words when it's perfectly cohesive as it is?

Because it's not cohesive, and you have not even shown any sort of argument. You make it, or get out.
>>
>>117400762
I'll refute it only because I used to believe it

Anno doesn't hate otaku, he's said this many times before.

>>117400814
Honestly, one of my least favorite parts of Rebuild.
>>
>>117400804
>Kaworufags trying to buddy up with Asukafags
Fuck off and die.
>>
File: 1405995607114.jpg (75 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1405995607114.jpg
75 KB, 640x400
>>117400804
AYANAMI YUI IS PERFECTLY FINE
>>
>>117400804
REI Q PERFECTLY FINE
>>
>>117400647
The double-entry eva plot point is basically meant to symbolize the concept of soul mates. You know, the biblical case of two coming together to become one and all of that. Not to mention they called her the female equivalent of Kaworu; you just know that means regarding love interests down the line.
>>
>>117400868
>Anyone who doesn't go out of their way to shit on the other characters and use the people who like them as boogeymen need to die

Look, pal, I like Rei, but you fucking retards are way too blinded by your autism to see that there are other characters worth discussing.
>>
>>117399151
3.0 was some weird ass filler. Nothing really happened other than another impact and we got that in 2.0 already. All the characters were shit too.
>>
>>117400788
>You saying that the entire scenario was rewritten just for the piano scenes is fucking retarded, because that's just not true.
Search your feelings, you know it is true!

Come down to the earth where the rest of us live. THINK about what happened.

2.0 ends with Rei and Shinji in EVA01, lots of character development ready, and potential for drama.
3.0 whisked that all away, in a timeskip. Then it spends minimal time without developing characters and just forcing them to move the plot along, so that we can eventually arive to gay piano.

Everything was changed so that it would lead Shinji to gay piano. This is a fact you can't look away from.

Shinji could have sucked a million dicks in NGE and it'd be less fujoshi pandering. You over-generalizing and ignoring the reality is evidence that you're just trying to run away.

Your obsession with kaworu loving shinji or vice versa just shows you're a fujoshit defending your fujoshit movie.
>>
So wait is Shinji still human? Are any of the pilots?
I figure he would have the curse of eva?
The red eyes during awakening were not exactly normal, but either is what happens to Mari during beast mode.

I wonder how fucked up Asuka is under that plug suit.
>>
>>117400949
Not him but just look at how pathetic some fans are. That includes you. If the only way you can enjoy yourself or the source material is by shitting on others, then you have a problem.
>>
Eva threads are pure shitflinging.
>>
>>117401013
She probably has a scar like Misato or something.
>>
>>117400788
First and foremost, its /u/, two girls saying hi to each other on the street is enough for it to be considered a long lasting lesbian love.
Then, Khara did play with it a bit specially in merchandising, it was a simple strategy to protect Mari from shipper's backlash due to the possibility of her being a love rival to the girls/boy who liked Shinji
Finally, the /u/ shit writes itself, experienced yet playful older girl along with a younger tsundere is a liked pairing.

>>117400934
That comment about Mari being basically a female Kaworu could mean a lot of shit. I thinks its just there to say that she is a "older girl" who knows about stuff and has her own agenda
>>
>>117400979
Not him but episode 24 was a billion times gayer than Rebuild considering both Kaworu and Shinji actually confessed their love to each other rather than just petty subtext.
Also the gay piano scenes were less than 5 minutes in total, not the whole movie you autistic retard.
>>
>>117400934
Fuck off, you retarded yurifag.

>>117400979
>lots of character development
>potential
>2.0

Thanks for the laugh. You do realize that 3.0 is supposed to make you feel out of place, right? Name one character that needed to be developed, because you see most of them for less than 15 minutes. You're thinking like originally Q was supposed to be Gurren Laggan-vangelion like it was in 2.0, but they changed it at the last second for the piano scenes. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's some fucking conspiracy. The only one who has an obsession with fujoshit is you, friend. I don't think Karl and Shinji are gay at all, but you're deciding to run around and scream that they are and that the movie only exists for "pandering" without being able to look past it.

>>117401141
>That comment about Mari being basically a female Kaworu could mean a lot of shit. I thinks its just there to say that she is a "older girl" who knows about stuff and has her own agenda

The people using that as an argument for her being a dyke are probably the same retards saying that Kaworu and Shinji are gay.
>>
>>117401015
>Not him but just look at how pathetic some fans are. That includes you. If the only way you can enjoy yourself or the source material is by shitting on others, then you have a problem.
You just described Reifags and some Asukafags to a T, good job.
>>
>>117400788
I don't think you understand what you're talking about. It's true that Asuka and Mari doesn't have much of a relationship to speak of. But you don't understand yurifags, or the fujoshi (I'll get to that part later).

You see, yurifags or asukafags/marifags don't exist because they've found this interesting or deep relationship or characters. They exist because Asuka and Mari allows them to fantasize freely.
This is the situation 3.0 sets up for anime fans. It gives them 14 years of blankness along the implication that the two are partners and have a unspecified but close enough relationship.

All that is left for them is to do the math, and they do. If they had a good character and a relationship, they wouldn't be interesting.

Kaworu and Shinji are the same. Kaworu is never a good character because that would remove the fujoshi's ability to fanwank and fantasize. That's why creating a looping scenario with tons of romance imagery is the pandering. The loops and everything in the movie INCLUDING Kaworu's death exists for that purpose.
>>
>>117401167
It's not about how gay it is you fucking idiot. It's about how it happens and why. There's is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but the way it occurs in Rebuild is super contrived and forced like everything else in it.
>>
>>117401013
>So wait is Shinji still human?
All evidence suggests that he was never really human to begin with.
>Are any of the pilots?
Not really. It's pretty much confirmed that they aren't when Shinji, Asuka and Rei are capable of surviving in that anti-lilin wasteland, with Asuka suggesting that the three of them need to find a habitable zone in order for the lilin to pick them up. Mari and Asuka are mostly human, but with some slight differences like immortality thanks to curse of Eva as well as Asuka's angel contamination. Shinji, Rei and Kaworu are on another level.
>The red eyes during awakening were not exactly normal,
He is a confirmed impact-trigger and his awakenings were written and foretold in the dead sea scrolls. That's a dead giveaway that he was never human.

>I wonder how fucked up Asuka is under that plug suit.
I think you mean the eye patch. Which contains the same angel-sealing hex glyphs that Shinji had programmed into his choker.
>>
>>117401167
>Not him but episode 24 was a billion times gayer
Just stop. Nobody cares. It's not about how gay it was. Read my post again and you'll see why.
You can't defend this.

>>117401203
>Name one character that needed to be developed,
Every single one of them that contributes to the plot. That's Asuka, Mari, Misato, Ritsuko, everyone he meets within the first minutes.

You're now calling it a conspiracy, which means you're trying to discredit it instead of understanding it. You're afraid that it's true, and your denial can't last forever anon.

I gave you very objective proof that you can't deny, and now you're stuck in it.
>>
>>117401234
It isn't pandering, it's just Anno doing what he wants to do, which is a Kawoshin love story.
>>
>>117401316
>the 5 minutes it occurs in 3.0 is super contrived and forced and ruins the whole movie
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>117401338
...well, that would constitute pandering..... Kawoshin pandering in specific.

If the rest of the Kaworufags could accept that bit, and stop pretending 3.0 isnt' what it is, then we could actually move on.
>>
>>117401375
Who said it ruined the whole movie landwhale? It was part of what made the movie mediocre.
>>
>>117401385
Then by that logic everything in 2.0 is pandering as well. The Mari boob shots, Asuka's plugsuit, and Pokapoka Rei.
It's either both movies are shit or neither of them are because they both pander in equal amounts. The only reason you excuse the former and not the latter is because it isn't pandering to you this time.
>>
>>117401203
>>117401167
It's really tiresome participating in these threads because of people like you. The autistic Kaworufan or 3.0-fan that just won't accept what 3.0 objectively is, and keeps playing coy the entire thread.

You're basing your arguments and position on the pretense of not understanding 3.0, it's audience or what panderings to various fanbases mean.

You haven't seen one anon ITT saying that it's "too gay", and that's one dumb red herring you use.

Anyone who is not insane can understand what just happened with 3.0. We went from 2.0 to 3.0, and in one grand move killed of everything that would get in the way of gay piano.

Every character change, setting change and so on is made explicitly to get Shinij to Kaworu and the piano. That's why there's a timeskip to excuse all those changes.

