[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wont shit up your board too long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Newfag to /3/, wont be long, sorry.

I like to paint, but I am shit at drawing. I would like to find a program that most easily lets me set up scenes I can screencap and trace onto a canvas, simple like al la pic related for example.

I dont need all the bells and whistles of the high tier programs. Really I just want a pose-able human reference, and the ability to place simple blocks/walls near it, so i can know how to draw my perspectives properly.

things im looking for
-good freeflying camera (with zoom and ability to change FOV angle).
-has default human models
-easy to place and pose simple 3d props and actors

Sorry for taking time on your board, I'll be thankful for any help I receive.

>I read the sticky but all those seemed to be for serious 3d modelers. I just want low poly poses.
>>
you'll never draw perspective properly while looking at a 2d source image
>>
Use a scultping program like Zbrush or Mudbox.
Im certain both come with a default human model but not rigged (poseable)
Its good for beginners too since you dont need to worry about topology
>>
File: StarTrek_Arena-1940x1455.jpg (524 KB, 1940x1455) Image search: [Google]
StarTrek_Arena-1940x1455.jpg
524 KB, 1940x1455
>>519417
I could literally trace this image(for example) and get the perspective right. If i recreated it in 3d, I could take a screencap from any perspective and still get it right. I paint alright, im just no good at the other stuff, so I have trouble translating my ideas to the canvas.

>>519418
thank you, will look at those.
>>
>>519416
2bh you'd better learn drawing with real life reference, but you'll find what you're looking for in basically any 3d package with the exception of default rigged humans, which you can find on the net with various degrees of quality (usually not that great, but sufficient if you intend to use them just for reference)
>>
>>519416
What Op is looking for is Poser and DAZ. Never thought the day would come I actually recommended that shit to anyone.
>>
>>519430
exactly this

daz is free comes with default models and what not, should be perfect for what op wants.
>>
>>519431
>>519430
Thank you both. I will look into those.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.