[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simple question: I use 3dsmax and I have a closed editable poly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1bf.gif (55 KB, 497x263) Image search: [Google]
1bf.gif
55 KB, 497x263
Simple question:

I use 3dsmax and I have a closed editable poly model and one of the faces has its normals fliped inside. I CAN'T SELECT IT cause the object is fucking closed.
There must be a shortcut without using tedious modifiers. Shift+click? No. Shift+Ctl+Alt+W+B+click.

C'mon what is the shortcut?
>>
> I CAN'T SELECT IT cause the object is fucking closed.
You CAN select backfaces of polys in max. Are you sure thats the issue ?
>>
>>521033
Do I have to disable occlusion culling to do so?
>>
>>521036
you mean backface culling ? if its automatically on just disable it
>>
Another simple question:

I want the view to align to the local pivot of selection. PAY ATTENTION: Not the "align to view" which can be found under tools, or edit, or Hierarchy... I want the opposite. "Align view to local pivot". Is it possible?

Thanks Anon for the previous response.
>>
>>521828
>I want the view to align to the local pivot of selection. PAY ATTENTION: Not the "align to view" which can be found under tools, or edit, or Hierarchy... I want the opposite. "Align view to local pivot". Is it possible?
>Thanks Anon for the previous response.

You can simply hit Z (that's the default, anyway) to zoom in on your selection.

If you want to actually align the camera so that it points directly at, say, a selected face, then you'll either have to do that manually or get a script to do it for you. Neil Blevins (http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_tools/scripts/3dsmax/soulburnscripts.htm) created a script that does just that, IIRC.
>>
>>521032

What's a closed editable poly?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.