It's why Misato acts retarded. It's why Asuka is still alive as a confrontational bitch. It's why Rei is mysteriously gone. It's why Shinji is removed from the Wunder and placed next to Kaworu in a matter of minutes.

It's why Shinji tries literally everything else, and has to go to Kaworu as the last option he has.

That's contrived. It really hurts discussion that you won't try to understand 3.0.
>>
>>117401475
Not him, but yeas they are both full of pandering. Neither were good, at least in the context of Eva.
>>
>>117401385
NGE was about childhood to adolescence and all of the awkward shit it brings regarding self discovery, sexuality and communication with others.

Rebuild is about the transcendence into adulthood. That includes the increased focus on responsibilities and all of the soulmate, equal-standing shit between Kaworu and Shinji.
>>
>>117401324
>I think you mean the eye patch. Which contains the same angel-sealing hex glyphs that Shinji had programmed into his choker.

No, I meant her body, I imagine she has pretty serious scars after that incident, I assume that's why she is always wearing her plug suit.
>>
>>117401420
You fags keep saying the only movie was set up for gay pianos, it was only meant to pander to fujoshi, yet the actual scene in question is under 5 minutes. Keep in mind the Wunder scene takes up almost half of the movie, if they were pandering to fujoshi I'm sure they would've cut that out.
>>
>>117401540
>It's really tiresome participating in these threads because of people like you. The autistic Kaworufan or 3.0-fan that just won't accept what 3.0 objectively is, and keeps playing coy the entire thread.

Same goes for you too buddy. Can't have one thoughtful or regular 3.0 thread without faggots like you shitting it up.
>>
>>117401475
>Then by that logic everything in 2.0 is pandering as well. The Mari boob shots, Asuka's plugsuit, and Pokapoka Rei.
No, not by that logic.
Because you can see, it's not about the presence of fanservice in the form of sexy imagery. 3.0 has that too aplenty, as well as 1.0.

The pandering in question relates more to the plot movements and the analysis of it, as well as the results it gives. 2.0 gets fanservicey but doesn't exceed the fanservice in the original first half.
It also bases every single one of it's pot movements on plausible developments within characters that are well founded before they happen. That's what NGE did.

You're half-accepting I'm right, because you just accepted that 3.0 was pandering. What you're trying to do now is excuse yourself for liking 3.0 by saying "you're just as bad".

Come on don't do this.
>>
>>117401576
Ironic how they were trying to pander to fujoshi but the Kaworu scenes ended up being otaku/normalfags pandering as well.
>>
>>117400825
Nobody likes being told that they're wrong, but I'll gladly admit it if somebody actually supports their points instead of just essentially saying "Nuh uh!!!"

>>117400861
You don't need to hate your audience, but you can still hate the way your work was received.
If I put a ton of work into a novel and gave it to a friend to read, and they completely missed the point of the novel, I wouldn't dislike them for missing it. I'd certainly dislike the fact that they'd missed the point.
>>
>>117401576
It's not just the piano scene, you retard. It's all leading up to Kaworu. The whole movie is fujoshi pandering Kaworu everywhere shit.
>>
>>117401540
You don't need anyone gone to have gay piano, but since almost everyone was gone in episode 23-24, everyone must be gone in its Rebuild equivalent.
>>
>>117401616
We do have them until you start getting made that "OMG U CANT NOT LIKE MUH KAWOSHIN MUH MOVIE".

Notice how we were discussing it fine until you arrived.
>>
>>117401327
>You're calling it a conspiracy

I'm actually doing the opposite of that.

Asuka, Mari, Misato, and Ritsuko all had hints to show what had happened during the timeskip, retard. The story is about Shinji not knowing what the fuck is going on, and being lost in an unfamiliar place. They'll all get their development in 3.0+1.0. Q was strictly focused on Shinji.

>>117401540
>I won't try to understand 3.0
>He thinks Misato and Asuka acting how they do is out of place or weird

Misato's just a tiny bit conflicted about the fact that she pushed Shinji into starting 3rd Impact, which is exactly what she joined NERV to avoid happening. Asuka is a confrontational bitch, because Shinji just fucking left her for 14 years, and she had no closure other than "He and Rei left together"

Rei is mysteriously gone because of what happened in your precious 2.0, friend. I really think you're forgetting how long it was before you even SEE Karl, and how fast it was in the time between him being introduced and dying.
>>
>>117401552
>NGE was about childhood to adolescence and all of the awkward shit it brings regarding self discovery, sexuality and communication with others.
>Rebuild is about the transcendence into adulthood. That includes the increased focus on responsibilities and all of the soulmate, equal-standing shit between Kaworu and Shinji.

None of that is actually true though. It doesn't fit with what 3.0 actually does.

>>117401687
>You don't need anyone gone to have gay piano, but since almost everyone was gone in episode 23-24, everyone must be gone in its Rebuild equivalent.

That's self-contradicting. You're saying that everyone MUST be gone in it's Rebuild equivalent, yet that you don't need to do so.

Everyone wasn't gone in NGE, they were still there. Rebuild actually physically separates people, imprisons them or kills them while also abandoning their characters, and making narrative statements why they should be forgotten.

If you have to remove everyone to get to a fanservicey Piano section, common logic dictates you shouldn't remove everyone. If you can't get there logically or without sacrificing anything, don't do it.
>>
>>117401771
Do you really think 10 minutes at the most of piano shit was pandering? It was there to show Shinji and Karl becoming in synch with each other so that they could pilot the Eva
>>
>>117401770
>I'm actually doing the opposite of that.
You're belittling it as a conspiracy. Don't leave out the rest of the sentence.
I'm still right.

>Asuka, Mari, Misato, and Ritsuko all had hints to show what had happened during the timeskip, retard.
No. There are no hints except marginally changed haircuts. You're suggesting fanwank to make up for stuff 3.0 should have had.

You're also placing the responsibility of what 3.0 failed to do no the next movie. Q was focused on kaworu and shinji, neglegcting everything else.

Kaworufag, stop running away from the truth. You mustn't run away. You can't prove yourself right because even YOU know you're wrong. That's why all of your counterarguments will be destroyed, because they're just excuses you made for yourself.
>>
After the Karl and Shinji quality time in 3.0, I hope Shinji gets to finally sit down and talk with Asuka and find out what happened.

Maybe she can snap him out of his depression, I don't want a repeat of EoE, this shit is new, let Shinji get passed it.

They are going to be walking around in a desert for awhile, let them finally have a few scenes together, so Asuka can chill out.

Rei Q can just sit back and be awkward.
>>
>>117401663
>gets called out by stating that the piano scene literally 5 minutes long

"...W-well it's still pandering shit b-because it's all leading up to that piano scene! Even those stupid and long battle scenes that show off the other characters it's all pandering to yaoi shit I swear!"

You faggots just don't like the fact that one of the love interests is gay despite it being essential to the protagonist's development and the theme of the hedgehog's dilemma. Fuck, you people could barely even handle episode 24 for years because of it.
>>
>>117401639
>plausible developments
Yeah, Asuka solving all her problems in a 30 second phone conversation is really true to SE.

>because you just accepted that 3.0 was pandering
Now you're just putting words in my mouth. 3.0 is Anno making a movie that he wanted to make, all the 'gay piano' shit included. I doubt what the audience wanted had little to no influence on his desire to make 3.0 the way he wanted to.
Look back into my previous posts, in which of them did I say 3.0 is good? That I liked it? I think Rebuild is shit in general, with 2.0 being the shittiest. However out of the three movies, I will admit 3.0 is the most like Eva (Excluding the shitty and rushed rehash that was 1.0), and therefore I will defend it against autistic Reifags like yourself. Sorry that Anno isn't pandering to your version of Eva, but that's life. Deal with it.
>>
>>117401825
You're making a mistake in taking him literally, it's not the gay piano scenes alone. It's the scenario 3.0 puts them in, the gay piano scene is merely the cliche thing they did to appeal to fujoshi extremely overtly.

All alone at NERV, a romantic setting, and then adding in a plot about loops and how Kaworu always tries to help and love Shinji. It's pretty much like a fanfic.

Why do you think the plot requires Shinji and Karl to synch? Because that sounds romantic and it means they're made for each other since they can synch. They cannibalized the dancing training to defeat Israfel and turned into "sweet music" for Kaworu and Shinji.

