[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once upon a time I heard a rumor that many a /3/ goer came together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: o9SWKnP.jpg (762 KB, 2800x1600) Image search: [Google]
o9SWKnP.jpg
762 KB, 2800x1600
Once upon a time I heard a rumor that many a /3/ goer came together to replicate this Imperial Boy city in 3D. Though difficult to find, I've heard in passing that it's not impossible. So I come to you, my fellow /3/ lurkers, browsers, and posters, to ask if any of you know where I can acquire this rare and legendary specimen. So tell me, what do you know?
>>
>>518821
Just to the right of the foot bridge in the foreground is a covered bridge in the far background

I made that for the 3d version.
>>
>>518822
Would you happen to still have it and be willing to share it with me?
>>
maybe we could start another project like that? it would be fun
>>
>>518825
Well, if you really want to, suggest something.
>>
>>518827
i'm trying to think of something at the moment
>>
We already tried starting a new one, we had progress then people stopped, presumably because we all lose interest like 5 year olds.
>>
>>518821
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uitxtTAi8
you should really try to make a new collab if you want. don't start this over.
>>
>>518822
Do you still do 3d today?
It's been years man
>>
I made everything myself.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
>>
>>518870
Or because you chose a shit scene with nothing interesting to model.
>>
>>518914
>implying
>>
>>518825
>>518827
>>518870
I did several pieces for that collab and even some textures. It was about 90% done, as far as the modeling, but only 10% done as far as UV maps and textures. Nobody wanted to do the grunt work.

If you want to do a collab, here is how to actually make it work:

1) Actually *host* the project somewhere, like Github. Don't just use threads on /3/ because they will always go to shit over time.
2) One person is the moderator of the project. It's his call whether or not someone's contribution is accepted. If it's trash, it doesn't make the cut.
3) Come to /3/ once in a while to show progress and drum up more support, but don't spam 10 threads per day. /3/ is slow enough that a thread will stay here for weeks.

That's it. It doesn't need to be complicated, but you need to do this minimum amount of setup before starting the collab or it will end exactly the same way as every other collab on /3/.
>>
>>518874
Yeah I post things in the wip thread some times when I'm working on a project a lot.
>>
>>518873
we have a colab going, its taking a while since people are busy. join the /3/ discord to check it out
>>
Wow. Noone posted the 'completed' picture yet?

>>518985
You dont appear to have a thread
>>
>>518989
https://discord.gg/0Y4utWZT6cuYcgbs
>>
>>518989
>Noone
I know you probably didn't mean it,
but this shit pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>518989
>join the /3/ discord to check it out
>don't appear
to have
>thread
you must be some kind of stupid *spits*
>>
>>519005
We dont have a thread because we just talk in the discord???
>>
>>518952
but uv unwrapping is the fun part!! at least for me..
>>
>>519080
yep
makes shit easier and shit

probably
>>
>>518952
>/3/ is slow enough that a thread will stay here for weeks.

Fun fact: Over on 7chan there are threads over 4 years old.
>>
>>518873
Does anyone know where one could acquire the files of this?
>>
>>519147
Fun fact: over on /i/ there is a thread from late 2012
>>
>>519148
It was all on megaupload, which died. So most of the pieces are probably lost. Another reason why this is a good idea: >>518952
>>
File: IB3R.png (684 KB, 1258x635) Image search: [Google]
IB3R.png
684 KB, 1258x635
So I managed to find a file seemingly containing what >>518952 claimed.

It is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/le4o73v7xvxgv5t/MayaScene.rar

Pictured is a screenshot from the scene itself, but there appears to be a more complete one floating around somewhere according to >>518873 's YouTube video link that I can't seem to find.
>>
File: night.jpg (60 KB, 736x420) Image search: [Google]
night.jpg
60 KB, 736x420
>>519486
>there appears to be a more complete one floating around
Supposedly, someone took all the models and did some kind of quick and dirty projection onto them using the original art (the night version of the scene, pic related). Then he rendered that short loop and used it in his portfolio for a job interview.
>>
File: 1431136554863.gif (229 KB, 180x104) Image search: [Google]
1431136554863.gif
229 KB, 180x104
>>519515
>used it in his portfolio for a job interview.
So he took credit for the whole thing to get a job?
kek, never change /3/
>>
>>519540
Who said he took credit for the whole thing? Yeah that gif seems right
>>
>>518873

no fucking way
they finished it?

nigger i was here in like 2014 was it?
oh man

i thought it was forgotten :')
so damn good
>>
2010fag here.
never actually thought this would come to fruition.
I love you guys tho.
even if you're all dicks to each other
>>
That fucking udon stand makes my vertigo go crazy.

Nope! Nope! Nope!
>>
>>520900
Pussies dont get any udon.
>>
>>518873
>360p
What a shit little video.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.