How does piano make them synch anyway? It makes no sense, but it's kind of romantic.
>>
>>117401825
The 10 minutes is only the part-way climax. The movie can't start with it, it had to get there, and it used cheap methods that destroyed everything else to do so.

The syncing thing is also kawoshin-related. Yes, Anno and 3.0 just made up an entirely new EVA that ONLY the two could pilot. The plot and the mechanics has now become a slave to the pandering. EVA's are made, characters are change, everything to help the pandering.

Everyone sees this except you.

>>117401946
Fujoshi pls. Stop rationalizing. Stop pretending it's not as bad as it is.

You're actually taking it literally instead of reading what I'm saying, see above.
>>
>>117401771
> Rebuild actually physically separates people, imprisons them or kills them while also abandoning their characters,

You're implying as if this didn't happen in the anime. Which it did.
>>
>>117401771
>Everyone wasn't gone in NGE
Heh.
>Asuka in a coma
>Misato so scary!
>Rei 2 died, new Rei here doesn't remember shit
>Kensuke and Toji moved away
Nigga you're high.
>>
>>117401964
>Yeah, Asuka solving all her problems in a 30 second phone conversation is really true to SE.
Being true to SE is not the same as being plausible. Notice how you had to bring up a red herring to counter me. You can't do this.

The developments are all plausible for the characters as they are characterized in the movie. The 30 second phonecall is plausible due to the previous development in the movie.

As for the rest you're just plain wrong. You keep defending the movie on false reasoning, that you only want to do it because of fanbase politics. Your'e making up enemies and neglecting understanding a movie, and thus creating conflict where there doens't need to be.

Just because your fan pride is hurt or something?

You've gone as far as defending it as "it's what anno wanted to make, you can't criticize". Just snap out of it.
>>
>>117401907
>Asuka and Shinji talking about his feelings

He actually does these things with Kaworu.
>>
>>117401876
>There are no hints

Yeah, I forgot that there wasn't actually a movie before Q showing what happened. Like I said, "Misato's just a tiny bit conflicted about the fact that she pushed Shinji into starting 3rd Impact, which is exactly what she joined NERV to avoid happening. Asuka is a confrontational bitch, because Shinji just fucking left her for 14 years, and she had no closure other than "He and Rei left together"" was all shown to have happened in 2.0. If you choose to ignore it, go ahead. Don't use it as an excuse to show how misinformed you are and expect me to take you seriously.

>>117401977
You know, out of almost EVERYONE I can think of, Anno is the last person to let fucking fujoshits and waifufags dictate how the movie is written. I don't see it as gay, but if you do, maybe things would be different for you. You thinking it's like a fanfic says more about you than about Anno's intentions.

>how does piano make them sync anyway?
Like you said, it's a condensed version of Asuka and Shinji's dancing in NGE, because they didn't want to spend 20 minutes on it. The piano scenes are actually shorter than Asuka and Shinji's training, and yet people still go fucking insane over them being in the movie.

>>117402090
Explain what you think "pandering" is, because you're using it as a blanket term for "anything I don't like was deliberately put in the script by Anno to appeal to fujoshits"
>>
>>117402123
>You're implying as if this didn't happen in the anime. Which it did.
It didn't. Where's the timeskip? The imprisonment, the killings?
Not in the anime, that's for sure. Their characters are not abandoned either.

>>117402131
No you're high. Look at what happened to those characters. They're still there, physically and as developing characters.
3.0 inserted inself into a place where it was far too early, and then ruined the characters.
NGE made them better.

That's the big difference. It also didn't spend a whole quarter on kawoshin. Check mate faget.
>>
But seriously, I really hope 3.0+1.0 isn't just Shinji sulking the entire movie, and everyone else doing shit.

This is an action movie now, not a character study, let Shinji grow up.
>>
>>117401977
>All alone at NERV, a romantic setting, and then adding in a plot about loops and how Kaworu always tries to help and love Shinji. It's pretty much like a fanfic.

A ruined NERV within a dead wasteland is a romantic setting? AHAHAHAHAHA what the hell?

Also he wasn't alone at the start of the movie, he was with Wille. He had the chance to stay a little longer to get more explanations from Misato and others, but he didn't. He just couldn't accept that they wary of him and his influence as an impact trigger, to say the least.
>>
>>117402296
You're the worst part of the fanbase, worse than the fujoshits.

>Shinji's a pussy
>Yeah put in more big robot battles fuck the story let him become Simon
>>
>>117402214
I think >>117401234
had a good explanation.

Generally when the script lacks substance and does not bother with developing the characters, it's pandering. That's 3.0 in a nutshell.

What separates 1.0 and 2.0 from 3.0, is that the previous two keeps it's large cast of characters intact and developing. But 3.0 drops all of them and focuses on a single thing without developing it properly, making it pandering.
>>
>>117402288
I'm sorry to spoil NGE for you, seeing as how you haven't seen it, but a lot of fucking characters were killed in the anime.
>>
>>117402329
>A ruined NERV within a dead wasteland is a romantic setting? AHAHAHAHAHA what the hell?
Yes, it is. Don't play stupid. Take a look at the piano scene.

>Also he wasn't alone at the start of the movie, he was with Wille. He had the chance to stay a little longer to get more explanations from Misato and others, but he didn't.
Now that's a joke. They are literally trying to kill him and threatening him.

Don't you realize the characters were changed to be hostile fucknuggets so that he'd buzz off?

Stop playing stupid.
>>
>>117402369
>I'm sorry to spoil NGE for you, seeing as how you haven't seen it, but a lot of fucking characters were killed in the anime.
I've seen it retard. Try again.
>>
>>117402334
That was what 2.0 though. You know, the same movie you claimed had NGE elements and was great. Yeah, that's that kind of shit. Not that 3.0 is any better but you need to stop being such an hypocrite.
>>
>>117402334
We already had NGE and EoE for that.

I don't mind him taking some time out to get him self together, but he should do it quick.
>>
>>117402296
I think what we need the most is Shinji interacting with the characters, we need him having meaningful interaction with Asuka, Rei Q, Mari and Misato to have the last movie even standing a chance of not being complete garbage
>>
>>117402214
>Like I said, "Misato's just a tiny bit conflicted about the fact that she pushed Shinji into starting 3rd Impact, which is exactly what she joined NERV to avoid happening.
Which she takes out on Shinji, something that again makes no sense. It's also entirely your fanwank as opposed to something detailed or developed in the film.

No point for you.

>Asuka is a confrontational bitch, because Shinji just fucking left her for 14 years, and she had no closure other than "He and Rei left together"" was all shown to have happened in 2.0
Which implies that in those 14 years, there was no change or significant growth to the character. So the entire character is literally about some boy she met and the butthurt she had for 14 whole years. That's extremely shitty and again, there is no development in the movie or elaboration on this.

It's a one-note character for no reason.

>. If you choose to ignore it, go ahead. Don't use it as an excuse to show how misinformed you are and expect me to take you seriously.
Your fanwank, even if it was canon and actually in the movie, would still be the exact same poor shit that constitutes contrived writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot
Read this.

That's what 3.0 turned Rebuild into, and for the sake of kawoshin pandering. It's not good writing.
>>
>>117402288
I have a strong feeling it won't be Asuka doing most of the explanations. It's either going to be Misato or Kaji, assuming that he's still alive.

Asuka's eventually going to feel guilt regarding her treatment of Shinji and will come to the conclusion that she's just as immature and closed of as he is.
>>
>>117402363
But it's focusing on a single thing in order to set up the next movie. Q is just one chunk of the story that's out of context, and hopefully we'll be given context in FINAL. I have a different definition of pandering, I guess.

>>117402396
Wow, you're more delusional than the actual fujoshits. Every character had a reason to be that way, dumbass. They weren't completely fucking rewritten just so the piano scenes could happen. It's funny to me that you're so blinded by rage at the piano scenes that you didn't even pay attention to Q at all. I have no idea how you could have come to the conclusion that they were threatening him and trying to kill him. They had CHANCES to kill him and they didn't even do it, you moron.
>>117402448
I'm not him, I hate 2.0.

>>117402529
>Which she takes out on Shinji
She's being cold and distant to him, I don't see how she's "taking it out" on him. She's acting like Gendo.
>>
>>117402214
>You know, out of almost EVERYONE I can think of, Anno is the last person to let fucking fujoshits and waifufags dictate how the movie is written.
Well, he just did. If you read the interviews, key writers like Tsurumaki are busy being huge waifufags over the script, saying that "because he's an Asuka fan, he won't allow this or this change", and similarly claiming that he's aiming to make his favorite a stronger character.

>I don't see it as gay
It's not about seeing it as "gay", and this tired argument you keep making is just proof that you've lost at this point.

>Like you said, it's a condensed version of Asuka and Shinji's dancing in NGE, because they didn't want to spend 20 minutes on it.
Now you're avoiding that they gave it to Kaworu, and forced it into a part of the story where it doesnt' need to be. They needed it in the original because they couldn't do it otherwise, they tried. Not in Rebuild, it's the first order of the day.

You are just a kaworufan defending your husbando. That's it.

That's why nobody else but kaworufans will take you seriously.
>>
>>117402520
I agree with this, he really needs to talk with Asuka and Misato.

I don't really know about Rei Q though, I feel like she doesn't really need to be part of the story.
>>
>>117402396
>They are literally trying to kill him and threatening him.

No, they are threatening him with death, not trying to kill him. Those are two very different things.
>>
>>117402596
>She's being cold and distant to him, I don't see how she's "taking it out" on him. She's acting like Gendo.
Which is the exact same as taking it out on him. She's not acting like Gendo in the slightest.

can you admit being wrong now?
>>
>>117402633
Reifag pls
>>
>>117402642
>No, they are threatening him with death, not trying to kill him. Those are two very different things.
They tried to kill him in the end, but failed. Couldn't pull the trigger.

At first they threaten him over and over, then when Misato tries, she fails due to a contrived burst of emotions at the right time.
Otherwise the movie would be over.

>>117402596
>Wow, you're more delusional than the actual fujoshits. Every character had a reason to be that way, dumbass. They weren't completely fucking rewritten just so the piano scenes could happen.
Yes, they were. It's sad that you don't see it. Very sad, you must be exceptionally stupid or dense.

Notice how there is no development or reason showcased in the movie for that whatsoever.
>>
>>117402596
>But it's focusing on a single thing in order to set up the next movie. Q is just one chunk of the story that's out of context, and hopefully we'll be given context in FINAL. I have a different definition of pandering, I guess.
You have the wrong definition of pandering, and the wrong understanding of this movie.

You're merely postponing your conclusion to a point in time where it will no longer be valid or of importance.

It's focusing on a single thing not to set up the previous movie, but to pander. This is proven by how it abandoned two whole movies of existing setup, because otherwise they wuoldn't be able to pander at all.

It wasn't realistic that Kaworu and Shinji would be put together after 2.0. That's why you need drastic measures like what happened with 3.0.
>>
>>117402736
>Notice how there is no development or reason showcased in the movie for that whatsoever.

Literally a delusional and enraged autist.

It was there to strengthen their bond while foreshadowing the synchronisation methods for eva 13.
>>
File: 1416620777103.png (195 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1416620777103.png
195 KB, 500x374
I hate loving Eva so much. I hate that it associates me with all of the bickering waifufaggots and retards who can't properly comprehend the messages conveyed in both the original series and the Rebuild movies.
>>
>>117402634
Well, the problem is that she is there already, you can't undo her so they need to at least try to fix it.
>>
>>117402596
>She's being cold and distant to him, I don't see how she's "taking it out" on him. She's acting like Gendo.
Not him but now you're reaching.

If your fanwank idea that she's angry about all that is true, then she'd be treating Shinji normally. But since she acts cold and distance, ignores his questions and is constantly passive-aggressive, there's no doubt she's taking it out on Shinji.

Much like everyone else does.
>>
>>117402213
Ya, but Asuka needs it now as well, she needs some closure, and Shinji needs to realize she doesn't hate him, she is just incredible frustrated with his actions.

But for this to happen, either Asuka needs realize how bad he currently is, or he needs to show some initiative and confront her about it.
Wonder which one will fold first.
>>
>>117402824
Literally a delusional and enraged autist. Go hug your kawoshin doujinpile over at /cm/.

>>>/cm/
>>
>>117402898
Not that anon you're responding to, but

>wears glasses to hide her emotions
>now acts cold and distant with fellow NERV operators and co-workers
>Shinji now aiming for Misato's approval instead of Gendo's approval

She's basically the new Gendo.
>>
>>117400159

That's that delusional Reifag.
>>
>>117402824
Well, are you so obtuse that you can't see that EVA13 is specifically designed to have Kaworu and Shinji together?
EVA13 is an unprecedented EVA that requires to people to pilot it. It was literally made for having two people together.

EVA13, it's synchronization method, everything about it is made to pander Kawoshin. Why on earth would you make a super-technological Evangelion unit that SOMEHOW required that it's pilots became piano maestros within a single montage?

Logically, or even from an engineering perspective the idea makes one want to kill themselves because of how stupid it is.There is one PoV and one PoV only it makes sense, and that was if someone at one time thought:

"It would be nice if we could have Kaworu and Shinji together, maybe center it around music because Kaworu likes music, and then have them train together and play piano".

In other words, it's Kawohin pandering.
>>
>>117402939
You've now reached a point where you can't defend your opinions with evidence anymore. Damn, this Reifag is beyond mad.
>>
>>117402633
>forced it into a part of the story where it doesn't need to be

But who decides that? I'm just confused by what you mean.

Again, I'm not a fucking kaworufag, or a reifag, or an asukafag.

>>117402681
Are you serious? Misato's role has shifted to Gendo's, that's why she's always standing above Shinji and her eyes are covered. I don't know how you can honestly think that Misato ignoring Shinji while they're in the middle of a crisis is "taking it out on him"

Were you abused as a child?

>>117402736
Again, if that's your issue, it would be the result of 2.0. Characters tend to change over 14 years, so I don't know what you want. They aren't the focus of Q, Shinji is. They were the focus of 2.0. You're claiming that Karl and Shinji had no reason to have any scenes together, when the plot of the movie revolved around Shinji triggering another impact. You're literally saying that because the movie centers around the interactions with a character you don;t like, it's pandering. I'm assuming you're a reifag, because no one else gets so defensive. You're forgetting, I'm not arguing that 3.0 was written to heavily involve Karl and Shinji. I'm telling you that something isn't "pandering" just because you don't like it.

>>117402815
If that's the definition you're using, you're forgetting there was as much if not more pandering in 2.0.
>>
>>117403028
>wears glasses to hide her emotions
Gendo doesn't do that. He has problems with eyesight.

>now acts cold and distant with fellow NERV operators and co-workers
Not always the case with Gendo, who is nice with Rei and others. Misato is emotional wheres Gendo isn't.
Saying that a character becomes another is not an argument either.

>Shinji now aiming for Misato's approval instead of Gendo's approval
For Misato's forgiveness, not approval.

At any rate this is pure speculation, fanwank and conjecture that doesn't have anything in the movie to back it up. Except for the notion that you try your hardest to make sense of it.

If that is what you've produced, then Misato is a shit character just like you could initially deduce.
>>
Do these threads always turn into bitch and arguing about Karl?
>>
>>117402898
You know that she just doesn't have the fucking time to bother explaining everything to Shinji, right? The whole intro takes place over like a day at the most. And when they START to explain things to him, Rei shows up and he goes with her.

>>117403028
>>
>>117403100
He doesn't need to when you never did that to begin with.

>>117403138
>But who decides that? I'm just confused by what you mean.
The story itself, more or less. You can objectively claim such a thing. If it doesn't have buildup, it's forced in.
If the sole reason it is allowed to happen is a timeskip, it's forced in.
>>
File: 1416302768738.jpg (398 KB, 890x1024) Image search: [Google]
1416302768738.jpg
398 KB, 890x1024
I'm just gonna post this picture of rei and leave
>>
>>117403072
It's a good way to hit two birds with one stone. They need to advance the plot and make Kaworu and Shinji form a bond, so why not do both? How is this pandering just because some fans and Anno himself are entertained with this idea. If Anno had crafted the story to specifically cater to these fans, it would have been pandering and you would have an argument. But Anno made it this way because he wanted to, so no, it isn't pandering.
>>
>>117403163
The point being that Gendo deliberately covers his eyes, you don't see his fucking eyes. Eyes are the windows to the soul, and he blocks them off. Now Misato's doing the same thing, and the first time we see her eyes is after she's confilcted about detonating Shinji's collar.
>>
>>117403193
>You know that she just doesn't have the fucking time to bother explaining everything to Shinji, right?
She had the time, she just spent it on being passive-aggressive instead.
>>
File: LRK_358.jpg (603 KB, 800x692) Image search: [Google]
LRK_358.jpg
603 KB, 800x692
>>117403164
Yes, this is what the average Reifag does in their spare time.
>>
>>117403138
>Are you serious?
Are you? Misato stands beside Shinji, and below him in select scens. Gendo is always above still.

>I don't know how you can honestly think that Misato ignoring Shinji while they're in the middle of a crisis is "taking it out on him"
You know what, you need help. You're autistic and I feel sorry for you.

You have no capability for emotion or understanding other people. You are outright fucked in the head, and maybe the comment of childhood abuse is best directed at yourself to excuse your behavior.

If you think threatening Shinji on his life, and ignoring him when he's been in a 14-year old coma while taking an aggressive tone is somehow NOT taking it out on him, then you're fucked up. There's no other answer.
>>
>>117403268
>The point being that Gendo deliberately covers his eyes, you don't see his fucking eyes.
Except you do in both Rebuild and the TV-shows. There's only a few times where you can't see through his glasses and that's because of the lightning. His glasses ARE see-through.

>>117403267
It's pandering because the two birds are just one bird in reality. The entertainment.

>If Anno had crafted the story to specifically cater to these fans, it would have been pandering and you would have an argument. But Anno made it this way because he wanted to, so no, it isn't pandering.
It's pandering in both situations.

Don't you see the big logical error you made? Regardless what he made, he would have wanted ot made it, so by that logic you're saying that nothing he ever did could be considered pandering.

It was pandering to the highest degree.
>>
>>117403164
Yes, and it's mostly from the Reifags. 3.0 hit them really hard and they need a scape goat to vent out their frustrations.
>>
>>117403272
I see you just got off the phone with Anno. They're in the middle of an attack when Shinji wakes up, dipshit. They're not going to put everything on hold just for Shinji, who no longer has a use to them.

>>117403321
>If you think threatening Shinji on his life, and ignoring him when he's been in a 14-year old coma while taking an aggressive tone is somehow NOT taking it out on him, then you're fucked up. There's no other answer.

I don't think you understand what threatening means. They don't plan to kill Shinji, they're letting him know that he's a danger and if they need to they will. The possibility is there, but they're not setting up an execution. Why shouldn't Misato ignore him while she's preoccupied? He no longer has a role. You're the autistic one for confusing a cold, business-like tone with an aggressive, hateful one. Shinji doesn't deserve to have everyone else put the world on hold just to make him feel up to speed, when ultimately he was the reason they're in that situation in the first place.

>>117403413
There needs to be a seperate word to differentiate "Anno making what he wants" and "changing everything to appeal to parts of the fanbase", then. Anno making the story how he wanted to isn't the same as him rewriting everything so that the fujoshits are happy, like some people are implying.
>>
>>117403164
Reifags are so tsundere for Kaworu, it's not even funny.
>>
>>117403164
Only when you have a Kaworufag in the thread. They'll blame Reifags because they can't defend their arguments.
They're just angry that they lose every single time when it comes to defending this movie.

>>117403138
>If that's the definition you're using, you're forgetting there was as much if not more pandering in 2.0.
2.0 didn't abandon 1.0's setting, nor it's characters.
It continued to develop all it's characters as well.

So it's only 3.0 that is pandering.

>>117403193
IIRC she had the time. Misato's first actions are not to greet or explain, it's actually to be dismissive and threatening. The same is true for the other characters.

I'm not sure how good you are with others in a social context, but for people who have been in an accident and wake up in a place they don't know where they are, or what happened, are really delicate people that needs to be handled delicately.
Waking up with a gun pointed at you is in rather poor taste.

Misato (and the others, I'm not blaming just Misato) fails to do that spectacularly.

>>117403321
Don't bother. He's not actually autistic, he's just another fantard who pretends to be stupid so he can defend 3.0. Happens all the time sadly.
>>
>>117403547
>I see you just got off the phone with Anno. They're in the middle of an attack when Shinji wakes up, dipshit. They're not going to put everything on hold just for Shinji, who no longer has a use to them.
They have time prior to the attack, and after the attack. But during the attack and in those moments, they chose to be aggressive and threatening.

Instead of being welcoming and explanatory. You don't need to have a use for someone to do that, really. But even then, they do have a use for him, and consider him an asset.
>>
>>117403138
>Again, if that's your issue, it would be the result of 2.0.
It's the result of 3.0.

Objectively. 3.0 is the movie that makes the changes, not 3.0. The 14 years inbetween don't exist onscreen. Thus 3.0 is giving you the conclusion, without developing or elaborating.

It is pandering, and regardless of the assumptions you make about me, I'm right on this one. The writing of the movie to heavily include Kaworu and Shinji while also writing out everyone else, is pandering.

The piano scenes, the symbolism, even the very poster is pandering.

On the objective level again, not the subjective which you are appealing to, this is pandering. When you take one whole quarter of the series and devotes it to one thing, when that thing was only a fraction of the source it is coming from, it is pandering.

By the way, you're defensive, I'm on the offense. Get that right at least. I could be making a comment about "who would be so defensive", but I won't.
>>
>>117403583
>2.0 didn't have pandering
>forgetting cooking wars
>forgetting Rei becoming a real girl
>forgetting Shinji starting third impact to save rei

Oh man.

>>117403583
>>117403663
You realize that they aren't really happy with Shinji, right? the majority of the people on the ship only know him as "here's the little shit that destroyed the world"

At that point, he's nothing more than a danger, and they don't even know if it's really Shinji, because they make a point to say that he LOOKS like Shinji, but they're still not sure it's the exact same person.

Why would they be welcoming toward him? They have bigger things to focus on. Again, you don't understand what aggressive or threatening mean. You're saying "They aren't putting everything on hold to make sure Shinji is nice and comfortable and up to date on what's happening, that's aggressive! They're letting him know that he's a danger and they can't trust him, they're threatening him!"
>>
>>117403547
>I don't think you understand what threatening means.
You don't. You're just a sad, sad little man who doesn't think pointing a loaded gun at someone's face is threatening.
You don't think telling someone that they will kill them if they do something isn't threatening.

I do feel sorry for you. I don't know what kind of person would lower himself to the level of self-delusion or feigned idiocy you do because he or she can't concede an argument.

You can't ignore what the movie was or did with lies and ignorance anon.
>>
File: LRK_64709.png (154 KB, 400x685) Image search: [Google]
LRK_64709.png
154 KB, 400x685
Commencing ReixKaworu imagedump.
>>
>>117403926
>You realize that they aren't really happy with Shinji, right? the majority of the people on the ship only know him as "here's the little shit that destroyed the world"
Shouldn't they know better since they're fighting the ACTUAL guys they know destroyed the world, them being NERV and SEELE? Then there's Misato and Ritsuko who should know better, even if I accept your fanwank that they somehow don't.

It's just common sense to bring the person up to speed, even if he's a danger they can learn something by doing so. They risk too much not doing it.

They know he's dangerous when he loses control of his emotions, and so threatening is logically not the way to go if they want to live.

>Why would they be welcoming toward him?
They have everything to gain, and it beats being unwelcoming.
>>
>>117403821
But if Shinji and Rei were together on the poster that wouldn't be pandering at all, right? Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: 1412963614978.jpg (281 KB, 594x419) Image search: [Google]
1412963614978.jpg
281 KB, 594x419
>>117403996
Why?
>>
>>117399363
My Nigga
>>
Whether or not they had time, they handled the Shinji situation poorly.

They should have known he would be super confused as fuck, and they should have been more sympathetic, even if they had to fake it.
Even if he can't pilot an EVA for them, he is still a valuable asset to them, and should be treated as such.
>>
Fucking Reifags can't give up can they
>>
>>117404048
I think you're the one who needs to grow up. If it was Shinji and Rei, or Shinji and Pen-Pen, it would be pandering as well.

You're just proving that you can't remain objective in this discussion by being defensive over a fucking ship. If you were actually interested in the movie's good sides you wouldn't do that.
>>
>>117404137
Justice never sleeps.
>>
>>117403950
See, you're confusing yourself. They're not giving him actual threats. They're expressing caution towards someone that may or may not be Shinji. Telling someone that they're a danger and you'll kill them if they do something stupid isn't a threat, it's WILLE being cautious. They're a fucking military/guerilla group, they don't have the fucking time to make sure Shinji feels relaxed.

>>117404047
Again, they didn't have the time to. It was "Shinji wakes up, he meets misato, battle battle battle, he meets asuka, Toji's sister starts to tell him why he shouldn't leave, Rei busts in and he goes with her"

Without Shinji deciding to save Rei, nothing would have happened. NERV isn't responsible for Shinji deciding to do that.

>it beats being unwelcoming
You're right, everyone should just be nice to each other.

>>117404136
>he is still a valuable asset to them, and should be treated as such.

Without an Eva, Shinji has no value to them.

>>117404154
We both know that if the poster had Shinji and Rei on it no one would be talking about fucking pandering.
>>
>>117404136
>act like a prick to Shinji
>tell him nothing at all
>Rei comes to rescue him
>WILLIE get butthurt over Shinji choosing to escape

I don't understand the logic.
>>
>>117404196
Do you realize how autistic you look to the rest of the fandom? Stop bitching and get over it already.
>>
>>117403926
Greentext is not a substitute for actual argumentation.

You're also forgetting in the rest of the post that we're discussing Misato in specific. Her not being happy with Shinji makes little sense and contradicts the earlier notion that she blames herself entirely.

But even for the rest of the crew, them not liking Shinji isn't developed in the slightest. You can only assume they do, and that makes this one of those idiots plots:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot

The fact is that the situation we're presented with is that WILLE are waking up Shinji. They know he will be confused and dazed as well as vulnerable, and they've literally had 14 years to think about what to say here.

They confirm that his memory really is consistent with a person 14 years out of the loop, and then what do they do? They threaten, verbally abuse and ignore Shinji at every turn. That's not how you bring someone out of a coma. That's how you bring someone out of a coma if you want them to hate you.

Now unless they were having lots of balloons ready and a "SURPRISE GOTCHA" sign waiting they didn't get to show off, they just really really suck ass.
>>
File: LRK_1374548708528.jpg (69 KB, 958x516) Image search: [Google]
LRK_1374548708528.jpg
69 KB, 958x516
>>117404090
Because Adam and Lilith belong together! The Bible told me so!
>>
>>117404209
>We both know that if the poster had Shinji and Rei on it no one would be talking about fucking pandering.
Yes, because everything is a conspiracy against poor, poor Kaworufags am I right?

We both know faggots would explode. You saw how assravaged Asukafags were over 2.0. This would make them go nuclear.
>>
>>117404137
Two years and they still can't get over it and move on.
>>
>>117404154
>Shinji and Pen-Pen
...how
>>
>>117404278
Lilith isn't even in the Bible, and in legend they couldn't get along and Lilith went apeshit
>>
>>117404209
>See, you're confusing yourself. They're not giving him actual threats.
Yeah right. It's a fucking threat you goddamned idiot.

I knew you were autistic.
>>
File: 1416314306762.jpg (418 KB, 1344x524) Image search: [Google]
1416314306762.jpg
418 KB, 1344x524
>alright
>so there's this girl right
>and she brings me here to NERV or whatever
>has some card with her tits on it, it's rite.
>so I go and my mind blanks out
>wake up in some bed right
>she decides to let me stay with her
>I go have a quick bath right? You know to get over some emotional stuff
>now, you won't believe this
>a penguin
>walks in the door
>>
>>117404260
>Look ma, I posted it again!

>verbally abuse
Give me examples of this, please. WILLE is a scavenger group in an apocalyptic world, they don't really give a shit. Are you forgetting about Toji's sister?

>>117404299
I'm not a fucking Kaworufag, I'm just saying that if it was Asuka or Rei on the poster, it wouldn't cause nearly the amount of asspain that it currently does.
>>
>>117404209
>Again, they didn't have the time to
Wrong. If they had the time to be aggressive, threatening and abusive, they had the time to be nice and welcoming.

Your entire argument blown the fuck out right there.

also taking the time to respond to the rest because you are sick in the head:
>We both know that if the poster had Shinji and Rei on it no one would be talking about fucking pandering.
Except people were complaining (Asukafags specifically) already during 2.0. They'd complain even louder if 3.0 was about Shinji and Rei.

I'd be complaining as well, and I fucking know you would too because you're just another waifufag who finds it acceptable as it is.
>>
>>117404416
>I'm just saying that if it was Asuka or Rei on the poster, it wouldn't cause nearly the amount of asspain that it currently does.
...and I am, like everyone else not absolutely fucking insane, saying that it would.

Look at yourself. I didn't even say you were a kaworufag and there you are defending yourself anwyay.
>>
Rei is a clone of his mom, their is no relationship in that.

Come on now.
>>
>>117404443
You realize that they weren't being "abusive" just for the sake it, right? They were just brushing him off, by basically telling him to shut up and sit still. I really think you have some deep trauma you need to work through, because if you interpret how they acted toward him as aggressive and abusive, you're a fucking retard.

>>117404485
>Yes, because everything is a conspiracy against poor, poor Kaworufags am I right?

I assumed that was accusatory, my mistake.
>>
>>117404209
>Without an Eva, Shinji has no value to them.
Not him, but that's clearly not true and it can be proven by several facts the show presents.

If Shinji had no value to them, then they would not have woken him.
That's #1.

If Shinji had no value to them, they would not have put a bomb collar on him as that would negate the idea of him having any value at all. The bomb collar is there because Shinji is important to them and thus has value.
That's #2.

If Shinji had no value to them, then Ritsuko would not be aware that Gendo still needed him, hence they have one of Gendo's trump cards.
That's #3.

You can throw in the emotional value as well from the rest, that's another thing.

Either way it doesn't matter, it's all about mitigating risk and actually acting according to their characterization and goals.

As it is, WILLE, Misato and the rest are just puppets for the plot, which is to move them towards Kaworu to pander.
>>
3.0+1.0 WILL have a 3deep100you ending
>>
>>117404643
I'm saying that apart from being a bargaining chip/pawn/whatever, Shinji has no value.
>>
>>117404136
>>117404210

They didn't have time. They got attacked twice while trying to explain everything to him. 0 chance to persuade him to not go with Rei.

Why would they be sympathetic if they blame him for the impact ?
He was completely useless for them.
>>
File: LRK_1397535730426.jpg (283 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
LRK_1397535730426.jpg
283 KB, 802x1000
>>117404367
Anon-kun pls, Sunday school wouldn't lie to me.
>>
>>117404722
Don't bother trying to get them to understand common sense, they've deluded themselves into thinking that anyone not being overly nice means that they're abusive.
>>
>>117404612
No, you're an autistic sad person who doesn't understand other people. It's not only about how you or I interpret their actions,it's about HOW they can be interpreted for another person in Shinij's situation.

It is a basic function of empathy and sympathy to understand that
-brushing people off
-telling them to shut up

will have negative consequences for someone in Shinji's situation.

His reaction proves me absolutely right, he recoils and loses trust in them entirely.

You literally don't have an argument besides "I don't want to see it that way, despite the fact that the movie does.".
>>
>>117404711
That means he does have value. Even as a pawn, bargaining chip/whatever, they're not treating him according to value.

They are turning a pawn over to the enemy before it even gets to the opposite side of the chessboard.

>>117404722
>They didn't have time.
They had time. All they had to do was to spend the time hey used on being aggressive and threatening to explain.

>>117404780
Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>117404783
Nice job at ignoring what I'm arguing. I'm not saying that it won't have any negative connotation, I'm saying that you're a moron for thinking that brushing someone off and telling them to fuck off is being aggressive and abusive.
>>
>>117404899
>I'm saying that you're a moron for thinking that brushing someone off and telling them to fuck off is being aggressive and abusive.
Heh.
>>
>>117404520
They share a platonic bond whereas Asuka and Shinji aren't capable to bond.
>>
>>117404899
>I'm saying that you're a moron for thinking that brushing someone off and telling them to fuck off is being aggressive and abusive.
Hm.

Do you need to to talk to someone anon? Whatever life you're leading now can't possibly be healthy if you sincerely believe this.

>>117404969
They do bond, it just ends poorly for them.
>>
>>117404866
I don't know how this isn't clicking for you. They were being "aggressive" to speed shit up and get him out of the way sooner, because they were in a fucking battle.

>>117404921
Wonderful counterargument.
>>
>>117404643

He woke up himself because Asuka called apparently.

He is just dangerous. That is not a positive value. Its the exact opposite. They can't use him at all other then cause mass death on their own people.

Still has 0 value for them. Its not like they can bargain with him. If Gendo gets him its over.

Emotional value ? To whom ? Maaaaybe Asuka but she would never openly state that.

Their goals is just to lock him up and tell him not to pilot which they did.
>>
>>117404866

No they didn't have the time.
>>
>>117405002
If they hadn't been cold and harsh to him, however, none of that would have happened.
>>
>>117404993
It's so funny. You go "they're not aggressive", and you you're saying they are just "aggressive".
>>
>>117404990
I don't think you know what "abuse" actually is. A fucking band of guerilla fighters don't give a shit about making sure an impulsive kid who fucked the world up feels comfortable while they're in the middle of trying to survive, they tell him just to shut up and wait for things to settle down. For the third fucking time, Toji's sister had started to explain some things to Shinji when Rei came in. He wasn't waiting in WILLE for weeks with no word, he waited maybe a day at the MOST.

>>117405098
>if everyone was nice and friends nothing bad would have ever happened

Yeah, that would have made for a real fucking interesting hour and a half. Aren't there better series for you if that's what you want?

>>117405128
Notice how I put it in quotations? Do you really not understand what that sentence means?
>>
>>117404969
They did bond, Shinji just exploded the world and vanished, which caused her to be very angry.

Even now when everyone else hates him, she can't stop thinking about him. Her entire character in the rebuild movies basically revolves around him at this point.

He also has incredibly strong feelings for her, whether it's platonic or romantic is up in the air.
>>
>>117405201
Ok if they didn't need Shinji, why didn't they just kill him and let it be done with?
>>
>>117404993
The delusion is real.

Top kek anon, you're so delusional I feel sorry for you.

>>117405002
>He woke up himself because Asuka called apparently.
Nope, that was in space. He wakes up at WILLE as a planned measure.

>He is just dangerous. That is not a positive value. Its the exact opposite.
Negative value? That's still value. Absolute value if you will.

>They can't use him at all other then cause mass death on their own people.
...or to avoid mass death on their own people. He can be used for research, or as a bargaining chip, and as long as they have Shinji, his soul and all there, Gendo doesn't.

What they dont' need to do is to convince him that they're shit so he'll defect first chance.

Let's describe what WILLE did.

They woke up someone they knew Gendo needed.
Then they convinced him that they were full of shit and a bunch of assholes who wanted him dead.
Then they don't even tell him about Gendo being evil and whatnot.

They literally woke him up just so they could give him a reason to run away.

BRAVO ANNO
R
A
V
O

A
N
N
O

>Emotional value ?
Misato since she was after all, not able to kill him.
>>
>>117405222
>He also has incredibly strong feelings for her

Are we watching the same movies? They had something going on in the anime but not in the movies.
>>
>>117405201
Your world view is laughable.

I know you're autistic because an autistic person is only ever able to consider an emotional exchange from one PoV.

Congratulations on showcasing that people who defend 3.0 are actually autistic.
>>
>>117405251
Because they had no reason to unless he tried to pilot an Eva

They didn't want to kill him, but they were prepared to if he was going to do something that would fuck the world.

>>117405279
Again, just an absolutely thought provoking argument. I'm sure you have a lot of counter-points, but you're just not going to bother wasting your time, right?
>>
>>117405201
>Yeah, that would have made for a real fucking interesting hour and a half. Aren't there better series for you if that's what you want?
Yeah, it would have been more interesting than, "oh shinji I'm Kaworu, let me fix this. Oh and we're meant to be together, so let's play some piano."
I feel like there would have been more possibilities had Shinji not left for NERV.
>>
3.0 was basically 2 episodes stretched out to an entire film.
>>
>>117405098

Maybe Rei would have just taken him by force even if that means death for him. (Getting his DNA would be probably enough to create a clone.)

Anyway. Yeah they had bad luck it happened. Still can't really blame them. They think he is responsible for the death of nearly everyone they have ever loved.

In the end Shinji didn't follow Gendo and started the Impact on his own free will although everyone including Kaworu _explicitly_ told him not to do it.
>>
>>117405347
I'm sure Shinji sitting in a cell for an hour and a half would have been absolutely thought provoking.

>>117405344
Again, make an argument. I'm pretty sure you're the autistic one here, for not being able to grasp any concepts you don't personally gold.
>>
Why did WILLIE go to the gigantic effort of launching two Eva's into space, only to rescue Shinji, if they were never going to use him in any significant manner?
>>
>>117405201
>Yeah, that would have made for a real fucking interesting hour and a half. Aren't there better series for you if that's what you want?
Honestly, it would be a lot better. If they were, the characters would be more realistic and we'd have a bigger shot at getting some emotional downcrashes that weren't based on powerpoints and gay piano.

3.0 is exceptionally poorly written. It's a story that forcibly removes all help, all chance for success and ridiculously overpowers the antagonists and somehow expect narratively that the audience would expect any other end.
It's predictable and outright boring. Looks cool, but it's terrible.

It's the Phantom Menace of NGE.
>>
>>117405444
They say the need Unit 01 to power the Wunder. Not sure if they can use it like that with Shinji in there
>>
>>117405462
The phantom menace of Rebuild is 1.0, because it was unnecessary.

>>117405444
They didn't want Gendo to have him.
>>
>>117405357
That's basically all I'm trying to say. 3.0 was shit and relies on "luck" for the plot to be driven towards Anno's wants.

>>117405425
>I'm sure Shinji sitting in a cell for an hour and a half would have been absolutely thought provoking.
And I'm sure you're just being a faggot who has no imagination.
>>
>>117405425
>Again, make an argument. I'm pretty sure you're the autistic one here, for not being able to grasp any concepts you don't personally gold.
I made mine earlier. You just keep denying the aggressivity and the obvious outcome even in the movie.

You have to be insane to be in as much denial as you are.

Everything says you're wrong. The dialogue, the way Shinji perceives it, the movie itself denies you being right here. You only have a deep seated need for them to not actually have been aggressive because it's a point that defeats your argument entirely.

They had the time, and chose to use it poorly.
>>
>>117405520
Oh right I completely forgot it was the EVA they were obtaining, not Shinji. My bad.
>>
I feel like 3.0 was Anno trying WAY too hard to be Anno.

He basically said to himself "man, everyone really liked 2.0! but I am Anno, I must spit in their faces"

So he changes the setting. He retcons the ending of 2.0. And then he panders extremely hard to a group that wasn't really pandered too much before and leaves us with an unsatisfying ending that he probably thought was "heartbreaking" or a "downer."
>>
>>117405337
He liked her very much as a friend, they had a few nice scenes together, and he was completely torn up when she got turned into an angel and went into a coma, and was enthusiastically happy when he found out she was still alive.

Probably is it was a 2 hour movie, and got overshadowed by Rei, but he still had a strong bond with her, just like Rei and Misato.
>>
>>117405345
You don't need to counter-argue someone who's only argument is "no they weren't".

>>117405535
>That's basically all I'm trying to say. 3.0 was shit and relies on "luck" for the plot to be driven towards Anno's wants.
Pretty much. Luck as in contrived bullshit.

>>117405529
>They didn't want Gendo to have him.
That's fucking stupid. Gendo has angels in space defending the thing.

Jesus everything about this movie is just fanwank fanwank. It's a castle made out of air, a house made out of straw.
>>
>>117405279

Yes he first wakes up himself. Then he gets waken up because he is a threat now.

No its not.

Research ? Doubtful after so many years later.

They can't use him to bargain like I already explained.

They woke him up to contain him as he was now a real threat. They told him that and also that everything is fine unless he pilots.
They weren't able to explain everything including Gendo because they got attacked.

Misato would never openly accept that.
>>
>>117405444
They didn't, they wanted 01 to power their stupid ass ship.

He just randomly woke up because Asuka called out to him, for some reason even though she thought he was dead for 14 years.
>>
>>117405546
>They had the time
I really think you need to rewatch the movie. There was no opportunity for them to clue him in on a decade and a half that he wasn't present for. Right when someone starts to tell him what's been happening, he gets impulsive and goes with Rei, even though they start screaming at him not to, because he doesn't know the whole story.
>>117405529
No, you retard. They wanted Unit 01.
>>
>>117405201

Don't bother, they self insert in Shinji and blame anyone who isn't sucking his world destroying cock and coddling him. They are reality challenged NEETS who don't understand people have different priorities and Shinji isn't important to them to put him above their lives.
>>
>>117405612
If my argument is "no they weren't", yours is "I'm out of touch with reality and I think a kid that they didn't plan on having around should be the number one priority for a group of scavengers still dealing with shit directly caused by him"

You know you have nothing to say, so just admit it or fuck off.
>>
>>117405444

They didn't give a shit about Shinji. They wanted Eva 01 to power up the Wunder and needed Shinji OUT the Eva because he kind of causes AWAKENINGS AND IMPACTS if he stays there.

They were going to let Shinji live if he shut up and sat still, but most of them, except for Misato and Asuka, wanted him dead and gone.
>>
>>117405688
Stop being such a faggot.
>>
>>117405629
>Yes he first wakes up himself. Then he gets waken up because he is a threat now.
The EVA wakes up. Shinji is never shown to wake up until WILLE wakes him up. He is literally unconscious when they wake him. A
Anon get real, you're wrong.

>No its not.
Mathematically speaking, strategically speaking, hell yeah. He's a de facto valuable asset to them. Even if he wasn't, they have a moral obligation to do it right if they're taking responsibility by waking him.

>Research ? Doubtful after so many years later.
They seem to be doing well with what they have. They could learn. I'm sure Ritsuko has ideas.

>They can't use him to bargain like I already explained.
You didn't explain that, and they can use him to bargain, and they can use him to deny Gendo.

>They woke him up to contain him as he was now a real threat.
Since they were getting the EVA before he wakes up, that's wrong.

>They weren't able to explain everything including Gendo because they got attacked.
They didn't explain anything he could understand. Their explanation is only exposition for the audience. It's not realistic to tell him what they told him, because they know he wouldn't understand any of it.

>Misato would never openly accept that.
Says who, you? Either way, accepting it openly or not matters not, since I was merely proving that there is emotional value.
It's out in the open now anyway.
>>
>>117405535

Or maybe it wasn't bad luck or luck just Gendo actually registering the fact that Shinji woke up.

He probably saw what happened in space etc. too therefore it is understandable why the attack happens right away.

Then you would have to somewhat blame Wille who didn't protect Shinji enough. Although they technically did because Misato had the chance to deny Gendo.
>>
>>117405564

2.0 had a different ending until Ohtsuki and Enokido proposed to lure the audience into positive thinking. You should have learned that Anno was going to Anno'ed you when he accepted the change.

He had it in mind because he told Akira Ishida what will happen a while ago, but only to him. That's why he was shocked nobody of the VA knew about this direction until they recorded their lines.
>>
>>117405658
>I really think you need to rewatch the movie. There was no opportunity for them to clue him in on a decade and a half that he wasn't present for.
There was. Since the beginning all they need to do was say

"Take a seat Shinji, you can trust it, a load of shit happened and you need to take it calm".

Instead they point guns at him, don't answer questions, threaten him and are generally dismissive and passive aggressive.

When they do begin to explain, they start using terms and concepts Shinji has never heard of before, and so the explanation is useless. They would know it was useless because they didn't know it themselves either before Shinji vanished. There is no reason for them to assume he did.

All of this, from Asuka punching towards Shinji and Ritsuko saying he's sinned, it's things that make him lose trust in them and distrust them as opposed to trust them.
They're setting themselves up for failure and there's no plot-related reason or character related reason that actually can defend that.

What little the movie establish that WILLE wants to avoid (Shinji becoming emotionally unstable) is the one thing they don't try avoiding. Even when they find Shinji inside an EVA later, they STILL verbally abuse him and attack him. Even when Shinji wants to talk instead of fight.

It's a poorly written movie and that's a fact.
>>
>>117405752
See >>117404783

Your only rebuttal was

when the movie establishes such behavior to be interpreted as aggressive and abusive through Shinji's reaction.
Given that Misato etc... know Shinji, they would also know the inevitable consequence.

Not that you do need to.

If you tell someone to "fuck off" and to "brush them off", you are being aggressive. You need some serious mental gymnastics to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>117405812
>Or maybe it wasn't bad luck or luck just Gendo actually registering the fact that Shinji woke up.
Not him but it's bad luck because Gendo relies completely on WILLE fucking up easy shit to succeed with his plans.
He doesn't have an active player on the field or any influence, he just sits and waits for things to go south, and south they go.

It's as if he's Yagami Light with a Death Note that's really a Fuckup Note.

>Misato completely screws up the wakeup and brief of Shinji so Shinji thinks she's the enemy and comes to me
>Kaworu completely fucks up his plan because he is retarded

This is 3.33 in a nutshell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yPwL0dcjZY
>>
>>117405969
>When shinji wants to talk instead of fight

I think you're forgetting what had just happened when they met up again with him later, dumbass.

Like I've been repeating, they aren't going to bother wasting time on him. They didn't want him, they wanted Unit 01. Now, they have to deal with a fucking ticking timebomb and they're too busy to explain 14 years worth of information to him. Asuka punches the glass because Shinji left her to save Rei, and the first thing he can do when he wakes up is say "where's ayanami" a hundred fucking times. Shinji has too much power and not enough understanding, which is a constant fucking problem. When they do start to explain to him what's going on, Shinji decides to ignore them and blindly go with "muh rei"
>>
You can tell exactly what went wrong with Rebuild by just looking at the posters.

>1.0
The characters introduced as far are all on the poster, surrounding Shinji in the centre.

>2.0
The same as 1.0, only Mari and Asuka have now also made an entrance. The story expands. Shinji is still at the centre.

>3.0
Picture related. Shinji is shoved to the side, sharing the centre with Kaworu. The rest of the characters are gone.

3.0 removed all the character and setting substance to sell a BL pairing. It actively and thoroughly killed any sort of meaning in the same process, aside from that BL pairing.

If Rebuild was good there would be no 3.0.
>>
>>117406294
I think you might actually be gay if you think anytime two male characters are the focus of a movie it's a cheap BL cashgrab
>>
File: AROOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (27 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
AROOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
27 KB, 704x480
>>117405790

Well I remembered that part wrong about him waking up earlier. But yeah it doesn't change anything.
No and no they don't because they hate him.

Maybe. All speculation.

I did. No they cant'. Which they tried.

No its not.

They did. No its not. It is from their view. Its is just a fragment of what was yet to follow.

Says the movie.

I dont think there is a point in arguing further anymore.
>>
>>117406285
>I think you're forgetting what had just happened when they met up again with him later, dumbass.
Forgetting what? I don't remember anything having happened prior.

They meet in Terminal Dogma, he's in an EVA, and he wants to talk. Now they would know that pissing him off here is stupid, but they do it anyway. Even when there was no need to. Poor writing.

>Like I've been repeating, they aren't going to bother wasting time on him.
They are wasting time on him, so you repeating what is to everyone else who watched the movie an obvious lie, is defeating your entire argument.
>>
>>117406400
Yeah, they meet as he's about to cause 4th fucking impact

Telling him to fucking stop isn't "pissing him off", it's Shinji being an emotional impulsive dumbass.
>>
>>117406349
>I dont think there is a point in arguing further anymore.
Only because you don't want to concede.

Come on you're literally going "ok I was wrong but that doesn't matter I'm still right".

Your arguments are just "No it's not", "No they can't", without addressing my own arguments that actually explains why they can and why it is.
>>
Considering how everyone is arguing over the way Shinji was treated, shows how poor the script was.

Anno could not convey his message.
>>
>>117406195

There is no way for Gendo to know what happens on board so his only plan must have been to forcefully get Shinji which makes his decision irrelevant.

Kaworou plan was a bit weird but god fucking dammit they should have made it so that Shinji doesn't HEAR Kawo telling him to stop.
>>
File: icon-van.jpg (21 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
icon-van.jpg
21 KB, 200x200
>>117406348
You have to be a fujoshit to deny reality as hard as you do.
I bet you could look at a gay porn DVD cover and go "it's totally not gay".
>>
>>117406491
Anno conveyed the message just fine, the problem is belligerent autists who self insert as Shinji not liking anyone being mean to him.

>>117406536
>Two males on a movie poster is the same as Van

Come on now. The thing is, the japanese don't see being a fag as anything more than a fetish or a phase, so the argument doesn't really stand. You must be really upset that Rei wasn't on the poster to compare Q to actual gay porn. Fuck, in NGE, Kaworu confessed his fucking love to Shinji, they didn't do that shit in this one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.